April in the land of VEAO - Wall of text inc! - Page 9 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 04-23-2018, 09:41 AM   #81
Pman
3rd Party Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zafgev View Post
PMAN - I don't think making condescending statements like those above helps you or your team in the slightest. What I read here personally is - "hey, stop bitching, pull your head in, wait around until we decide we get off our asses and COMMIT to anything ... which we wont, and when it's ready, which may be never, ..... ".

Any reasonably organised development team, no matter how small, should at least have some notion of a public schedule they work towards especially considering that by charging for a product, which I have bought and many others, there is a level of obligation towards their expectations.

Again I say, as before, I am and have been a very vocal supporter of the HAWK. I fly it on most multiplayer servers and I do defend the mostly negative comments I get whilst doing so. However you are not really helping your own cause by statements like the above to those who have paid for it or those considering buying it.

So my ask is - can you at least communicate a timeline you are working towards having Hawk 2.0 and what exactly Hawk 2.0 will offer in terms of systems, multi-crew etc?
We do have internal timelines and guidelines for features, but I won't share those publicly yet. We have been bitten in the past with giving timelines to the public and if they are missed everyone gets hopes up only to be let down, as a result until its finished I won't give updates on that I am afraid.

Most of Hawk 2.0 will not be adding features, it will be re-writing and restructuring code which will fix a few fundamental bugs in the original ASM code which will clear up some long standing issues.

Pman
Old 04-24-2018, 07:25 AM   #82
MikeMikeJuliet

Quote:
Originally Posted by zafgev View Post
PMAN - I don't think making condescending statements like those above helps you or your team in the slightest. What I read here personally is - "hey, stop bitching, pull your head in, wait around until we decide we get off our asses and COMMIT to anything ... which we wont, and when it's ready, which may be never, ..... ".

Any reasonably organised development team, no matter how small, should at least have some notion of a public schedule they work towards especially considering that by charging for a product, which I have bought and many others, there is a level of obligation towards their expectations.

Again I say, as before, I am and have been a very vocal supporter of the HAWK. I fly it on most multiplayer servers and I do defend the mostly negative comments I get whilst doing so. However you are not really helping your own cause by statements like the above to those who have paid for it or those considering buying it.

So my ask is - can you at least communicate a timeline you are working towards having Hawk 2.0 and what exactly Hawk 2.0 will offer in terms of systems, multi-crew etc?
You did notice the emoji in the end of the first paragraph? I do believe you are getting riled up for no reason. I do not see anything offensive or condecending in PMan's post.

Text is a damn difficult way to communicqt, because meanings linked into the text by verbal and non-verbal means that are just no there in a forum post. You project your own feelings on the post and see it in such a light, not in the light that the message was meant to be understood. Comparing to PMan's previous language I have no reason to believe that his message here was in any way meant to offend anyone.

Unfortunately I feel nowadays people just get offended by anything.

Regards,
MikeMikeJuliet
MikeMikeJuliet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 04:38 PM   #83
56RAF_Talisman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMikeJuliet View Post
You did notice the emoji in the end of the first paragraph? I do believe you are getting riled up for no reason. I do not see anything offensive or condecending in PMan's post.

Text is a damn difficult way to communicqt, because meanings linked into the text by verbal and non-verbal means that are just no there in a forum post. You project your own feelings on the post and see it in such a light, not in the light that the message was meant to be understood. Comparing to PMan's previous language I have no reason to believe that his message here was in any way meant to offend anyone.

Unfortunately I feel nowadays people just get offended by anything.

Regards,
MikeMikeJuliet
Very much agree with this. Very surprised to see some of the bad reactions to reasonable posts on the forum. Nature of things these days I suppose, but sad all the same.

Happy landings all,

56RAF_Talisman

Spitfire! 'That's no aircraft, that's a bleedin' angel'
56RAF_Talisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 07:19 PM   #84
kontiuka
ED Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMikeJuliet View Post
Text is a damn difficult way to communicqt
Ironic that you misspelled communicate.
kontiuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 11:14 PM   #85
SVTONY

Quote:
Originally Posted by 56RAF_Talisman View Post
Very much agree with this. Very surprised to see some of the bad reactions to reasonable posts on the forum. Nature of things these days I suppose, but sad all the same.

Happy landings all,

56RAF_Talisman
I think it was due to him saying "I am not going to get into the "when" game with this".

If this was an unreleased product it would be completely reasonable to say, but I don't think so in this case. I parted with my money for the Hawk a long time ago and didn't get what DCS is known for exactly out of it, so it's not a "game" for me.

Just saying it's done when it's done would have been reasonable enough.
SVTONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 08:12 AM   #86
MikeMikeJuliet

Quote:
Originally Posted by kontiuka View Post
True. Then again I am on mobile... I hate touchscreen keyboards
Old 04-25-2018, 08:26 AM   #87
MikeMikeJuliet

Quote:
Originally Posted by kontiuka View Post
... or did I do it on purpose..? Hmm
Old 04-25-2018, 01:39 PM   #88
Robert31178

Pman,m sorry for the late response. Here's what I mean by Med P-40's:

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

There are a number of well known P-40 units that flew the F model. I know it was supposed to be a British plane, and even though they were built for the Brits most of them ended up being employed by US pilots in the Med campaign. I read that the Brits received a few hundred of the few thousand that were built for them.
Robert31178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 02:09 PM   #89
Pman
3rd Party Developer

Hiya,

Lee's Hope is actually our default skin as it is the aircraft that our P-40F is based on, I will ask Rock to pop by about other ones

Pman
Old 04-25-2018, 02:37 PM   #90
comie1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pman View Post
Most of Hawk 2.0 will not be adding features, it will be re-writing and restructuring code which will fix a few fundamental bugs in the original ASM code which will clear up some long standing issues.
Pman
Sorry Pman but could you please answer the question of multi crew functionality?
Will HAWK 2.0 include fixing the existing code for multi crew? or are you removing it?
Thanks
comie1 is offline   Reply With Quote