Early test of AV-8B Night Attack for DCS. - Page 6 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-17-2017, 04:36 PM   #51
Coxy_99

Reputation power: 23
Coxy_99 is a glorious beacon of lightCoxy_99 is a glorious beacon of lightCoxy_99 is a glorious beacon of lightCoxy_99 is a glorious beacon of lightCoxy_99 is a glorious beacon of lightCoxy_99 is a glorious beacon of lightCoxy_99 is a glorious beacon of lightCoxy_99 is a glorious beacon of lightCoxy_99 is a glorious beacon of lightCoxy_99 is a glorious beacon of lightCoxy_99 is a glorious beacon of light

Sex can i say that here to describe the harrier?

Follow me on twitch and youtube also: https://www.twitch.tv/coxy_99/profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLi...qEF8-UGWhwXD5A

Coxy_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 06:02 PM   #52
Zeus67
3rd Party Developer

Reputation power: 18
Zeus67 is a glorious beacon of lightZeus67 is a glorious beacon of lightZeus67 is a glorious beacon of lightZeus67 is a glorious beacon of lightZeus67 is a glorious beacon of lightZeus67 is a glorious beacon of lightZeus67 is a glorious beacon of lightZeus67 is a glorious beacon of lightZeus67 is a glorious beacon of lightZeus67 is a glorious beacon of lightZeus67 is a glorious beacon of light

The Basic HUD is nearly complete for both NAV and VSTOL modes. Further work must wait until the EFM is more advanced since the HUD requires certain parameters that must be fed by the EFM.

VSTOL mode: This mode is used when most of the lift is generated by the engines instead of the wings. It provides very useful data like engine RPM, Jet Tail Pipe Temperature, nozzle orientation and flaps deployment. All this is very important information that you need to stay alive while in jet borne operations. Remember, this aircraft is actively trying to kill you.

NAV mode: Default mode used for non combat flying.

Flaps are automatic so you do not have a flap handle but a switch that changes flaps operation:
CRUISE - Basically for flying. Flaps remain at a fixed position
AUTO - A compromise between CRUISE and STOL. Flaps move depending on aircraft configuration.
STOL - The main mode for jet borne operation (VSTOL). With the flaps in VSTOL mode, they move automatically based on nozzle orientation. (check the VSTOL HUD).

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."
Zeus67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 06:06 PM   #53
Dav IRL

Reputation power: 6
Dav IRL has a spectacular aura aboutDav IRL has a spectacular aura aboutDav IRL has a spectacular aura aboutDav IRL has a spectacular aura aboutDav IRL has a spectacular aura about

Definitely day one purchase absolutely no question about it, can't wait.
Old 02-17-2017, 06:17 PM   #54
comie1

Reputation power: 8
comie1 has a spectacular aura aboutcomie1 has a spectacular aura aboutcomie1 has a spectacular aura aboutcomie1 has a spectacular aura about

Looking super nice there Zeus67
Old 02-17-2017, 06:21 PM   #55
Torso

Reputation power: 2
Torso has a spectacular aura aboutTorso has a spectacular aura aboutTorso has a spectacular aura aboutTorso has a spectacular aura aboutTorso has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus67 View Post
Remember, this aircraft is actively trying to kill you.
I feel this way about several aircraft at times.

Day 1 purchase indeed. This is one of my dream DCS birds. Thanks for sharing more of your production process with us Zeus67. It is really appreciated very much I know by all.
Torso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 06:22 PM   #56
razo+r

Reputation power: 11
razo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nice

is it still WIP or why is the FPM always so high up that you get a negative aoa?
Old 02-17-2017, 06:26 PM   #57
Zeus67
3rd Party Developer

Reputation power: 18
Zeus67 is a glorious beacon of lightZeus67 is a glorious beacon of lightZeus67 is a glorious beacon of lightZeus67 is a glorious beacon of lightZeus67 is a glorious beacon of lightZeus67 is a glorious beacon of lightZeus67 is a glorious beacon of lightZeus67 is a glorious beacon of lightZeus67 is a glorious beacon of lightZeus67 is a glorious beacon of lightZeus67 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by razo+r View Post
is it still WIP or why is the FPM always so high up that you get a negative aoa?
It is not even an Alpha. Development has just started. Everything is just basic or placeholder.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."
Zeus67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 06:48 PM   #58
razo+r

Reputation power: 11
razo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus67 View Post
It is not even an Alpha. Development has just started. Everything is just basic or placeholder.
Ok, thanks for that

Good luck with the rest of the development
Old 02-17-2017, 07:51 PM   #59
Paradox

Reputation power: 8
Paradox is a jewel in the roughParadox is a jewel in the roughParadox is a jewel in the roughParadox is a jewel in the roughParadox is a jewel in the roughParadox is a jewel in the rough

After initial slight disappointment over the specific version (GR7 is just my favouritest thing ever) I'm SO in now. I'm impressed.
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 07:53 PM   #60
ebabil

Reputation power: 15
ebabil is just really niceebabil is just really niceebabil is just really niceebabil is just really niceebabil is just really niceebabil is just really niceebabil is just really niceebabil is just really niceebabil is just really nice

according to video, this plane hovers better than huey

Youtube
ebabil is offline   Reply With Quote