2.0.5 changed LoD? - Page 4 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-07-2017, 02:46 PM   #31
SiThSpAwN
Community Manager

Reputation power: 86
SiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to SiThSpAwN

Quote:
Originally Posted by watermanpc View Post
WOW!, thanks for the video, really weird what buildings are doing ...I understand this is a WIP, dont know how many times I have to tell this but, WHY release this???? ...now we have to play next 3/6/9/etc. months like that?? or even worse, forever?? ...I think we should ALWAYS get things BETTER not worse, no matter how much they "change" things... thats all I can say.
This is inherent to early access, things can go wrong, but people wanted support for new aircraft in these versions, so they push out updates, it almost becomes a lose/lose proposition for ED, people complain they cant fly the Spitfire in Nevada, then they push out a build that might have other errors because its Early Access, and then others are upset.

The best advice in this case is dont play early access. Things like this happen as they tweak and dial things in.

It's not the opinion that breaks the rules, its the delivery of that opinion • ED Product TermsED External Communication Policy example
Veteran of the DCS WWII July update thread of Two Thousand Fourteen • You're so vain, I bet you think this post is about you. • "I find your lack of faith disturbing"
**How to report a bug** • Visit Mudspike for more great simulation discussion and more!
SiThSpAwN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 03:34 PM   #32
OnlyforDCS

Reputation power: 10
OnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really nice

The whole point of an alpha is for people to test it out and report on the changes, bugs, etc.

What the OP and a few others have a problem here with is not necessarily that the product is an alpha, but that there has been so little feedback with regards to what has and hasn't been changed in each release over the year and more importantly WHY.

I think the devs never intentionally set out to make their product worse than it was, but in the course of developing and pushing updates things like this occur and as testers (not players, but TESTERS, this is an important distinction) it is our duty to report on these things as they occur.

I myself took a year-long hiatus from DCS for a number of reasons, not the least of which was to give ED time to unify their codebase and come back to an integrated Caucauss and Nevada. As this hasn't happened, I've decided that I'll stay on the release branch as I don't want to be a tester anymore.

I find I'm having much more fun with the sim now. This is my recommendation to anyone who is losing their patience. Take a break from TESTING the Alpha and Beta branches, and just enjoy playing the game.

Last edited by OnlyforDCS; 02-07-2017 at 03:43 PM. Reason: grammar
OnlyforDCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 03:43 PM   #33
SiThSpAwN
Community Manager

Reputation power: 86
SiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to SiThSpAwN

By all means, report everything you find, its all helpful. But you cant complain about stuff breaking or not working right unless it makes it to release, then you have every right to question it, but these early access builds can and will have issues, they dont always come with explanation, it would be nice if they did explain everything, but they don't, many times they dont know what happened till it gets fixed.

It's not the opinion that breaks the rules, its the delivery of that opinion • ED Product TermsED External Communication Policy example
Veteran of the DCS WWII July update thread of Two Thousand Fourteen • You're so vain, I bet you think this post is about you. • "I find your lack of faith disturbing"
**How to report a bug** • Visit Mudspike for more great simulation discussion and more!
SiThSpAwN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 04:06 PM   #34
Whisper

Reputation power: 13
Whisper has a spectacular aura about

Stuff getting buggy & worse in alpha or beta stage is to be expected.
ED do NOT owe anyone a "better product" at each patch of the alpha version! It's the very goal of these versions, to test stuff that can be breaking on a wide enough variety of hardware configurations, and with enough testers to have many corner cases covered (ED cannot replicate all test instances done by a wide audience).

That we're in this stage for too long, that communication is poor, that can be some concern. But "the alpha version is worse with patch xx.xxx and it should not happen!!" ? Big nono!

If you want the "quality product", wait for the final release. It's better for your money and your frustration.
Whisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 07:12 PM   #35
watermanpc

Reputation power: 5
watermanpc is a jewel in the rough

Hi BIGNEWY, any new info regarding this??...its been a couple of weeks and looks like at least another one without any info.

thanks
-Weathered A-10C Canopy frame for Ricardo's textures here
-Increased Heat Blur distance and quality here
watermanpc is offline   Reply With Quote