Introducing the VPC WarBRD

Cyph3r

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May I ask how compares this base to the T-50 and the Warthog base in terms of stick precision / smoothness / durability?
Honestly for the little amount of time I spent flying with it, since I am having some issues with mine, it is 100% smoother, more precise, and just easier to fly with.

I have the hard springs on there and I still can make very small adjustments. You can basically fly the aircraft using your fingers, it does not take much force at all to make any manuevers. Making small adjustments is a lot easier.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

But this is the whole point of my posts. It will not stay fully inserted. I have lined it up and pressed and pushed as much as I can. It will not stay in the base connector.

And my point (based on your comment on Sajarov's picture, comment which I quoted above) is that, while you might think you are fully inserting the connector, in reality you might not fully insert it. If that is the case, then it does not stay in place because it is not fully inserted.

And my point (based on your comment on Sajarov's picture, comment which I quoted above) is that, while you might think you are fully inserting the connector, in reality you might not fully insert it. If that is the case, then it does not stay in place because it is not fully inserted.
I understand, but I'm not sure why it won't fully insert. The warthog grip goes in fine. I've pressed as hard as I could while it's lined up and I'm in the socket but no idea why it won't stay.

I will unscrew the two small screws and try to lift the wire from the base and see if I can have my hand on it while I hold the base horizontal and try to connect that way.

I know it's not rocket science here but I've tried so many times already. I've never had any such trouble connecting any other type of wires or plugs and I've built several computer's, took a part a lot of electronics, put them back without issue. Something is off here either from the grip's cable or the base's connector.

I do appreciate all the help everyone here has been providing. I will wait and see when virpil replies to my ticket. Maybe they have some tricks I can try to get this right. Would really like to fly some more but for now I guess I can take a break .

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Is this base compatible with the cougar stick?

And will it be compatible with the new hornet stick?

I'd assume because the warthog grip is compatible so should the new hornet grip...once it's released we'll know for sure....

From their site...

The VPC WarBRD Base is compatible with the following grips:

★ VPC MongoosT-50 Grip

★ VPC Constellation Delta Grip

★ VPC WarBRD Grip

★ TM Warthog Grip

Edited by Hellcat

i7-9700K @ 5.0 l MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus MB l 32GB DDR4 2400 Ram l Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB M.2 l EVGA 3080 FTW l Win10 Pro l WarBRD/Warthog Hotas l VKB MkIV rudder Pedals l Reverb G2

I'd assume because the warthog grip is compatible so should the new hornet grip...once it's released we'll know for sure....

From their site...

The VPC WarBRD Base is compatible with the following grips:

★ VPC MongoosT-50 Grip

★ VPC Constellation Delta Grip

★ VPC WarBRD Grip

★ TM Warthog Grip

That's why i'm asking, because the cougar is not mentioned.

But it's not mentioned also in the T-50 base, though it is compatible with it.

Is this base compatible with the cougar stick?

And will it be compatible with the new hornet stick?

If the Virpil site doesn't state that the Cougar is compatible, then I assume it isn't. The cougar is pretty old so I guess no testing was carried out.

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

Haven't heard from vpc about my grip not staying connected to the warBRD base. Last email I got from them was from Aug 13th so I just sent another message in the ticket on their site yesterday.

Those that have opened tickets before, how long before they were closed? Do they get closed automatically? They are probably busy because once they replied the replies were very quick I must admit.

Yeay, I got my shipping confirmation! And it's due to arrive about 2-3 days after I leave for a 3 week trip... To the place where I actually want to take the stick!!!

Z...

What date did you order?

Haven't heard from vpc about my grip not staying connected to the warBRD base. Last email I got from them was from Aug 13th so I just sent another message in the ticket on their site yesterday.

Those that have opened tickets before, how long before they were closed? Do they get closed automatically? They are probably busy because once they replied the replies were very quick I must admit.

I was affected by the initial cam problems with the T-50, and, from memory, that was sorted out within 24hrs, 48 at most (they sent a new set of cams at no cost).

Z...

Anyone know how to fix the Error device pcb error?

I downloaded the new vpc light software and opened it as administrator. I clicked on the device id at the top and selected load device. It loaded then refreshed but now I get "Error device pcb" and windows is not even recognizing the warBRD base and mt-50.

Restarted the PC, tried all my USB ports, tried a usb 2.0 hub and a powered usb 3.0 hub as well and it will not be recognized.

I already have a ticket open with vpc about the previous issue which the engineer has not got back to me on Skype.

Is there a way to reset the warBRD base or something ?

Jump on to Discord. Virpil have their own channel

Jump on to Discord. Virpil have their own channel
Interesting I did not notice. I just replied to the same ticket and got a response. For anyone that has the same issue you have to short out the base via some pins. Will post the picture when I get it from support.

Edit: Here's the pins you have to short if your warBRD ever gets goofed up while using new software or windows 10 USB issues.

2fdb30b52f335b9e62dd86bdb2f75ea7.jpg

Edited by sze5003

I've had my Warbird base on order since 17 July, 2018 and, per Virpil's last announcement, probably won't see my Warbird until October at the earliest.

I hope it's worth the wait, which at this point is just hard to believe.

All I can say is that if you want one of their controllers, don't expect it this year.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3rd Mar Div

RVN '66-'67

Which announcement was that?

Oh disregard. Just read it on their website. So their email to me the other day saying a target date of end of September for a Canadian customer looks to be WAY off. Ordered mine Aug 14

Edited by chief

Is there a way to save your bindings for the stick once you recalibrate? It seems dcs bindings get wiped each time my grip gets disconnected and once I get it connected again I want to recalibrate it but I end up loosing my bindings.

I found the profiles saved in my dcs user files so I noticed now all I have to do is load them in. Was wondering if there was a way to skip this step?

I actually had to use some electrical tape on the mt 50 grip connector cable and the warBRD base connector to keep the grip from becoming disconnected. Never got that issue solved, but for now it seems to be holding because I haven't been flying much due to this.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my shipping confirmation (ordered on 7/10)

....Is there anything you guy's can think of that I need to be aware of before it gets here ....Like up dates to the firmware and what not?

Edited by Hellcat

i7-9700K @ 5.0 l MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus MB l 32GB DDR4 2400 Ram l Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB M.2 l EVGA 3080 FTW l Win10 Pro l WarBRD/Warthog Hotas l VKB MkIV rudder Pedals l Reverb G2

Hi guys - We've been working on creating some clear how-to guides for our products, the first one has just been uploaded showing how to change the cams and springs on the VPC WarBRD base!

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]