[NOT A BUG, ZOOM NOT ACCURATE] Plat Cam zoom

Prior to the 2.5.5 update the Plat cam on both the Stennis and Tarawa could be zoomed in/out using Rctrl+num */

Since the 2.5.5 update this is no longer possible, ruining any possibility of making realistic promo videos focused on carrier ops.

Edited by Nealius

This was initially posted in Bugs->View System, then mysteriously moved here. If it’s not a bug, then they intentionally removed the ability to zoom. I don’t understand why....no one asked for it to be removed, there’s no rational reason to remove it, and it ultimately limits content creators who promote DCS and attract potential customers.

Agreed - this isn't a wishlist item, this is a bug from a previously working situation.

This really messes with those that want to record their squadron's landings at the boat.

I sure hope this isn't a backwards way to force purchases of an upcoming pay module in order to get view capabilities on the LSO platform...

LAlt+F9, zoom to be broken in the 2.5.5

View LAlt+F9. The zoom with Lctrl+num*/ functionality seems to be broken in the 2.5.5 updates

Окурок, выброшенный в урну, гораздо патриотичнее флажочка на автомобиле

TM Wartrhog Stick + VPC MongoosT-50Base + VPC TMW Extension 150mm / TM Wartrhog Throttle / CH Pro Pedals / 2-VPC Deck Mount / TrackIR5/

i5-10600K Over to 5.0MHz/32GbDD4-3200/RTX4070/System-SSD1 DCS-SSD2/32" 2560x1440

[NOT A BUG, ZOOM NOT ACCURATE]

Why should plat cam zoom be removed for being unrealistic, yet LAU-88s on an F-16 are deemed okay? What is your standard here? Most of the view system in DCS is "not accurate," in fact, and yet we still have those.

And thanks for killing promo videos with carrier ops, ED...

Edited by Nealius

Can someone from ED step up to the plate and explain or address this please? Either kindly fix the problem or explain the rational behind this change so to end the speculation and/or conspiracy theories.

Intel i7-8700K | Asus Maximus X Formula | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gainward Phoenix GTX1070 GLH | Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 1 x 250GB OS & 1 x 500GB Games | Corsair RM750x 750W | Corsair Carbide Air 540| Win10 | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz | Custom water loop: CPU EK-Supremacy EVO, GPU EK-GTX JetStream - Acetal+Nickel & Backplate, Radiator EK-Coolstream PE 360, Pump & Res EK-XRES 140 Revo D5, Fans 3 x EK-Vardar 120mm & 2 x Corsair ML140 140mm

Hi guys, as you’re aware VFA-113 have been making PLAT cam movies for many years.

Every now and then ED update the sim and it might hamper an aspect of what we do but it’s normally for a good reason.

The “Bad TV” effect caused me a lot of problem and I had to pay for help to get it fully resolved so we can all enjoy clear PLAT and Nealius could put out his Stennis view pack.

Fixing the FOV zoom for us is actually a great move as it standardises the view zoom for everyone. This makes our grading boxes an absolute and saves me a lot of time.

I haven’t seen any evidence but it is my hope that the new Aircraft Carrier will offer a much more enhanced selection of views over the standard LALT+F9 view.

VFA-113 has already adapted to the new change and I’ll release our updated overlay/PLAT cam & LSO mission soon.

Please be patient, and supportive of ED. They are currently working hard to make carrier ops even more amazing and they should feel encouraged by us.

Edited by JAR VFA-113 STINGERS

Yea chill Nealius...I mean...you are not making any money from producing videos online. How dare you criticize ED?

The frustration with ED is that unless you are in the inner circle of testers...you get bumpkiss unless they feel it warrants. And I understand they have a business to run and a brand to tend to, but really....

Posts everywhere of people scratching their head as to why anything such as this seems to happen. Barley a word, but from forums users in conjecture...

This little feature is a change they have made which many have used and enjoyed (which even promotes their product all over the web in videos) and it really would not be hard to just address it instead of allowing the speculation. Why not just confirm it as a bug or man up and say it was removed in preparation for x y z. Truly it is a small thing but is yet another situation where ED just ignores what it wishes to.

ED seems to have so many minion tester who's contributions to the sim I fully appreciate, but.... How about leverage those minions who are all over the forums to actually spread information rather than ask people to chill and wait for the great eagle to poop something tasty?

Crazy idea I know

VF-31 Tomcatters

vf31-cat.jpg

http://www.csg-1.com/ | Discord

• 2 weeks later...
Fixing the FOV zoom for us is actually a great move as it standardises the view zoom for everyone. This makes our grading boxes an absolute and saves me a lot of time.

Good news! I wonder if you have an updated version available for download?

• 4 weeks later...
Please be patient, and supportive of ED. They are currently working hard to make carrier ops even more amazing and they should feel encouraged by us.

How can they not be encouraged by the hundreds of dollars I have spent on this simulation, pray tell?

I fail to understand why people feel the need to treat these developers with kid gloves. Why do I need to encourage them beyond the cold hard cash I pay as a customer? I'm not beholden to them, it's the other way around.

We pay them money for a product and it isn't unreasonable to question why features are removed without notice or explanation why.