A-10C - On a "routine" patrol - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-16-2016, 11:58 PM   #1
FingertipPhil

Default A-10C - On a "routine" patrol

Hi everyone,

On a routine patrol - just passing the last waypoint - when all hell breaks loose! let me know what you think!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZNvCZUtxnM

Let me know what you think! - and if you like that, have a look at all of my stuff in the A-10C

https://youtu.be/JyEfsLb_zi8?list=PL...fSJaHQaS8P9dOT

** CAUTION - As all of my videos are captured 'on the fly' there will be some swearing, so careful when little people are viewing **
FingertipPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 10:55 AM   #2
Kelevra9987

A few tipps:

1. On Master Arm = ON -> Lights Off (you're looking like a flying Christmas Tree to the Enemy)

2. Don't have the CMSP on Auto but rather on Manual. So that you are not wasting Chaff/Flare while you are just tracked but not launched upon.

3. Keep Situational Awareness. You were looking back while the Missile came from the front.

4. Try to loiter a bit around your AO and setup your Targets with Mark Points so that you can engage quickly. Remember: Whoever shoots first, kills first.

But other than that, good clip you have there

Greetings.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 | GPU: GTX TITAN X (Maxwell) | SSD1: 256GB NVMe SSD System | SSD2: 250GB Games | HDD 4TB WD Red
Kelevra9987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 10:41 PM   #3
FingertipPhil

Hi Kelevra

Having watched it back a few times, i realised that my situational awareness is zip! good tip about lights off!

Thanks for watching - i kinda put it together as more of an entertainment piece - but i'm glad you enjoyed it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelevra9987 View Post
A few tipps:

1. On Master Arm = ON -> Lights Off (you're looking like a flying Christmas Tree to the Enemy)

2. Don't have the CMSP on Auto but rather on Manual. So that you are not wasting Chaff/Flare while you are just tracked but not launched upon.

3. Keep Situational Awareness. You were looking back while the Missile came from the front.

4. Try to loiter a bit around your AO and setup your Targets with Mark Points so that you can engage quickly. Remember: Whoever shoots first, kills first.

But other than that, good clip you have there

Greetings.
FingertipPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 10:00 PM   #4
lefty1117

Mark points?
lefty1117 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a-10c cockpit, a-10c warthog, dcs world 1.5 video