April in the land of VEAO - Wall of text inc! - Page 10 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 04-25-2018, 02:54 PM   #91
Robert31178

Thanks Pman!! I have another question, again sorry as I am just joining, but when this is released will it go up as being purchased again? I missed the train the first time around.
Robert31178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 02:58 PM   #92
Pman
3rd Party Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert31178 View Post
Thanks Pman!! I have another question, again sorry as I am just joining, but when this is released will it go up as being purchased again? I missed the train the first time around.
Yeah absolutely it will go through the normal process

Rock has said to me he will respond this evening about more skins

Pman
Old 04-25-2018, 03:49 PM   #93
Coxy_99

Quote:
Originally Posted by comie1 View Post
Sorry Pman but could you please answer the question of multi crew functionality?
Will HAWK 2.0 include fixing the existing code for multi crew? or are you removing it?
Thanks
Im guessing it will be multi crew it was before so i expect hawk to be multi crew again its just re working the code i guess.
www: https://100kiap.hopto.org

[100☭] Coxy_99 #99

Follow me on twitch and youtube also: https://www.twitch.tv/coxy_99/profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLi...qEF8-UGWhwXD5A
Coxy_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 04:59 PM   #94
comie1

Nice Pman... can I get a paddle for my dingy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxy_99 View Post
Im guessing it will be multi crew it was before so i expect hawk to be multi crew again its just re working the code i guess.
Just had a look back for what made me unsure before...Found this..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pman View Post
Hawk's base code is not compatible with multicrew and it would require probably an 80% re-write to implement multi crew for Hawk, it simply wasn't designed that way.

The amount of work required to put this into Hawk means that it is not a viable addition for Hawk so currently there are no plans to bring multicrew to Hawk.
Pman
So no there wont be multicrew which is really infuriating.
comie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 05:49 PM   #95
zhukov032186

The Hawk was made before multicrew was even a thing, as I understand it. The reason it always felt cobbled together and didn't work is because it WAS cobbled together and didn't work. It was in essence a feasability test. It's not feasible. I'd much rather they prioritised getting the aircraft working properly.

As it is, the trainers themselves provide a 'simpler' introduction to an advanced systems model, giving them some value to a person who perhaps completely new to the idea. The backseater was always rather superfluous anyway. They had to buy the module and some form of flight control already, it's more effective to just fly their own plane. If they crash from inexperience they just respawn and try again from the top. (I've done the two man trainer bit a couple times, it's largely pointless)
zhukov032186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 06:22 PM   #96
Zimmerdylan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhukov032186 View Post
The Hawk was made before multicrew was even a thing, as I understand it. The reason it always felt cobbled together and didn't work is because it WAS cobbled together and didn't work. It was in essence a feasability test. It's not feasible. I'd much rather they prioritised getting the aircraft working properly.

As it is, the trainers themselves provide a 'simpler' introduction to an advanced systems model, giving them some value to a person who perhaps completely new to the idea. The backseater was always rather superfluous anyway. They had to buy the module and some form of flight control already, it's more effective to just fly their own plane. If they crash from inexperience they just respawn and try again from the top. (I've done the two man trainer bit a couple times, it's largely pointless)

I agree with this.......
Zimmerdylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 06:30 PM   #97
comie1

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhukov032186 View Post

I'm going to use VEAO's own video to argue against this..
https://youtu.be/H3M2o_qzM8A?t=11m38s
This sold me on the HAWK and showed their intent to work on multicrew. I feel very let down.
Old 04-25-2018, 07:07 PM   #98
Pman
3rd Party Developer

Currently no plans for multicrew in 2.0

It was never an intended feature of Hawk and was something done by a couple of members of the team as a side project. I can not see multicrew making a re-appearance at this stage.

Pman
Old 04-25-2018, 07:14 PM   #99
comie1

Quote:

It was never an intended feature of Hawk and was something done by a couple of members of the team as a side project. I can not see multicrew making a re-appearance at this stage.

Pman
Thanks for the answer, I wont ask for a refund as I know where I'll be told to stick it. But the HAWK is now dead to me

p.s. might want to take that video down..don't want anyone else getting mislead
Old 04-25-2018, 07:24 PM   #100
MikeMikeJuliet

Quote:

Pman
Thanks for clarifying. I dearly hope it has not been ruled out completely. The point of the whole aircraft is, as a trainer, training. At this point even a rudimentary "dummy cockpit" rear-seat ride capability would be very beneficial. What I am wondering is: if the systems will see a complete recode, why not make it multicrew-compatible from the get-go?

You do you, but I believe a lot of people lose interest in the module if one can't use it for it's primary purpose - regardless of how the aircraft was envisioned to work in DCS at it's inception.

Regards,
MikeMikeJuliet