2021 (and earlier) DCS Newsletter Discussion Thread

NineLine

You know, let some thing be a surprise ... I can't believe some people are so impatient when it's been told it's just around the corner

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

I noticed in the last 2.5.6 screenshots, a significant improvement in quality reflections on sea (ships and hills reflected in 2.5.5 are more blocky). Please ED could you confirm any sort of improvement in this matter?

In addition, I like a lot the visble stars during night, nowadays in 2.5.5 the stars are nonexistant.

Oooh... Good point !! I didn't noticed that at first sight, but in the first P47 pic, reflexions in the water does seem indeed much improved !

"An optimist is a guy who plants two seeds and runs to buy a hammock"

Ryzen 7 7800X3D | Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming WiFi | MSI RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio | 32Go Corsair Vengeance 32Go DDR5 6000Mt/s CL30 | MasterLiquid ML360R | Corsair NVMe M.2 1To x2 | Seagate 2To SATA III | TM Warthog stick base w/ F/A-18C grip + WW Orion 2 throttle w/ F/A-18C grips | FSSB R3 L w/ TM F-16C grip + TM Viper TQS | MFG Crosswind V3 w/ damper kit | Meta Quest 3 128Go | Dell S2722DGM

Mirage 2000C | F/A-18C | F-16C | Su-33 | Mig 29 | Supercarrier | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandie 2.0 | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai

Is the email newsletter still being sent out ? I haven't received one for ages - it's not appearing in my spam folder or anything like that

---------------------------------------------------------

PC specs:- Intel 386DX, 2mb memory, onboard graphics, 14" 640x480 monitor

Modules owned:- Bachem Natter, Cessna 150, Project Pluto, Sopwith Snipe

Is the email newsletter still being sent out ? I haven't received one for ages - it's not appearing in my spam folder or anything like that
Yes, every Friday of the week.

You may have to reconfirm your email or write ED support to get regular post of the weekly newsletter.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Oops. Fixed

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3803475&postcount=131

First post on page 14 in the Hornet Mini-Updates.

Thanks.

That sounds interesting, would be nice to see that come to fruition..that, and would be nice to see 3d ns430 integrated to a few more aircraft, such as yak52 and uh1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

Speaking of aircraft customization, it would be nice to be able to set a default livery to your aircraft, instead of having the ground crew "repaint" your plane at the start of a flight

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

Speaking of aircraft customization, it would be nice to be able to set a default livery to your aircraft, instead of having the ground crew "repaint" your plane at the start of a flight

before you launch the mission you can open it in mission editor and change your livery.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

before you launch the mission you can open it in mission editor and change your livery.

yea, but when i read wags' statement

" This includes such items as lights, bingo fuel, various cockpit switches, altimeter, etc. In this way, you can have your aircraft setup just that way YOU want it. "

i see no reason why user-selected default liveries shouldn't be a part of that, if the intention is to have your aircraft pre-configured to your liking so you dont need to mess with all that every time you fly

System:

yea, but when i read wags' statement

" This includes such items as lights, bingo fuel, various cockpit switches, altimeter, etc. In this way, you can have your aircraft setup just that way YOU want it. "

i see no reason why user-selected default liveries shouldn't be a part of that, if the intention is to have your aircraft pre-configured to your liking so you dont need to mess with all that every time you fly

You can simply delete all the other liveries in the aircraft folder, then you fly with the one you want every time. I did that, works a treat. For the record, I simply moved them to another location so I can put them back if desired. Now I have two to choose from each time - Gray Wasp and Red Bull. Default is Gray Wasp.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Oops. Fixed

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3803475&postcount=131

First post on page 14 in the Hornet Mini-Updates.

Thanks.

Cool feature...That was almost a year ago. Wonder how far along it is now?

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Hope for forwarding news today. :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

P-47 and Channel Map news today it seems. Maybe even pre-purchase (as a bundle?).

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg