DCS F/A-18C OFP 13C, Lot 20, ATFLIR Thread - Page 163 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-17-2017, 03:08 PM   #1621
Justificus

Reputation power: 8
Justificus is just really niceJustificus is just really niceJustificus is just really niceJustificus is just really niceJustificus is just really niceJustificus is just really niceJustificus is just really niceJustificus is just really niceJustificus is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Trust me guys, things are proceeding, ED tries to keep hush on this stuff, and I know its frustrating, but things are moving forward, and moving forward at a good pace.
Great to hear, SiThSpAwN, thanks for sharing that. And yes, we trust you!

System Specs:
Spoiler:
ASUS Maximus VII, i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 970 SSC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 GT Super Gaming Modular Full Tower Computer Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Track IR5, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII Assets Pack,
Justificus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 05:04 PM   #1622
RAFS Relic

Reputation power: 0
RAFS Relic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greekbull View Post
I just think people are frustrated...understandably frustrated. And I think more information rather than less would help.
Exactly Greek, Some new screenshots, updated progress report. In this case a little would be better then nothing.

VFA-248 Prowlers CDR "Deadstick"

http://reaperactual.com/vfa248/
RAFS Relic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 05:11 PM   #1623
sobek
Veteran

Reputation power: 186
sobek has much to be proud ofsobek has much to be proud ofsobek has much to be proud ofsobek has much to be proud ofsobek has much to be proud ofsobek has much to be proud ofsobek has much to be proud ofsobek has much to be proud ofsobek has much to be proud ofsobek has much to be proud ofsobek has much to be proud of

Quote:
This is starting to become a disturbing pattern...we hope to release this before the end of the year...no release...rinse and repeat the same statement for the next year.
It can't be rinse and repeat if ED don't release estimates that then have to be revised.

Quote:
And I think more information rather than less would help.
Respectfully, i disagree. We've been down that road so many times and it went bad again and again.
sobek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 05:37 PM   #1624
Pocket Sized+
Posting Rights Revoked

Pocket Sized is just really nicePocket Sized is just really nicePocket Sized is just really nicePocket Sized is just really nicePocket Sized is just really nicePocket Sized is just really nicePocket Sized is just really nicePocket Sized is just really nicePocket Sized is just really nice

If they posted an update now, people would be disappointed because it would just be a repeat of the last major update.

Remember, the 3D model is essentially finished, so most of the work is in code at the moment. They could say something like "X, Y, and Z systems are fully functional" only to have those systems completely obliterated by an undiscovered bug 2 days later.

Good things come to those who wait.
Pocket Sized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 05:39 PM   #1625
Oberfeldwebel Elmo

Reputation power: 7
Oberfeldwebel Elmo is a jewel in the roughOberfeldwebel Elmo is a jewel in the roughOberfeldwebel Elmo is a jewel in the roughOberfeldwebel Elmo is a jewel in the roughOberfeldwebel Elmo is a jewel in the roughOberfeldwebel Elmo is a jewel in the rough

I'm just gonna bide time. No point in rushing something that demands perfection. It's akin to a scale plastic model. If you rush it it will fit and look horrible. Spend your time on it and the kit will fir properly and look amazing.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.
Oberfeldwebel Elmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 05:43 PM   #1626
The Black Swan

Reputation power: 5
The Black Swan is a jewel in the roughThe Black Swan is a jewel in the roughThe Black Swan is a jewel in the roughThe Black Swan is a jewel in the roughThe Black Swan is a jewel in the roughThe Black Swan is a jewel in the roughThe Black Swan is a jewel in the rough

My hopes for the hornet would have been dashed to pieces at the end of last year if it weren't for the news about teaming up with belsimtek. And that's not anything against ED, I've read a lot of the NATOPS manual and it's a lot to work on.
ED can "sic em" on the FM or something and that would, I'm sure, help.
I'm sure belsimtek is glad to join as well, because they know as well as we do, that the hornet will be a huge release, maybe only rivaled by the tomcat
Old 02-17-2017, 05:46 PM   #1627
Greekbull

Reputation power: 3
Greekbull will become famous soon enoughGreekbull will become famous soon enough

I try and stay positive...I realize some people are overly critical but they should've ruin it for the rest of us. Just ignore them...I'm sure it won't change anything but some communication would be appreciated by most.
i7 4790K @ 4.9Ghz I ASUS Z97-A I 32GB 1866 RAM I EVGA GTX 1080 FTW I Cooler Master Hyper 612 Ver2 I Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas I 4K 50" main monitor I 27" Touchscreen W/Helios I Saitek Pro Combat Pedals I TrackIR 5 W/ Track Clip Pro I Oculus Rift CV1
Greekbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 05:49 PM   #1628
The Black Swan

Reputation power: 5
The Black Swan is a jewel in the roughThe Black Swan is a jewel in the roughThe Black Swan is a jewel in the roughThe Black Swan is a jewel in the roughThe Black Swan is a jewel in the roughThe Black Swan is a jewel in the roughThe Black Swan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberfeldwebel Elmo View Post
I'm just gonna bide time. No point in rushing something that demands perfection. It's akin to a scale plastic model. If you rush it it will fit and look horrible. Spend your time on it and the kit will fir properly and look amazing.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
True but they are looking for an early access release, those are never perfect but if it is half as complete as it will be on release, that's still a LOT of features with this bird.
Old 02-17-2017, 05:52 PM   #1629
SkateZilla
Moderator/ED Testers Team

Reputation power: 84
SkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to behold

The End of year 2016 was a hopeful estimate, and was even stated as being so, and not a firm release date.

As for which studio is developing which part, that hasn't been disclosed,
But given the complexity of the interaction between systems and flight model, I doubt it's that separated/divided.
TM Warthog HOTAS, TM MFDs, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR4 Pro
SkateZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 05:58 PM   #1630
Pocket Sized+
Posting Rights Revoked

Pocket Sized is just really nicePocket Sized is just really nicePocket Sized is just really nicePocket Sized is just really nicePocket Sized is just really nicePocket Sized is just really nicePocket Sized is just really nicePocket Sized is just really nicePocket Sized is just really nice

As is the case with any high profile release, the developer can't afford to make it available massively unfinished.

Imagine if they put it out in open beta with a disclaimer that said "oh by the way, turning on the radar in multiplayer crashes the server." Beta or not, that's gonna piss a lot of people off.
Pocket Sized is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
f-18