Sale... Whatcha bought?

bilbosmeggins

Finally broke down and bought my first heli...the Huey. Fund and different. I own most of the other modules, but decided to hold off on things that I'm not likely to fly. I like the c-101 and l-39, but I really don't see myself flying them much. Regardless, there are so many choices that I think there's something for everybody. I also picked up tacview to go with DCS as it was on sale too. Now I have another manual to read...oy veh.

As to VR, many here have said it...once you do DCS in VR, you won't want to fly any other way. I gave up my trackerIR once I got the Rift-S. I know a few folks with the pixma 8k, and one fellow is waiting for the X. Regardless, the VR experience is phenomenal. Yes, there are settings that could be really affecting the performance. I use the oculus tray tool, and made some changes that let me fly at 30-40 fps in most situations. (Rift-S max is 40 fps). A good place I found with good settings is

. I followed his suggestions and improved my FPS by 40-50 percent.

I think I’d better save up for faster hardware as my performance in VR is degraded from what it was a year ago. Still might buy the F-16 as I love that plane. But I’d have to fly it offline in small missions If I want the VR experience to be any good.

Thought seriously about Huey, but trying not to buy anything else until Kiowa or Syria come out. Littlbird is keeping my helo training progressing in the mean time.

I have the Black Shark and the Mi8 (i flew the Gaz and Chopper in the free trial) and im not gonna lie. The Mi-8.. is the best feeling helo in the game. Its not a fighter, but it flies nicer than the Black Shark by a long shot. It felt way better than the huey to me. Huey just felt light, almost fake. Immersion wise, the mi8 is the best. but if you want to fly combat. id recommend the Shark. just my 2 cents.

i cant wait for the hind. a DCS hind at that. that kiowa looks good too.. maybe it will be a good JTAC platform. Ive been waiting on a module that would handshake with the Warthogs sadl system. SADL is such a blast.

What would you guys recommend? F18 or the F16.. everytime i goto buy the hornet i tihnk about that F16. Any news on major updates for the F16 and when they are coming?

Why do you like the Hornet? Why do you like the Viper? Why do you like the Tiger? (i have the MiG15, Black Shark, Mi8, Warthog, Mirage and Harrier)

I was holding out for the Tomcat. But i just cant afford it, even with my miles and the 17% discount.

Human Nature.. is buying the best and the cheapest. Its in our DNA. Even though i want that TOmcat so bad i can taste it. I chose the Mighty 8 HIP.. over the F14. If something else is on sale at the same time, you arent going to make any sales. Time and Opportunity are both perishable commodities

What would you guys recommend? F18 or the F16.. everytime i goto buy the hornet i tihnk about that F16. Any news on major updates for the F16 and when they are coming?

Why do you like the Hornet? Why do you like the Viper? Why do you like the Tiger? (i have the MiG15, Black Shark, Mi8, Warthog, Mirage and Harrier)

I was holding out for the Tomcat. But i just cant afford it, even with my miles and the 17% discount.

Human Nature.. is buying the best and the cheapest. Its in our DNA. Even though i want that TOmcat so bad i can taste it. I chose the Mighty 8 HIP.. over the F14. If something else is on sale at the same time, you arent going to make any sales. Time and Opportunity are both perishable commodities

I have the F-5, Harrier, Mig-21, M2000, Mig-15 and FC3. I can't seem to stay away from the F-5 though. There's something about it that makes it the most fun to fly that's hard to categorize, but I think it's the fact that it is a "capable underdog" combined with the fact that it is less complicated in general.

You can absolutely fight Su-27s and Mig-29s in it but it's quite challenging. The AIM-9Ps aren't bad missiles... But you only get two and you have to line up the shots right. Ground attacks without the modern HUD and systems that go along with it are satisfying when you get it right. It does not have long legs so you must manage fuel consumption well. It has a hard time in dogfights as it bleeds energy easily that is hard to get back - yet it is maneuverable and pretty fast.

That said, it always leaves me wanting more thrust. Which makes me pine for the F-16. I'll always love the F-5E for what it is though.

I want the Mig-19 too. Even though it's an old second generation fighter... I just can't believe someone modeled it in high-fidelity. And it's the P model, no less. That's just so awesome and odd. I want to support it and fly it!

I could get by easily with what I have though. The F-5, Harrier, Mig-21... They all are a joy to fly. One more would be nice though!

I think the F-16 is going to have to be my next choice. I really want to have a modern fighter with datalink. I think ED has hired another team member for it, so that should help get it going more.

Have fun and good luck with your choice!

I have the F-5, Harrier, Mig-21, M2000, Mig-15 and FC3. I can't seem to stay away from the F-5 though. There's something about it that makes it the most fun to fly that's hard to categorize, but I think it's the fact that it is a "capable underdog" combined with the fact that it is less complicated in general.

You can absolutely fight Su-27s and Mig-29s in it but it's quite challenging. The AIM-9Ps aren't bad missiles... But you only get two and you have to line up the shots right. Ground attacks without the modern HUD and systems that go along with it are satisfying when you get it right. It does not have long legs so you must manage fuel consumption well. It has a hard time in dogfights as it bleeds energy easily that is hard to get back - yet it is maneuverable and pretty fast.

That said, it always leaves me wanting more thrust. Which makes me pine for the F-16. I'll always love the F-5E for what it is though.

I want the Mig-19 too. Even though it's an old second generation fighter... I just can't believe someone modeled it in high-fidelity. And it's the P model, no less. That's just so awesome and odd. I want to support it and fly it!

I could get by easily with what I have though. The F-5, Harrier, Mig-21... They all are a joy to fly. One more would be nice though!

I think the F-16 is going to have to be my next choice. I really want to have a modern fighter with datalink. I think ED has hired another team member for it, so that should help get it going more.

Have fun and good luck with your choice!

If you’re loving the F-5, then maybe give the Sabre a whirl. Similarly simplistic with just an amazing flight model. I only picked mine up last week, but can’t even look at the other planes in the hangar now. I absolutely love it. Picked up the F-16 at the same time, but just can’t find an ounce of love for it.

Very tempted to grab the MI-8 heli, for some future fun. Looks great, and if, as people are implying, the flight model is even better than the Huey then I’m all in. I have the Huey already and it is an absolute delight to fly.

The Hornet is in a much more complete state than the F-16. Has more goodies available and whatnot. If that's important to you, then there is your answer. I pre-ordered the F-16 and I'll admit it's the only module that I have any buyers remorse over. I imagine my feelings towards it will change when it is finally or very near complete but I don't see that happening for a long while. I'm still crossing my fingers the F/A-18 will be finished by years end.

F/A-18C; A-10C; F-14B; Mirage 2000C; A-4E; F-16C; Flaming Cliffs 3

If you’re loving the F-5, then maybe give the Sabre a whirl. Similarly simplistic with just an amazing flight model. I only picked mine up last week, but can’t even look at the other planes in the hangar now. I absolutely love it. Picked up the F-16 at the same time, but just can’t find an ounce of love for it.

Very tempted to grab the MI-8 heli, for some future fun. Looks great, and if, as people are implying, the flight model is even better than the Huey then I’m all in. I have the Huey already and it is an absolute delight to fly.

I love the Sabre but the lack of content around that time period in DCS holds me back from getting it. It looks really fun though.

I'm kind of afraid I will have the same feeling about the F-16 due to it being incomplete. It's only $40 though. I just spent $30 at the grocery store on two bags of pistachio nuts. I'm sure I could get $40 of fun out of the F-16 over the long term. More fun than those pistachio nuts! (I almost returned them, didn't realize the price.)

The Huey looks great too. Glad to hear it is fun. A lot of people seem to love it. Makes me want to try it.

Trying very very hard to wait for Kiowa or Syria of for Channel to get a decent frame rate.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

I have the Black Shark and the Mi8 (i flew the Gaz and Chopper in the free trial) and im not gonna lie. The Mi-8.. is the best feeling helo in the game. Its not a fighter, but it flies nicer than the Black Shark by a long shot. It felt way better than the huey to me. Huey just felt light, almost fake. Immersion wise, the mi8 is the best. but if you want to fly combat. id recommend the Shark. just my 2 cents.

I can't wait for the hind. a DCS hind at that. that kiowa looks good too.. maybe it will be a good JTAC platform. Ive been waiting on a module that would handshake with the Warthogs sadl system. SADL is such a blast.

I feel like BS is not really a helo compared to everything else its so FBW and automated it feels like you are missing something. I have my collective now so I thin Kiowa will be the go but thanks for the feedback , it helps me push off the squadron members telling me to get huey

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

I finally decided which warbird to my first in DCS and got Spitfire, I had already WW2 Assets and Channel map. TF-51 is much easier to take-off, Spit needs practising without aids.

Specs: Ryzen 5800X3D, 32 GB RAM, Geforce RTX 3080, Quest 2, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, MFG Crosswind rudder pedals

I bought nothing, as I don't want a divorce. :(
:megalol:

I bought the Ka-50 and CA, which has been since month on my wishlist. I only had a little time to test the Ka-50 so far, but it seems to be awesome!

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

I've bought nothing the last two sales. There's just not enough room in my head to learn any more modules. The maps I've found to be disappointing and the campaigns are cool but often buggy due to the core changes.

Already have A10c, F16 ,F18, Huey, Mi8, F-5, Harrier, C-101, Viggen, Mustang, SC,PG map,Nevada map, Older wwii map.

Huey, F18, C-101 and Viggen would easily be my favourites. Harrier and F-5 I found to be a bit of a disappointment.

I swooped back in last minute to pick up Persian Gulf, A10C, and the Enemy Within campaign. Not really even planning on starting to learn the A10C yet, still getting a lot of mileage out of the hornet. But I know I'll want it suddenly sometime in the next few months so I decided to get it while it was on sale.

I got the M2000c my first full fidelity module after having FC3 for years. I was enjoying the F14 a lot in the free trial but bit expensive for me still.

GIGABYTE 78LMT

AMD FX-8350

MSI ARMOR 1060 GTX 3GB

32 GB RAM DDR3 1600

SSD 120GB OS - DCS Installed

SSD 240GB

HDD 1TB

1080p @ 60hz

Nada. After the Viper, I won't be buying any new modules for a looooooong time. And that's not because I'm so happy with it, that it's all I want to fly ;)

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals