DCS F/A-18C OFP 13C, Lot 20, ATFLIR Thread - Page 164 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-17-2017, 05:46 PM   #1631
Greekbull

Reputation power: 3
Greekbull will become famous soon enoughGreekbull will become famous soon enough

I try and stay positive...I realize some people are overly critical but they should've ruin it for the rest of us. Just ignore them...I'm sure it won't change anything but some communication would be appreciated by most.
i7 4790K @ 4.9Ghz I ASUS Z97-A I 32GB 1866 RAM I EVGA GTX 1080 FTW I Cooler Master Hyper 612 Ver2 I Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas I 4K 50" main monitor I 27" Touchscreen W/Helios I Saitek Pro Combat Pedals I TrackIR 5 W/ Track Clip Pro I Oculus Rift CV1
Greekbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 05:49 PM   #1632
The Black Swan

Reputation power: 5
The Black Swan is a jewel in the roughThe Black Swan is a jewel in the roughThe Black Swan is a jewel in the roughThe Black Swan is a jewel in the roughThe Black Swan is a jewel in the roughThe Black Swan is a jewel in the roughThe Black Swan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberfeldwebel Elmo View Post
I'm just gonna bide time. No point in rushing something that demands perfection. It's akin to a scale plastic model. If you rush it it will fit and look horrible. Spend your time on it and the kit will fir properly and look amazing.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
True but they are looking for an early access release, those are never perfect but if it is half as complete as it will be on release, that's still a LOT of features with this bird.
Old 02-17-2017, 05:52 PM   #1633
SkateZilla
Moderator/ED Testers Team

Reputation power: 79
SkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to behold

The End of year 2016 was a hopeful estimate, and was even stated as being so, and not a firm release date.

As for which studio is developing which part, that hasn't been disclosed,
But given the complexity of the interaction between systems and flight model, I doubt it's that separated/divided.
TM Warthog HOTAS, TM MFDs, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR4 Pro
SkateZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 05:58 PM   #1634
Pocket Sized+
Posting Rights Revoked

Reputation power: 0
Pocket Sized is just really nicePocket Sized is just really nicePocket Sized is just really nicePocket Sized is just really nicePocket Sized is just really nicePocket Sized is just really nicePocket Sized is just really nicePocket Sized is just really nicePocket Sized is just really nice

As is the case with any high profile release, the developer can't afford to make it available massively unfinished.

Imagine if they put it out in open beta with a disclaimer that said "oh by the way, turning on the radar in multiplayer crashes the server." Beta or not, that's gonna piss a lot of people off.
Pocket Sized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 06:23 PM   #1635
BarTzi

Reputation power: 1
BarTzi is on a distinguished road

Then what's wrong with saying "We are still working on the hornet, we hope to share some new information when it's available"?. That's better than "What's that hornet doing here".
BarTzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 06:59 PM   #1636
Woona+
Posting Rights Revoked

Reputation power: 0
Woona has a spectacular aura aboutWoona has a spectacular aura aboutWoona has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarTzi View Post
Then what's wrong with saying "We are still working on the hornet, we hope to share some new information when it's available"?. That's better than "What's that hornet doing here".
Don't turn it into another OT "complaining about ED's PR"-dominant thread. I agree with what you're saying, but that belongs in its own, related thread.

Here're some images i shot during the recording of the History Lesson video.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	asdasdasgfasdg.png
Views:	115
Size:	1.45 MB
ID:	157423   Click image for larger version

Name:	asdasdf.png
Views:	114
Size:	1.74 MB
ID:	157424   Click image for larger version

Name:	fvbtyrh.png
Views:	104
Size:	842.4 KB
ID:	157425  

Click image for larger version

Name:	sdsdfdsfhs.png
Views:	107
Size:	2.88 MB
ID:	157426  
Woona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 07:01 PM   #1637
SiThSpAwN
Community Manager

Reputation power: 93
SiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarTzi View Post
https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...postcount=1621

SiThSpAwN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 03:46 AM   #1638
Peter22

Reputation power: 9
Peter22 has a spectacular aura aboutPeter22 has a spectacular aura aboutPeter22 has a spectacular aura about
Default F/18

Can anyone have the decency/respect/ and costumer advise support for those who are NOT interested in WW2 planes and at least say something on what going on with the F/18? still and dream ?/project /abandoned project? so we just can just go and move on and dont bother check out this forums for the next few months...I am so frustrated on how this issue is being ignored...no news ..no updates...is really sad ....unbelievable....
yeah erase my post ...who cares...!!!!!:mu sic_whistling::m usic_whistling:
My Rig:I7 4790K OC to 4.5 GHz .Memory ram 16GB 64 Bit MOB Asus Maximus hero VII Nvidia 980 4GB Asus Monitor 4K at 3840x2160 Windos 10 on SDD and DCS on separate SSD drive. Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog CH pro pedals
Peter22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 04:25 AM   #1639
MikeMikeJuliet

Reputation power: 6
MikeMikeJuliet is a jewel in the roughMikeMikeJuliet is a jewel in the roughMikeMikeJuliet is a jewel in the roughMikeMikeJuliet is a jewel in the roughMikeMikeJuliet is a jewel in the roughMikeMikeJuliet is a jewel in the roughMikeMikeJuliet is a jewel in the roughMikeMikeJuliet is a jewel in the rough

Little pieces of info including some cockpit screenshots have been given to the public multiple times in the last few months. On the chit-chat subforum there is a thread with all available info. The post title even tells us the specific version we are getting. Latest mention was on the Viggen livestream prior to it's release when there were a couple of Hornets taxiing next to them and Wags calling the aircraft out in his usual manner (Hey, what's that Hornet doing there).

The thread you may want to visit is this https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=168861

So yes, the project is very much alive and kicking. It is just taking time, as do all DCS modules.

Kind regards,
MikeMikeJuliet
MikeMikeJuliet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 04:50 AM   #1640
3WA

Reputation power: 2
3WA is on a distinguished road

I think the problem is, they are still working out all the systems. That's why they keep making lesser jets, but each one is a little more advanced, like the Viggen. They're getting there. Hopefully soon. I think ground radar was the bigger hurdle.
3WA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
f-18