Deadman's cockpit base plans - Page 5 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-25-2016, 07:36 AM   #41
Hansolo

Gentlemen please calm down and please refrain from using facepalm smileys. IMHO they don't really contribute anything :-) Lets keep the thread civilized.

ClayM thanks for your opinion. You have a very nice pit and I always enjoy reading your progress on it. The size of the pit has previously been raised as a problem for some and the truth is that this setup just isn't for everyone. Luckily there are other options for a pit. Y2KIAS plans are for a swing out type full pit but sizewise the same as DM's.

Dimebug's plans on the other hand offer a more essential pit layout with just the MIP and side console which offers the builder the option to take it part relatively easy. It sound like you have done it like this which is also how Tacno has done his setup. There is a nice YT where he puts his together in 10 minutes,

]

And as you mentioned there will always be some kind of compromise when building a pit.

Deadman, I understand your frustration. There was a lot of interest in the plans way back. Perhaps looking in hindsight the interest were more related to the side console than the pit itself. Or perhaps the layout wasn't fully explained in details.

I for one still appriciate that you have made the plans available DM and allowed me to distribute to the community. Now every builder has a broader variety of option to choose from. Let us not forget that in the end it is the builders personal preference, capability, space, availability and needs that defines his/her pit. Some goes full monty others make a single panel with a few buttons and so on. They are pits in my book and I enjoy reading about all of them :-)

Enjoy your summer

All the best
Hans

Last edited by Hansolo; 04-22-2017 at 12:48 PM.
Hansolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 12:37 PM   #42
Diode663

I shouldn't have said plans. I am very interested in the consoles and will purchase them when available. Perhaps the most important part for me is the light panels and backing plates. With those I would be able to get started on the electronics side of things which for me would be the most time consuming part of the process but the part I most look forward to. Maybe I am taking a backwards approach but I would rather start with the panels and then be able to drop them into a pit later. But as always I truely appreciate the work you have put into this.
Diode663 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 05:41 AM   #43
Deadman
Veteran

WOW this year went by quick
Old 02-12-2017, 12:10 AM   #44
Mr_Burns

Apparently they go quicker and quicker each year, something to do with the more years you live, the shorter 365 days are relative to your life.
Mr_Burns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 02:08 AM   #45
Deadman
Veteran

Well may be when you are 80 but it does not help to work 60 hour weeks either
Burns you have made it very clear that your not a fan. not sure why you would waist any precious time you have left reading any of my posts.

Last edited by Deadman; 02-12-2017 at 02:10 AM.
Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 02:19 AM   #46
Mr_Burns

Life is too short and I enjoy this forum, I certainly do not dislike anyone and I certainly respect those that post on here and help out and sometime I get grouchy at the mean pixels.
Old 02-12-2017, 06:58 AM   #47
Deadman
Veteran

Hum nice to see you respect Hans for his effort. I wonder if that all so applies to the guy that drew the plans
Old 02-12-2017, 07:25 AM   #48
Mr_Burns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadman View Post
Hum nice to see you respect Hans for his effort. I wonder if that all so applies to the guy that drew the plans
You dont need confirmed respect from me, I am not even at the same level as you and most of the guys on here, I would call myself a parasite based on the knowledge you have and many others.

I might have felt you ate parasites....sorry about that.

Tags
a-10c warthog, cockpit building, plans