Steam DCS A10c warthog not registering - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-02-2013, 05:55 PM   #1
RnGRamen85

Angry Steam DCS A10c warthog not registering

I bought my DCS A10c during the steam summer sale and have been unable to activate it on DCS world, whenever i try i get this message

"Activation denied by server. Invalid Hardware Code. Make sure the Serial Number used is valid for the product you are trying to activate, generate a new Hardware Code and try again."

I as well as my friend and many other people on the internet are all having the same problem... I have tried quite a few things to get this to work but nothing has been successful, any help would be greatly appreciated and thank you for your time.
RnGRamen85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:10 PM   #2
Dagger71

Quote:
Originally Posted by RnGRamen85 View Post
I bought my DCS A10c during the steam summer sale and have been unable to activate it on DCS world, whenever i try i get this message

"Activation denied by server. Invalid Hardware Code. Make sure the Serial Number used is valid for the product you are trying to activate, generate a new Hardware Code and try again."

I as well as my friend and many other people on the internet are all having the same problem... I have tried quite a few things to get this to work but nothing has been successful, any help would be greatly appreciated and thank you for your time.
I have two support tickets for this (both steam and DCS) and waiting for it to get resolved. Cant access the game, nor can I even access the free Su25T (minimizes and asks for A10C activation which then returns a invalid serial key).

I am a little frustrated that we aren't seeing ANYTHING on this site or the steam site to even get an acknowledgement from DCS/Steam that there is a problem. Lots of people are having these issues.

The silence is just bad business in my opinion.
Dagger71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 12:08 AM   #3
Wags
ED Team

We have contacted Steam about this but have not gotten a reply yet. When we do, we will let you know.

i7 6700K, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1080ti, Windows 10, 1TB SSD, TM Hornet stick and Warthog throttle, and Track IR 5 with default settings.
Wags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 12:23 AM   #4
Wags
ED Team

Please try again. I have heard back from Steam that they have now cross-authorized the activation between the old stand alone version and the new DLC version.

i7 6700K, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1080ti, Windows 10, 1TB SSD, TM Hornet stick and Warthog throttle, and Track IR 5 with default settings.
Wags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 12:49 AM   #5
Gimpymoo

My A10C purchase is now recognised as a DLC purchase.

Thank you for the prompt resolution.
Gimpymoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 03:03 PM   #6
Dagger71

works for me now! Thanks Wags. I had uninstalled everything and re-installed again and it finally worked, but from your response it would have worked if I would have tried again later.
Dagger71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 08:58 PM   #7
Stevary

I have the same problem. Actually if you look in the Product Activation part of the forum you will notice that many people have had that "hardware code" error from the Steam versions of A-10C warthog.

Since DCS World just came out on Steam I was hoping that would fix it but I then realized that the version I bought during the steam sale is not working as the DLC. But when I go to the DLC A-10C website on steam it tells me that I already own it. Dafuq.

How do I get the Steam version that I bought before the DLC stuff to work as DLC?
Stevary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:01 PM   #8
triple2006

My standalone key is not working in steam. Is there any solution for me? It´s because I want to use the German language in steam. SA is only Russian and English.

Will I get another key working in steam or do i have to buy it in steam?

As said I have a key from the DCS E-Shop from 11.11.2012

thx in advance
triple2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 06:58 PM   #9
triple2006

no one knows something?
triple2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:04 PM   #10
Tone71

You can't use your standalone key to activate the Steam version.

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i5-2500K @ 4.3Ghz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 8GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Saitek X52 Pro, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.
Tone71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a-10c warthog, dcs, invalid hardware code, invalid unlock code, serial number