VP-Airfield Equipment 0.8.2 beta

... Plus I amended the lua files so that all personnel appear in the INFANTRY section of the ME and they can now move if given waypoints. The models are not animated so they wont appear to walk or run but they do move none the less.

Hello,

Was reading this thread, looking to see if someone had made a Catalog of the many objects of this Mod, when I stumbled onto your post ... any chance that you can share that lua file? :)

I'm editing a series of Static Templates for Caucasus, one for each Airfield, so that on future missions that I make it will be easy to enhance those Airfields that I need, just load the corresponding Template and presto :)

BTW, thanks a lot for the fine video you made on that Static Templates subject, it has proven to be a most useful feature.

Best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Rudel_chw said:

Was reading this thread, looking to see if someone had made a Catalog of the many objects of this Mod ...

Hello,

Couldnt find a Catalog, so I made my own ... it's useful since the object names are too short and hard to remember, and so having it as a reference on a Tablet while you are customizing an Airbase is handy.

https://1drv.ms/b/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26hYcdKYLQGUlrrA2eAA

Best regards and thanks a lot to the author of this beautiful Mod 🙂

Eduardo

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

I once downloaded this mod. But the catalog shows a lot more items than I can remember. Is there a newer version or what is the actual version number ?

And please where to download it ?

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet

I once downloaded this mod. But the catalog shows a lot more items than I can remember. Is there a newer version or what is the actual version number ?

And please where to download it ?

The link on the first post is pointing to an old version, on this other site is the most current version:

https://virpil.com/en/news/58-vpc-airfield-equipment-dlya-dcs-world

I made the catalog examining (with Model Viewer) all the shapes that the Mod contains .. in fact it has a few duplicates, like the F-150 pickup :)

I'm using this Mod to give more ambiance to each airfields, and then saving them as Static Templates, so they can easily be re-used on my missions. The new Static Templates even save the ground vehicles and infantry, including their routes and waypoints.

It's a pity that the light towers and street lights have not been updated for the new lighting of DCS 2.5, so they are kind of weak at the moment .. a temporary workaround is to increase the Gamma to 2.2 on night missions :)

Best regards

The link on the first post is pointing to an old version, on this other site is the most current version:

I made the catalog examining (with Model Viewer) all the shapes that the Mod contains .. in fact it has a few duplicates, like the F-150 pickup :)

I'm using this Mod to give more ambiance to each airfields, and then saving them as Static Templates, so they can easily be re-used on my missions. The new Static Templates even save the ground vehicles and infantry, including their routes and waypoints.

It's a pity that the light towers and street lights have not been updated for the new lighting of DCS 2.5, so they are kind of weak at the moment .. a temporary workaround is to increase the Gamma to 2.2 on night missions :)

Best regards

Both Texture files are corrupted.

Error when adding new objects in DCS.

Am I the only one with this issue ?

Hello,

I installed the unziped mod into my saved games folder-mods-tech

In the ME under static objects I find only a few of the items. Mostly Nato men and some cars.

No buildings at all.

I believe I installed it at the wrong place.

Could anybody please tell me the exact file path for this mod ?

If yes, please make it pretty clear so even I can follow it.

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet

Hello,

I installed the unziped mod into my saved games folder-mods-tech

In the ME under static objects I find only a few of the items. Mostly Nato men and some cars.

No buildings at all.

I believe I installed it at the wrong place.

Could anybody please tell me the exact file path for this mod ?

If yes, please make it pretty clear so even I can follow it.

Did you look under the stucture category?

Both Texture files are corrupted.

Error when adding new objects in DCS.

Am I the only one with this issue ?

When I click on texture with winRAR I have this message.

Do you have the same one ?

File downloaded yesterday via the link on Virpil Website

Many Thxxx

Chris

1785635780_WinRaretexture.thumb.JPG.c94726de2f9b6987aac9e8ec58b989be.JPG

Edited by Razorback

Hello,

I finally found out, that all items are installed, but they are not stored all under Staitics.

I find them in different catagories like groundtroops etc.

Seems not optimal, but all are usable.

But I thing, I will try a second install, but how ?

So, I made a lot of test today, regarding the installation of the VP-Airfield Equipment 0.8.2 beta and 0.9.4 beta

The version 0.8.2 is working fine

Afterwards, I removed the 0.8.2 version and installed the last version 0.9.4.

Of course in the same folder name (Users/Mods/....)

The transfer of the files from my USB stick to my computer HD was much more fast compared to the 0.8.2 version... Which is strange because we have more files to install...

I downloaded the the 0.9.4; via the Virpil website

Is it a possibility that the file there is damaged or corrupted ?

Could somebody give me the possibility to download his 0.9.4 working version...just in order to compare both files...

Thx a lot

PS : And again when I look on the textures of the 0.9.4 with WinRAR I have the message reported on my previous reply (see Att)

Could somebody give me the possibility to download his 0.9.4 working version...just in order to compare both files...

Hi,

This is the version that I'm using, and seems to work fine on my DCS 2.5.3:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26hIF1gP_GSSbErriIOQ

To install, just put the "Mod" folder on your "Saved Games/DCS" folder.

Best regards

Hi,

This is the version that I'm using, and seems to work fine on my DCS 2.5.3:

To install, just put the "Mod" folder on your "Saved Games/DCS" folder.

Best regards

Thx a lot Rudel !!

Just downloaded.

Texture files are working fine and are not bugged compare to the Virpil link on his website.

I will test it tomorrow in DCS 2.5.3...

thumbup.gifthumbup.gif

So tested this Thursday...and approved ! All is working fine...wink.gif

Afterwards, I have dowloaded the 2 (blue and Red) missions... still on Virpil website and same issue, both files are corrupted !cry.gif

Is it someone using both missions and who could send a link for download...like the 0.9.4 version of Rudel ?music_whistling.gif

Thxxx a lot

Edited by Razorback

Afterwards, I have dowloaded the 2 (blue and Red) missions... still on Virpil website and same issue, both files are corrupted !cry.gif

Is it someone using both missions and who could send a link for download...like the 0.9.4 version of Rudel ?music_whistling.gif

I have three missions that I downloaded from Virpil a long time ago, just tried them and they still work ... (tough the trees of Mozdok are very ugly compared with what we currently have on the new Caucasus) it's a real pity that Virpil hasnt updated this Mod a bit more :(

You can download them from the same link as before.

I have had this Mod for more than a year, but didnt actually used it because populating each airbase on my missions was just too much work ...

however, the recent "Static Templates" feature that ED added to the Mission Editor, has sparked my renewed interest on this Mod as now it's possible to populate each airbase separately, in the form of templates, like this:

QadPXmo.jpg

This means that when I start a new mission, I can load the template for each of the airbases that I will be using, then I can load a template for military air traffic between my coalition airbases ... and have all the background for my new mission with just 3 or 4 "Load Static Template" menu commands :D

Best regards,

Eduardo

Eduardo,

Thx for the reply but...

The Virpil Mod and both mission files were ok during the past.

Now, If you download it from his website, nothing is working anymore...

Yesterday, I have received the last Mod 0.9.4 from Rudel (downloaded before by Rudel) and all is working fine.

Same issue with mission file. When you download the mission, the Red one is 0 Kb !!

The Virpil Mod and both mission files were ok during the past.

Now, If you download it from his website, nothing is working anymore...

Yesterday, I have received the last Mod 0.9.4 from Rudel (downloaded before by Rudel) and all is working fine.

Same issue with mission file. When you download the mission, the Red one is 0 Kb !!

OK, check the link again, I've added the three demo missions .. my Forum name is Rudel_chw ... my real one is Eduardo :D

Hi

sorry but where are these templates you're talking about ?

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

sorry but where are these templates you're talking about ?

Hello,

I first became aware of the Static Templates trough this Video of Suntsag:

oi6VioycdQw

Basically, a Static Template is like a whole MIZ file that contains all Units (with their waypoints and settings) and all Structures that you've placed on the map. It doesnt contain triggers or zones, nor a Mission Briefing.

.. you create them with the ME command "Save Static Template", the ME will ask for a name and description, and then it will be stored on this Folder of your /Saved Games/DCS filetree:

EiE5vLt.jpg

Each Template is Map specific, that's why I put the map name of each as part of its filename.

Once you've created a Template, you can use it easily on any Mission that you are creating, just by using the Menu "Load Static Template" ... the beauty of this is that the existing content of the Mission is not disturbed, so you can load several sucesive templates and all their objects will be added to the new Mission.

One caveat, is that the names of the objects should not clash ... to prevent this, I put a prefix on the name of each object that I'm putting onto a Template ...

.. this is easier than it sounds, for example, I'm making a Template to populate the Batumi Airfield with blue forces. I want to Add a Light tower at the side of the Ramp to have better ilumination during the night .. I place it and then change its name to "Batumi Light Tower" ... then, for the next lights I just copy/paste the first one and they will all have this name prefix :)

Since the Template can have units, and it preserves their waypoints (and waypoints orders, if any), its feasible to put some patrol units to move along the perimeter on a continous route.

Here you can see one of my Templates, to get the idea:

41uBkNa.jpg

From here on, everytime that I need a fully populated, red faction, Batumi .. I just load the Template :D

Best regards

Sorry

I havn't understood very well

I thought that ED had implemented these templates mission by default in the bêta version. I havn't all read and havn't understood that it's you who have created these templates. Sorry.

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

Just one simple question:

Are the items of this mod destructible ???