Virtual Patriots - L-39 External Test In DCS World

Blaze

Wow sounds like you us are paying attention to every little detail, you got another customer if you decide to sell it! Just curious why don't you have your own section on the forum?

We hope to model systems to near the A-10C level of detail. While this may sound daunting for a small dev team, the L-39 is an infinitely simpler aircraft. :)

• Like 1

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll try to get some pics of the prototypes tomorrow... They're flying at the race I'm working!

Gadgets

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

I cannot believe it! The L-39 Albatros, in DCS? That's a dream come true! Thank you so much for your effort guys! Keep up the good work! I am definitely pre-ordering this one as soon as I see it become available!

Thanks! :ermm: But tell ED, cause those are default in the game.

i dont understand why you cant tune up ED's Albatros, that's almost perfect, you need only a cockpit and a sharpened FM, coz factory Alba FM looks/works good enough but you can improve it more

not an AFM but very accurate as SFM

by the way, nothing is default in the game ;)

Edited by NRG-Vampire

sign-pic4.jpg

i dont understand why you cant tune up ED's Albatros, that's almost perfect, you need only a cockpit and a sharpened FM, coz factory Alba FM looks/works good enough but you can improve it more

by the way, nothing is default in the game ;)

We are improving the SFM, but that 3d model is not ours, so we can't use it. Ours is just as accurate in shape, but a little more detailed in some areas. It's still a WIP as with everything else.

Nothing is default? How do you define default, lol.

Edited by SilentEagle

Because it is our decision to make an even more accurate 3D model than the one that's in-game. That's not ours to "tune up". If you're happy with the one that's in-game already than you can happily continue to fly that one, however ours aims to surpass that in all aspects, visually and complexity.

Edited by Blaze

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

well i understand your goals, but in the other hand?: we got some new detailed planes already like F-15C/E, E-2D, Alba, Mi-26, Mi-8, Apaches...

so the externals are done with animations, if someone or a team make FMs and cockpits i think ED will allow to use these model (for cheaper selling prices?)

lets imagine IRIS sim without an external F-15E - then they need to use ED's Mudhen - with permission of course

so external model is not all but ED have some

important but accurate FM and cockpit more "a must have" for hardcore simmers - (if no external view in SP/MP)

IMHO

sign-pic4.jpg

well i understand your goals, but in the other hand?: we got some new detailed planes already like F-15C/E, E-2D, Alba, Mi-26, Mi-8, Apaches...

so the externals are done with animations, if someone or a team make FMs and cockpits i think ED will allow to use these model (for cheaper selling prices?)

lets imagine IRIS sim without an external F-15E - then they need to use ED's Mudhen - with permission of course

so external model is not all but ED have some

important but accurate FM and cockpit more "a must have" for hardcore simmers - (if no external view in SP/MP)

IMHO

We don't currently have any agreement with ED for the L-39, so we can't possibly be using their external model. Cockpit is being worked on, however.

Edited by SilentEagle

OK I notice on all your sigs *3rd party developer*. I may have missed that previously, but better tha congratulations to come late than never heh? So a big CONGRATULATIONS (even tho it's a tad late). I hope this bird is parke don my private apron one day before too soon. She is beautiful!

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

Good to see this one!

System specs below

Case - Antec Three Hundred

PSU - Corsair AX750watt

Board - MSI Z170A GAMING PRO

CPU - Intel i5 6600K 3900MHz

Cooler - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Plus

Memory - Kingston HYPERX 16G DDR4 2400Mhz CL15

Graphics - MSI GEFORCE GTX 980 GAMING 4G

SSD - Samsung 950 PRO 256GB M.2 NVMe

Monitor - Philips 277E 27" 1920x1080 60Hz

OS - Windows 10 Home 64bit

Flight Controllers - Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG, Saitek COMBAT RUDDER PEDALS, TrackIR 4, Track Clip Pro

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We don't currently have any agreement with ED for the L-39, so we can't possibly be using their external model. Cockpit is being worked on, however.

You could make the most accurate, detailed, and bug free simulator ever and people would still find something to fault you on.. I'd like very much for this not to discourage your efforts however, it is shaping up to be a great product from where I am standing.

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

My Strobelight MAX technique :book:

Why don't you use BillboardNode ?

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

My Strobelight MAX technique :book:

Ok...? :huh: We're using real lights in the game, not a workaround. Nice though...and that would be sprite not billboard.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "