Panel Knob Sizes???? - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-13-2014, 03:56 PM   #21
agrasyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hempstead View Post
Lowest resolution output of my SLA printer.

Left, the real one, brand new. Middle, lightly sanded, and glass bead blasted. Right, right out of the printer, alcohol washed. Didn't even bother to go higher resolution. After UV cure, it's hard as nail.

SLA printers are still expensive, ~USD $3,000, and the process is still not ideal. But, they are slowly becoming viable.
They already viable for the appropriate tasks. Mechanical properties of cured materials are also acceptable to a degree. middle part in your pic looks good to make a mold of in case you need more then 1 item.

What really got me was a certain YT video where a genious is raving on how the future is here showing off his awesome printed product - disgusting looking and deformed underdesk wire organization bracket. For fraction of cost couple wire hangers could have done the job. With just little bit more effort one could fab way better looking bracket from aluminum flat bar stock you find in any home depot (or other home improvement store ).
Point - just because it can be printed does not mean this is the best way to go.

My pit build thread .
Simple and cheap UFC project
agrasyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 07:36 PM   #22
Warhog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hempstead View Post
Lowest resolution output of my SLA printer.

Left, the real one, brand new. Middle, lightly sanded, and glass bead blasted. Right, right out of the printer, alcohol washed. Didn't even bother to go higher resolution. After UV cure, it's hard as nail.

SLA printers are still expensive, ~USD $3,000, and the process is still not ideal. But, they are slowly becoming viable.
Since we are comparing knobs I thought I would throw mine in for examination. Notice the smooth silky features. Well defined yet not overpowering. A thing of beauty. Not everyone has a knob like this knob because its mine and only mine.

Calm down everyone. Lets not get hot and sweaty over my knob.

So this is an example of what my mill and lathe can do (when I have dimensions). All I need to do now is drill and tap the set screw and airbrush a few coats of acrylic "Aircraft Interior Black" OR I could use it as a master and cast a few more without going to the trouble of making another one on the mill.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0269.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	107728  

Latest Cockpit Build Pictures for your Viewing Pleasure
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jfwall/

Preferred Airframes: A10C Warthog, UH-1 Huey

WIN 10 Pro, i8-8700k @ 5.0ghz, ASUS Maximus x Code, 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Ram,
Thermaltake AIO Water Cooler, Samsung Pro 960 M.2 512GB NVMe
Samsung 850 EVO 500gb SSD, EVGA GTX 1080 ti (11gb), Sony 65” 4K Display
VPC MongoosT-50, TM Warthog Throttle, TRK IR 5.0, Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals
Warhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 05:35 AM   #23
Deadman
Veteran

"(when I have dimensions)" this will be your greatest challenge not all of the knobs specs are available.

Tags
a-10c warthog, knobs