DCS 1.2.7 Open Beta - Preliminary Changelog

But wait! There's more!!!

Since 1.2.7 will be a new beta which will eventually become a new install this means we will lose our flight logs?

(Flight hours for each aircraft, total time etc...)

If so can we make it so this does not happen?

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But wait! There's more!!!

Since 1.2.7 will be a new beta which will eventually become a new install this means we will lose our flight logs?

(Flight hours for each aircraft, total time etc...)

If so can we make it so this does not happen?

You won't lose your flight logs if you keep your 1.2.6 install.

Once the beta phase for 1.2.7 is over, the original 1.2.6 will be updated to the release version of 1.2.7.

This is at least how I would expect it to happen.

You won't lose your flight logs if you keep your 1.2.6 install.

Once the beta phase for 1.2.7 is over, the original 1.2.6 will be updated to the release version of 1.2.7.

This is at least how I would expect it to happen.

Correct. The open beta maintains a completely separate directory until it goes to public release (at least this is how it works with other open beta software). Then once v1.2.7 is released to the public, the main game auto-updater should update your existing v1.2.6 install to v1.2.7.

The purpose of the beta, as stated previously, is to give you a completely clean slate with which to test new game patches. Really, all you should use it for is this. You shouldn't install mods or textures or cockpits to try and make it a copy of your v1.2.6 install because that's not the point... the point is to rule out any outside variables that may break features of the game and test a vanilla install of the next version of DCS World.

The only exception to this would be if you currently maintain an active modification and want to make sure it works in the latest version, and if it is broken you should take the appropriate steps to fix it prior to v1.2.7 public release.

=)

Robert Sogomonian | Psyrixx

website| e-mail | blog | youtube | twitter

Ya, I didn't mean to say it would be a 5 minute change, but there is obviously a lot of energy around pointing out imperfections and some of that could probably be a little more effectively directed.

This whole thing is sooo reminiscent of the Janes' F-15 dayz (circa 1996-7 or so). Remember that? CJ and company on the forums almost everyday addressing the 'whining' about the power output of the F-15E as opposed to the C model, etc. and why it can't go vertical with all those stores, etc. etc.

-The same guys are here. Some developers, too - all working hard.

-We're older now, and still have our pet 'concerns.'

-We're more focused, and willing to 'pitch in' - because we 'bought in' - and there's, frankly, no better flight model anywhere - save IL-2 and associated.

-Carrying on from above, all the vitriol of the 'purists' (us) are focused on "what's left of the flight community(s) offerings" and are all the more adamant that it "finally be correct...." (whatever "it" is - and there are many aspects).

Let's all step back...take deep breaths...and realize that we're all on the same page, here, at the core.

• Like 2

Let's all step back...take deep breaths...and realize that we're all on the same page, here, at the core.

If there is anyone else here from Texas can you pop over to Filaments palace and give him a hug from me.

:)

Truly I agree.

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

Look, DCSW is a massive undertaking and it's a small company. Can't relate to that, well, go play Pong or something. Some needed fixes in there if you ask me however ;)

DSC are not small, how rude.. :P

My system specification

i7 13700KF/ Z690 Aorus Elite/ 32GB/ Galax 4080/ ViewSonic Elite XG320Q 32/ Next level racing - Sim cockpit - Boeing editing / 3x MFD's, Trackir 5/ TPR/ Orion2 F/A-18 Throttle/VPC WarBRD Base/ Hornet grip/F-16 grip/ HP Reverb G2

:thumbup:

I will use this OB opportunity to address the 'Crazy Shkval' issue on the Ka-50 once and for all. It's the only game breaking bug that's left, and it's been ignored for several years.

i7 8700K | GTX 1080 Ti | 32GB RAM | 500GB M.2 SSD | TIR5 w/ Trackclip Pro | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder

[sigpic]http://www.132virtualwing.org[/sigpic]

wait after you get the 17mb you get a nice 12.8 GB, what is strange that its DLing at 17MB/s when i have a crappy 6mbps connection.

17mb o.O

The web installer is 17mb.

The open beta will be about the same size as your full V1.2.6, assuming no significant changes (Like scenery, texture overhauls) were made.

It will be installed not as a patch, but as a standalone version of DCS. Even with its own saved games folder for config files, logs and tracks etc.

'Frett'

OpenBeta installer picks up files from your DCS World install if it finds one.

You can see it when it says "Copying files from local source" - here you can get your 17MB/s ;)

:thumbup: Perfect, Why waste broadband when yu can copy and paste :D

DCSW wishlist : multi-crew :D

GTX480, i52400, 8GB, Samsung EVO 840 250G SSD, Raid 0 2TB =~45 FPS [Maxed]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@ C0ff

Is there a way I can download the required files for the BETA on one computer, and then transfer the files to another computer? (I'm at work) Or is that not recommended?

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

--Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/livingfood --

Is there a way I can download the required files for the BETA on one computer, and then transfer the files to another computer? (I'm at work) Or is that not recommended?

Shouldn't be a problem. After you ahve copied the files, you might want to run the updater to make sure everything is in order.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Please fix the KA-50 bugs :-)

Black Shark: Controller profile & setup, TrackIR profile, pit.

Warthog HOTAS: Lubing the stick and extending the stick.

Posts on howto customize switches in DCS &

Must-have mods for DCS World and KA-50 (mostly JSGME).

Casual couch pilot, watching capped.tv...

• ED Team
@ C0ff

No way to directly download.

You can install it on one computer and then just move the whole installation to another one.

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

It's a good thing I have nothing to do tonight outside of hockey.. lol. I Can leave everything run and download while I'm out, and come back to it tomorrow and abuse it.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs