Normandy Map 1944 Live Stream - Page 7 - ED Forums

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 06:18 PM   #61
Captain Orso

Reputation power: 4
Captain Orso will become famous soon enough

So looking forward to the live stream

What kind of era FlaK units are being planned?

Are there infantry units in the planning? If yes, can you say anything about what types and weapons (MG's, bazooks, Panzerfaust, Panzerschreck, PIAT) and nationalities (US, British, German, Canadian) and how many men per unit? Will they be controllable with CA module?

Will the airfields have era style communications and operations? EG If you radio you are in-bound, will they give you any directions to the airfield? Will they work properly when doing a era flyover-peal off-landing? also with a flight of aircraft? also with AI aircraft?

Will take-off in parallel with AI aircraft be possible, if the runway is wide enough?

Will ATC actually coordinate take-offs and landings on an airfield if both operations are occurring at the same time within a mission?

What kind of formations will be available for the AI B-17G and with how many AC per formation? Any way to make huge multi group formations?

Will there be any settings in ME to have the AI B-17G formations fly evasive maneuvers when flying into areas defended by heavy FlaK (making small changes to altitude and heading every 30-45 seconds, depending on altitude, but maintaining a mean heading overall)?

Will buildings, and other structures (bridges, runways, roads) be destructible?

Will the HVAR's of the P-51D finally stop causing the airframe to yaw when they are fired?

Much appreciation for any questions you can answer

System Specs.
Spoiler:
System board ... MSI X99A GAMING 9 ACK
CPU ............ Intel Core i7-5820K
CPU cooling .... Noctua NH-D15
Memory ......... 16GB DDR4-3000 G.Skill Ripjaw
PSU ............ Corsair AX860i PSU
Graphics card .. Sapphire Radeon R9 295X2 8GB (closed liquid cooling)
System disk .... SanDisk Extreme PRO 480GB SSD
Monitor ........ ASUS MG279Q, 27"
Old 02-17-2017, 07:43 PM   #62
Simon1279

Reputation power: 5
Simon1279 is on a distinguished road

- Do we need to buy the map for having it running on servers at release?

I7 4770K @ 4.2 ghz, RAID 0 SSD 850 evo 500 GB, ASUS Z87 deluxe, GTX 1080, G940 modded (what should i do i'm a FFB fan), HTC VIVE.
Old 02-17-2017, 08:18 PM   #63
Sweep

Reputation power: 6
Sweep is just really niceSweep is just really nice

Question I: Will there be any airfields/airbases capable of supporting more modern aircraft?

Question II: Are mission editor place-able, hard surface airfields a possibility with this map or others in the future?

Apologies if I'm reposting or echoing what's been asked, haven't looked through the thread.
Old 02-18-2017, 12:20 AM   #64
Phantom453

Reputation power: 10
Phantom453 has a spectacular aura about

Great news about SE England being included and level of detail looks fine for now. The huge scope increase this allows for mission design is just awesome. Great move.

The fact ED made this change through listening to user feedback - even more awesome!

Questions:
1. As part of the WWII era units, will there also be the sort of ships you might expect along the coast/ in the channel - e.g. fishing boats etc.
2. Will the invasion fleet/ follow on landing ships be present, or at least the Naval Gunline ships? Can you show these and their level of functionality please (e.g. an NGS fire mission)
3. Will the Mulberry harbours be present/ placeable?
4. Can you show us "DCS laundry line" please?
5. Longer term, as a paid extension, do you plan to expand the Normandy map to include Greater London/ the London Docks/ Calais/ available airfields etc. and make the Atlantic Wall controllable through the ME so that one day we might have DCS 1940 - The Blitz/ Battle of Britain??
Old 02-18-2017, 12:28 PM   #65
Teschmacher

Reputation power: 2
Teschmacher is on a distinguished road

Flying modern era aircrafts in Normandy map is one thing, but are we going to be able to LAND and TAKE OFF the Su-27 or the F-15 from those airfields and airstrips?

My custom made aircraft skins for DCS

WIN10 x64 / 32 Gb RAM DDR4 / i7-4770K / NVIDIA GeForce 980 GTX
Old 02-18-2017, 02:17 PM   #66
BIGNEWY
Community Manager

Reputation power: 58
BIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to behold

Guys I had a tidy up,

please only leave questions for the live stream related to Normandy Map 1944
Windows 10 Pro x64, NVIDIA Zotac GTX 980 Amp 4gb, INTEL i7 4790K ( Cooled by H100i ), 16GB DDR3 , Asus Z97-AR, x1 256gb x1 240gb x1 120gb X1 60gb ssd's x1 1tb sshd, TM Warthog, Saitek rudder pedals, TIR5, Trackclip pro, x1 AOC 27" 1920X1080, GAMETRIX KW-908 Jetseat
Old 02-18-2017, 04:27 PM   #67
Hawkeye60

Reputation power: 5
Hawkeye60 is a jewel in the rough

Will He be able to answer every question put forth here?

So much anticipation!

Can't wait!
"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."
Old 02-18-2017, 07:57 PM   #68
Buzzles

Reputation power: 12
Buzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really nice

Q: As AAA is rather important in a WWII setting, are there plans to improve the flak systems?
Old 02-18-2017, 10:52 PM   #69
djankoDK

Reputation power: 0
djankoDK is on a distinguished road
Default Campaign

Have to ask, are there any campaign in this?
Old 02-19-2017, 06:31 AM   #70
jafa

Reputation power: 0
jafa will become famous soon enough

English airfields will not have the same level of detail as the rest of the map ? would like to know just how basic they are going to be and whether more detail is planned for a future update.
Closed Thread