[DCS BUG RESOLVED] Getting stuck in map view,

Andysim212

Hi, Anyone else have this or is it just me. Happens when every I set a navigation point in the F10 map view. For what ever reason I cannot return to the aircraft F1 or F2 (in fact none of the keys will get me back and I have to force DCS World to close.

Edited by IronMike

I heard in a MP video that if you name the waypoint, the sim will freeze/crash.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Yes I get this now since the last update.

If I create waypoints on the map using the Mark Label icon and save them as say wpt1 or wpt2 for jester to load into the ins I can not get out the F10 map view, DCS freezes and I have to Ctrl-Alt-Del to force DCS to close.

This worked perfectly up until the last update, so something is broken. Not sure if its a DCS thing or F14 specific.

Hope they see this and fix it soon as using jester to enter waypoints like this was very useful in SP.

EDIT : - Just tried this again in a SP mission and if you don't enter a name for the waypoint it works as normal, if you change the name of the mark point whilst in F10 view to say "Wpt1" it locks you into the F10 map. Looks like a bug.

Edited by bart

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

I think it's not Tomcat related, as in the general DCS world 2.5 bug section I see someone having the same issue while flying the Viggen

(I had the same issue btw in the F14 after entering a new marker/waypoint)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Confirmed here as well. I haven't tried without names but is good to know I am not crazy. Well, not that crazy anyway. I was pressing all F keys in despair watching the cat crashing into the mountains. Out of curiosity, did anyone tried with another plane?

[sIGPIC]OK[/sIGPIC]

I can confirm the same in F18 and Mig21. Adding labels withou text is fine, you can return in the cockpit. As soon as you add description on a label you are stuck in f10 map. Definitely not an F14B bug.

[sIGPIC]OK[/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Known, repair in progress.

Thanks.

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы