DCS F/A-18C OFP 13C, Lot 20, ATFLIR Thread - Page 164 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-18-2017, 05:50 AM   #1631
3WA

Reputation power: 2
3WA is on a distinguished road

I think the problem is, they are still working out all the systems. That's why they keep making lesser jets, but each one is a little more advanced, like the Viggen. They're getting there. Hopefully soon. I think ground radar was the bigger hurdle.
3WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 06:01 AM   #1632
Roller25

Reputation power: 0
Roller25 is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe it's a case of them knowing they have f-all chance of selling other modules for a while once they release the Hornet, so they are pushing out as many modules as they can prior to releasing it.

Probably a business decision more than anything else.
Roller25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 06:14 AM   #1633
MethWolf

Reputation power: 4
MethWolf is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roller25 View Post
Maybe it's a case of them knowing they have f-all chance of selling other modules for a while once they release the Hornet, so they are pushing out as many modules as they can prior to releasing it.

MethWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 07:49 AM   #1634
RyboPops

RyboPops is a jewel in the roughRyboPops is a jewel in the roughRyboPops is a jewel in the roughRyboPops is a jewel in the roughRyboPops is a jewel in the roughRyboPops is a jewel in the roughRyboPops is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMikeJuliet View Post
On the chit-chat subforum there is a thread with all available info. The post title even tells us the specific version we are getting.

The thread you may want to visit is this https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=168861
Threadception. I'm stuck in a loop of the space-time continuum.
RyboPops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 10:02 AM   #1635
Buzzles

Reputation power: 14
Buzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter22 View Post
Can anyone have the decency/respect/ and costumer advise support for those who are NOT interested in WW2 planes and at least say something on what going on with the F/18? still and dream ?/project /abandoned project? so we just can just go and move on and dont bother check out this forums for the next few months...I am so frustrated on how this issue is being ignored...no news ..no updates...is really sad ....unbelievable....
yeah erase my post ...who cares...!!!!!:mu sic_whistling::m usic_whistling:
Sign up to the newsletter then you'll get the news and never have to visit the forum again.

Also, ED have said it is being worked on, does having *any* other news other than the eventual "It's available for download" have any actual bearing on your life? No? Then just wait patiently like the rest of us.
Buzzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 11:53 AM   #1636
OnlyforDCS

Reputation power: 14
OnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roller25 View Post

While I doubt that this is true, I think its fair to say that there is very little chance of the Hornet appearing as an alpha or beta module before we see the Normandy Alpha.
Old 02-18-2017, 12:14 PM   #1637
Roller25

Roller25 is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope I'm wrong. But from a business perspective it makes perfect sense - given the amount of interest this module has generated. Also if I were a 3rd party developer, I'd also be wanting this module be delayed as long as possible.

Complete speculation, however.
Roller25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 03:32 PM   #1638
Pocket Sized+
Posting Rights Revoked

Pocket Sized is just really nicePocket Sized is just really nicePocket Sized is just really nicePocket Sized is just really nicePocket Sized is just really nicePocket Sized is just really nicePocket Sized is just really nicePocket Sized is just really nicePocket Sized is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter22 View Post
no news ..no updates...is really sad ....unbelievable....
https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...postcount=1621
Pocket Sized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 08:04 PM   #1639
DistantStatic

DistantStatic is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woona View Post
>all of these comments and complaints about them not spending their every breathing second working on the Hornet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FYTc55nGEI

I'm going to quote a message i left in another thread, as it usually stops further "why are you not just using all resources on developing the F/A-18, hurr" comments.
Admins, you may of course delete if OT, but i think this one might be helpful to some.

If any ED internals have anything to correct or add to this, i'm sure we'd all love to hear, myself definitely included.

Thanks again everyone for the compliments on the video!
Here are some more Hornet pictures i found over the past week.
Great job with the strawman argument. I've let this run off enough. What you're looking at is a dedication of a full vertical stack of resources not the common sense way (horizontal) because that defeats your argument.

But that's ok that what internet arguments are about, not being correct but seeming correct among the present people.

To clarify the points made here by people not interested in writing out entire reports of their dissatisfaction on an internet forum, ED failed to complete any if not all systems work for 3 years. This is evident by their October Hornet Update where they said they had JUST THEN began systems programming and further evidenced by the fact not ONE month later they realize its a bigger bite to swallow and announce the, what I like to call, indefinite delay. What does this mean? They spent 3 years developing the model (of which they already had a starting point with the AI model) and created the cockpit model (with seemingly nothing functioning as further evidenced by the statement made they had just begun systems testing).

So when people say (if they say) "Why are more resources not being directed at this module?" Its probably due to the fact they took 3 years making a model and cockpit and didnt even bother to take a look at what the systems portion would entail.

That's just irresponsible. Again as I stated before in a giant portion of thread deletion, if ED had ANY competition in the modern combat simulator department, ED would be dead in the water.
DistantStatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 08:39 PM   #1640
RyboPops

RyboPops is a jewel in the roughRyboPops is a jewel in the roughRyboPops is a jewel in the roughRyboPops is a jewel in the roughRyboPops is a jewel in the roughRyboPops is a jewel in the roughRyboPops is a jewel in the rough

Who pissed in your Wheaties this morning bro? While I'm sure there are a handful that agree with you, the majority of us are just happy to have what we have. I'm a long-time lurker of the forums (since like 2012ish, but relatively new in terms of actually joining and posting) and in my experience posts like yours generally cause a few things to happen:

1 - The thread gets locked (or worse, deleted) and the rest of us that don't feel the need to complain and enjoy being helpfully constructive no longer have the ability to post to the thread

2 - The user that posted the angry comment gets banned for some finite, or perhaps infinite time period (deservedly so IMO)

3 - The world (and ED development) moves on without the angry user

I hope you can have a happier day mate, life's too short to be mad.
RyboPops is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
f-18