F-14 Release Date Discussion Thread

zhujiammy

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hardly perfection... Give me a Sig.

Sig's quality control has gone to crap. I would have to give that nod to Heckler & Koch these days.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

Hardly perfection... Give me a Sig.

Dude... I am a swiss guy.. and a barrel so high on your hand just sucks. Nope nope :smartass:

If you mean business, lose that german sissy pistol and get yourself a glock :D

(my P210s are out of the question though...)

Edited by FZG_Immel

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

I love Sigs.. I think they shoot beautiful and I'm always on target. I also like the price/quality ratio on them. I own a glock because of their reliability and its a good end of the world gun, but I don't bother taking it to the range or carrying it. I'm not as accurate with them and find them uncomfortable. Carry what you hit the ten ring with. H&K's are good but I feel like your getting diminishing returns on price versus quality there. I'm sure they make carry guns but I've never bothered to look, but every HK I've shot or handled has been a monster of a combat pistol. No concealing that.

Sig's quality control has gone to crap. I would have to give that nod to Heckler & Koch these days.

because we suck and they hate us ? :D

I admit. I am a tad biased. Meet my 17s.. Ill show you the other family members later :p

CCF36993-8CCD-45EE-AC82-6CEA881C8395_zps7esy6jfs.jpg

ok.. since we are so far off topic, here is a cool 14's video

${1}

Edited by FZG_Immel

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

I got rid of the Glock 19 Tupperware and got a P229 instead. A lot happier with that.

But as I´m ummhh rather oldskool lol nothing beats my 1911 :thumbup:

Went through USP and USP Expert and HK45, but as good as they technically are, I never got warm with plastic guns...

I got rid of the Glock 19 Tupperware and got a P229 instead. A lot happier with that.

But as I´m ummhh rather oldskool lol nothing beats my 1911 :thumbup:

Went through USP and USP Expert and HK45, but as good as they technically are, I never got warm with plastic guns...

1911's are a thing of beauty. But I don't like carrying with one in the chamber with that hammer, and they're bulky, and only7+1. It's my favorite pistol to take to the range though.

1911's are a thing of beauty. But I don't like carrying with one in the chamber with that hammer, and they're bulky, and only7+1. It's my favorite pistol to take to the range though.

I´ve always felt a lot "safer" carrying the 1911 in condition one then the Glock or now the P229, because to go boom there´s the safety, the grip safety and the trigger, all three require movement in different directions. But everyone´s mileage varies, and that´s a good thing.

When I got a 1911 in my hands for the first time i knew that I had "arrived" pistol-wise

30946411us.jpg

edit: But as I live in a mmmmhhh, only relatively free country I can only carry as "you never know what happens" while hunting. Everyday carry might be something else, weight- and magsize-wise

Think the moderators will let us get away with this off topic since we're not screaming for a release date on the F-14 though? lol

Lol, well, let´s talk about what we would like to carry as a backup if we were naval aviators :D

Edited by WolfK33

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SIG_Sauer_P227

bang on...so to speak...the preferred weapon of my prone-to-violence-cop-wife™ :thumbup:

I used to have a P226 SL (steel frame) that I shot in IPSC production, but I sold it a few years ago. For some reason I never really liked it. I actually prefer the G19 gen4 for that use.

My current SIG lineup; a German P210 Super Target and a US 1911 Traditional Match 9mm.attachment.php?attachmentid=205149&stc=1&d=1551206740

image045.jpg

Ahhh, nice to get back on topic!

Great pic. LGB's under the fuselage on those cats.

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

I´ve always felt a lot "safer" carrying the 1911 in condition one then the Glock or now the P229, because to go boom there´s the safety, the grip safety and the trigger, all three require movement in different directions. But everyone´s mileage varies, and that´s a good thing.

When I got a 1911 in my hands for the first time i knew that I had "arrived" pistol-wise

30946411us.jpg

edit: But as I live in a mmmmhhh, only relatively free country I can only carry as "you never know what happens" while hunting. Everyday carry might be something else, weight- and magsize-wise

Lol, well, let´s talk about what we would like to carry as a backup if we were naval aviators :D

what did they carry btw ? the later F-14 crews ? 226s ?

image045.jpg

this paintscheme is the best ever. That how I did repaint my RC model !

F14big2_zpsvwlbdzlb.png

D42C07F1-75C2-4666-A85D-2090B138F64A_zpsfvn7okin.jpg

low vis and worn out with the upper part of the fuselage up to the radome in a darker tone. BEAUTY !

Edited by FZG_Immel

Those two F-14s are Bs with VF-11 some time in 2004. Looks like GBU-12s or GBU-16s. I don't think the GBU-24 couldn't be carried on the Tomcat side-by-side like that.

They are GBU-12s

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog