The Panavia Tornado

Rhino182

I see the only 3rd party developer closest to achieving to getting this aircraft for us in DCS is VEAO. AFAIK, no other 3rd party developers have contracts with BAE, unlike VEAO.

Well, Polychop has contracts with Airbus, which just like BAE is holding 42.5% of Panavia Aircraft GmbH, the manufacturer of the Tornado. But I wouldn't weight too much on either, instead I have high hopes that Heatblur is already working on a Tornado. Besides that, RAZBAM has also shown interest in making the Tornado and even posted an early screenshot of their work on it.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Pretty sure a new Tornado just got added to the collection at Duxford...nice easy access to a GR.4! I'd still like to see an F.3, just avoid getting in too close with anything! Any GR model needs to be a able to designate targets though. I can only hope this is made in the next few years.

• Windows 10 Home - 64 Bit
  • Intel Core i7-9770K
  • 32GB DDR4 RAM
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti
  • Oculus Rift S

• 4 weeks later...
I really hope neither VEAO or RAZBAM pursuit it. The only trustworthy 3rd party realism-wise today is HB, tornado deserves a proper implementation in DCS and not a rushed, cash motivated one like the harrier.

Regards!

Try not to insult the developers please.

Yes Tornado needs to be thing but, so far most have their hands full...

Doesn't this thread belong to the Heatblur subforums? dealwithit.png

+∞ brohoof.png

Posted it here not heatblur :)

DCS Modules: UH1H | F/A18C | FC3 | Hawk | L-39 | AV8B | Viggen | Combined Arms | F-14 | F-16 | Yak-52

DCS Wishlist

Tornado GR4

Sepecat Jaguar

Avro Vulcan

A1H Apache

• 5 months later...
I really hope neither VEAO or RAZBAM pursuit it. The only trustworthy 3rd party realism-wise today is HB, tornado deserves a proper implementation in DCS and not a rushed, cash motivated one like the harrier.

Regards!

:thumbup:

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

Regards!

Yup...

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Doesn't this thread belong to the Heatblur subforums? dealwithit.png

+∞ brohoof.png

Give that man a cigar...

giphy.gif

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

the herrier is not well done?

No, it's faaaaar away from being well done yet.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

the herrier is not well done?

It depends on what you mean by "well done"

9R6q.gif

Tornado GR4 is out of service with the UK now, this is the one i want to see although I dont think we will get it but the GR1 with TIALD, JP233, terrain following radar and other goodies would be awesome and I would imagine TIALD is out of service now?

Yeah, it may be out of service, but whether or not actual documentation on it is available is a totally different question. And are any of the avionics systems still in service on other platforms etc.

I'd love for heatblur to do the Tornado (swing wing, multi seat, built in the 70's, sounds really familiar) but I worry about the documentation not being there.

• Like 1

Yeah, it may be out of service, but whether or not actual documentation on it is available is a totally different question. And are any of the avionics systems still in service on other platforms etc.

I'd love for heatblur to do the Tornado (swing wing, multi seat, built in the 70's, sounds really familiar) but I worry about the documentation not being there.

I dont know, GR1 is pretty old now, GR4 had all the new weapons that were integrated onto Typhoon so I am pretty sure the documentation is not available.

GR1 was really just dumb bombs and Alarm for anti radiation and JP233 for runway denial, both of which are long out of service.

GR1 was really just dumb bombs and Alarm for anti radiation and JP233 for runway denial, both of which are long out of service.

Well, the beauty of the Tornado is not its weapons, but its systems. The Tornado is an interdiction aircraft that doesn't need fancy weapons for its job. You can't employ PGMs anyway when you're low and fast which is how a Tornado was designed to be. Dumb free fall and especially retarded bombs are pretty much the only choice then.

What makes the Tornado so special are its systems that were very complex and advanced for its time and should be a lot of fun to use for the WSO/Navigator, while the pilot is busy trying to not hit the ground as transsonic speeds.

I would love to get a Cold War Tornado IDS (GR.1)! While a modern Tornado (GR.4/ASSTA3) would be great as well, it's probably not possible to make it happen.

• Like 1

Tornado3 small.jpg

Looking at the Xilon x documentary, the tornado FC3 seems most advanced but I do not really like its shape, I prefer GR4.

It definitely isn't.

Tornado IDS (ASSTA3):

csm_tornado_cockpit_adddbf2ca4.jpg

Tornado3 small.jpg

Nice pic QuiGon.

I have LOTS of hands on with both the Tornado GR1 (TTTE) and the Tornado F3 (25(F) Sqn) and I know the propulsion systems on both better than I know my car!. I would love to see this iconic aircraft in DCS.

I bid a fond farewell to the old girl just a few days ago when the Tornado "FINale" flight flew over an airfield near to where I live. I booked the day off work to go see her in her element just one last time. I was surprised to feel the way I did, with a rather large lump in my throat and even a tear in the eye. To see something, that I saw everyday for the best part of 15 years, in flight for the last time was very emotional. Here's hoping to see her again in DCS in the future.

Fair winds Tonka, I will miss you......

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

I'd love one of the Strike versions of Tornado. I am more inclined towards the oldschool 80s era versions of it. But modern ones can be cool too.

For the interceptor variant? Not really interested, not really the role Tornado excelled in.

• Like 1

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script