asynchronous reprojection weird problem - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-17-2017, 07:11 PM   #11
BobFlex

Reputation power: 1
BobFlex is on a distinguished road

What you're experiencing is literally the point of Reprojection. The game is only running at 45fps or so, but SteamVR is running outside of the game and based on the frames that it is getting is creating new frames in between to keep your head movements appearing smooth.

The thing is DCS is only running at 45fps (or whatever it shows), but because SteamVR is what is actually running your headset, it's creating extra frames so that your headset runs at 90fps. They're not perfect representations of what you should be seeing, there are artifacts even if they're difficult to see. DCS isn't able to and doesn't need to do that on its own, so DCS won't report on the frames that isn't creating.
BobFlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 01:19 AM   #12
Wolf8312

Reputation power: 2
Wolf8312 is on a distinguished road

Yes but in 2.04 DCS does indeed report a solid 45-90 fps, and 1.5.5 and 6 do not. I think when DCS is working as it should it should be reporting 45-90 though don't quote me on that. Also for simple peace of mind and to know reprojection is actually working and it's nice to see the 45-90 fps! With 1.5.6 for me at least I'm really not sure it was hitting the required target.
Wolf8312 is offline   Reply With Quote