2.5 settings and Nvidia Control Panel

if you have a GTX1080 or higher.

I respectfully disagree. This is an ancient i7-2600K / GTX980 / 16GB RAM / Win7 rig and it runs DCS very smooth now that I've found the proper settings for it (see the link above). Granted, I do see an occasional glitch here and there, in particular if I'm in the F3 flyby view and the AC in question flies over a large forest, but apart from that it really does run very well now.

No DS, though. It absolutely kills the performance and IMO looks kind of weird too.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

I respectfully disagree. This is an ancient i7-2600K / GTX980 / 16GB RAM / Win7 rig and it runs DCS very smooth now that I've found the proper settings for it (see the link above). Granted, I do see an occasional glitch here and there, in particular if I'm in the F3 flyby view and the AC in question flies over a large forest, but apart from that it really does run very well now.

No DS, though. It absolutely kills the performance and IMO looks kind of weird too.

That explains why you're getting such good performance. I can't fly with DS off because the trees look absolutely awful without it.

the trees look absolutely awful without it.

They unfortunately do. But running such an old rig, this is a tradeoff situation anyway - and I just can't live without AA, because I absolutely loathe those jaggies and creepy-crawlies. But you win some, you lose some ;)

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Hey Guys. I read on another thread that if dcs deferred shading is on (i.e. good trees), then the nvidia settings like fxaa have zero effect. That would explain some of the comments in this thread. I have not confirmed personnally though!

Custom Pit 476 Recruiting

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20220716.png

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20221002.png

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3390738&postcount=64 As posted on page 2.

Well I am done tweaking "for now", its time to fly. The above settings look good enough as VR gets for me and with most settings towards the high end or high except flat shadows it will do.

I flew with msaa on and 2x and see no difference. DS on. Yes I see some strange shadows and trees but doing 450k at 200ft with no stutters and smooth I will deal with it. ED can tweek it. Time to make some noise and scare the locals.

i7,6700k Asus Z170 Delux @4.5, 16 gig W10 MSI 1080TI oced.

Hey Guys. I read on another thread that if dcs deferred shading is on (i.e. good trees), then the nvidia settings like fxaa have zero effect. That would explain some of the comments in this thread. I have not confirmed personnally though!

I haven't tried FXAA but it seemed MXAA was making it look a little better but with a performance hit.

I had given up on Nvid Cont Panel AA but after seeing it advised and giving it another try with the enhance app setting (2X) it looks better than with MXAA and seems to be giving me the best performance along with in game MSAA 2X and 4X AF.

• 3 weeks later...

Well...I've been trying different things out for a couple of days now, after installing Nvidia Inspector and searching the internet for tips.

The problem I have is that my version of Nvidia Inspector (which appears to be current) refuses to show the "Apply Changes" button as is seen on the screen shots of other people's Nvidia Inspector. I can't save any of the changes I make to it that msalama has posted here.

Anyone know why that is?

DCS 2.5 is only giving me around 19-20 FPS while flying high and doing nothing. I could get 5 or 6 more if I shut something else off but I already have enough shut off.

If I have to fly with очень crappy scenery I might not fly at all.....If ya know what I mean.

• 3 weeks later...

Nvidia CP and DCS 2.5

From what I've seen, Nivida control panel antialiasing settings do nothing in DCS World 2.5. Zero difference no matter what outlandish settings I choose. Doesn't matter if I have NCP "antialiasing-mode" set to "override application setting" or "enhance application setting".

I've heard FXAA works a little bit in NCP....but it does nothing for me as far as jaggies which is my biggest problem with DCS 2.5.

For reference, I'm running an overclocked EVGA GTX 980ti SC on an ultrawide 2K monitor with vsync on and a i7 5960X processor overclocked to 4.5ghz.

Unless they (ED) create some kind of in-game MSAA option that somehow keeps the MSAA from being applied to the trees (which don't alias as far as I can tell) or HIGHLY optimize the game, I can't use MSAA 2x. Well....I can...but only with aircraft that don't have MFD's like the F-15. As soon as I try to fly the A-10c my framerates nosedive when I have the TGP and Maverick on both MFD's.

I've found turning down the tree radius helps ALOT....but I just don't want to compromise with the trees. Once you get used to them at a high setting it's hard to go back down.

Probably take another 2x generations of GPU's before I get the power I want/need for uncompromising performance in DCS 2.5 @ 2K ultrawide as of right now. I would try to buy a GTX 1080ti...but I'm not so far in need that I feel the need to get completely ripped off in the current GPU market and I'm not even sure a 1080ti would give me the performance I want at 2K ultrawide anyway. These GPU power issues are also why I've held off on buying an Oculus Rift....tho it's been painful (i want it!). For now, I've basically resorted do playing DCS 2.5 at 1080p Ultrawide on my 2K monitor. I've found I can run 4x MSAA, Max trees, Ultra distance, high cockpit display rez, etc. The only things I still have turned down (by choice) are the Flat shadows on both the ground and cockpit and the "depth of field" (does nothing beyond use extraordinary processing power). I've found, for now, gaming at 1080p on my 2K isn't bad. Everything isn't as sharp obviously, but no jaggies and good frame rates. The picture still looks very good.

Edited by dadunn1700

I tried Nvidia Inspector and I got the same problem as most of the users, no matter what settings I'm using it doesn't add any sort of Anti-Aliasing. Enchance/Override/On doesn't make any difference.

The only solution I came up with which wasn't too taxing for my system (i7 3770, 8GB DDR3, 980ti, 1080p) was to setup MSAA 2x in-game and then add FXAA & MFAA from Nvidia Control Panel. (FXAA makes the text a little bit blurrier but still helps regardless & MFAA really helps removing "shimmering" without taxing my system as much as using MSAA 4x)

I actually discovered about MFAA on this forum. In conjunction with MSAA 2x it's definitely going to be my Go-to option for various games now as it give me a really close Image Quality as 4xMSAA without the performance cost.

FYI Here's my in-game settings which gives me a locked 60FPS online with the above system & TrackIR.

PN0U7nB.jpg

PN0U7nB

Edited by Boydosaurus

From what I've seen, Nivida control panel antialiasing settings do nothing in DCS World 2.5. Zero difference no matter what outlandish settings I choose. Doesn't matter if I have NCP "antialiasing-mode" set to "override application setting" or "enhance application setting".

I've heard FXAA works a little bit in NCP....but it does nothing for me as far as jaggies which is my biggest problem with DCS 2.5.

For reference, I'm running an overclocked EVGA GTX 980ti SC on an ultrawide 2K monitor with vsync on and a i7 5960X processor overclocked to 4.5ghz.

Unless they (ED) create some kind of in-game MSAA option that somehow keeps the MSAA from being applied to the trees (which don't alias as far as I can tell) or HIGHLY optimize the game, I can't use MSAA 2x. Well....I can...but only with aircraft that don't have MFD's like the F-15. As soon as I try to fly the A-10c my framerates nosedive when I have the TGP and Maverick on both MFD's.

I've found turning down the tree radius helps ALOT....but I just don't want to compromise with the trees. Once you get used to them at a high setting it's hard to go back down.

Probably take another 2x generations of GPU's before I get the power I want/need for uncompromising performance in DCS 2.5 @ 2K ultrawide as of right now. I would try to buy a GTX 1080ti...but I'm not so far in need that I feel the need to get completely ripped off in the current GPU market and I'm not even sure a 1080ti would give me the performance I want at 2K ultrawide anyway. These GPU power issues are also why I've held off on buying an Oculus Rift....tho it's been painful (i want it!). For now, I've basically resorted do playing DCS 2.5 at 1080p Ultrawide on my 2K monitor. I've found I can run 4x MSAA, Max trees, Ultra distance, high cockpit display rez, etc. The only things I still have turned down (by choice) are the Flat shadows on both the ground and cockpit and the "depth of field" (does nothing beyond use extraordinary processing power). I've found, for now, gaming at 1080p on my 2K isn't bad. Everything isn't as sharp obviously, but no jaggies and good frame rates. The picture still looks very good.

I play this game on the Rift. How important is the eye candy to you? There is a HUGE trade off. I personally love the rift and I could never play this game any other way, even TrackIR seems too limiting. I could pull my neck muscles with how much head swiviling I do in VR, turning around and literally looking directly behind you.

The trade off is graphics for immersion. I imagine the most frustration would be having a hard time seeing enemy aircraft. After a while you spot them easily. Identifying them is another story.

VR Clarity issues make you lean in real close to even be able to read the numbers on your gauges. You can glance at them just like you would in a car and know what you need to know by where needles are etc. The HUD is even hard to see things in. Like on F15, the bottom right corner that shows how many seconds until you reach target and under that how many seconds until a missle would reach target. It's very hard to read that, you have to lean in close. If you look for the info on the radar screen and you have an A120 armed, that round circle that comes up when you can shoot partially obscures that same information that you can hardly read on the HUD. So there are some frustrating issues. But the immersion.... I would never give that up, it doesn't even feel like the same game on a monitor.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

when in doubt I always use NVidia Inspector and their NVidia's own

SuperVCAA 64X 4v12 (there's also 8x8 )

Which is a great compromise between tearing and eye candy and I use now even with my Rift VR.

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

• 4 months later...

Petslid - are you using nVidia Control Panel (NCP) or nVidia PROFILE INSPECTOR (NPI)??

These are two completely different things, NCP is by nVidia themselves but NPI was by some random bloke years ago and he no longer updates it.

NCP is installed by nVidia drivers/updates but NPI you have to get from somewhere on the internet, personally I use this one updated by "DeadmanWalking" which you can get from my OneDrive here:

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=4952C4D1E8C91D9D%21669&cid=4952C4D1E8C91D9D

When you run it you need to apply the settings as in my pic here:

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=4952C4D1E8C91D9D&id=4952C4D1E8C91D9D%21671&parId=4952C4D1E8C91D9D%21639&o=OneUp

BUT I have not seen ANY differences in AA no matter what I use in NCP / NPI unless MSAA is 2x or 4x in DCS Settings which halves my FPS making it pointless using ANY settings in NCP or NPI.

Good Luck!

Edited by Golf-Uniform-Yankee

BUT I have not seen ANY differences in AA no matter what I use in NCP / NPI unless MSAA is 2x or 4x in DCS Settings which halves my FPS making it pointless using ANY settings in NCP or NPI.

I think DCS prevents MSAA override settings, I do run the SuperVCAA 64X 8v8 though, I think it helps against stutters and shadowing. Mind you my card GTX 1080 does not like the lowest settings of anything, it has better performance with higher settings
Edited by majapahit

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |