VAICOMM/AIRIO - problems with recognizing some functions

VirusAM

I am in the UK and we use the , and . as in the US. Now you have mentioned your difference between language and settings I will have a play with the settings on my machine to see what happens.

Does the issue go away if you temporarily change your locale settings to US?

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

I don't know...I had this thought this this morning while going to work....

Definitely will be the first time I will try this afternoon when back home.

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

I tried UK engine but the recognition is way worse then US one...I guess i need to retrain the speech engine?

I hope not

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

You guys have the same "0" command in the database as in the picture I posted yesterday? Using import theatres?

I haven't experienced this

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

I tried UK engine but the recognition is way worse then US one...I guess i need to retrain the speech engine?

I hope not

You probably would, but I don't think it would necessarily solve your problem. I have just experimented with changing my number formats around and could not see any difference in the results for radio tune (although I have changed mine to radio freak). Like Oldfox, my recognition on these commands really changed when I switched from zero to 'oh'.

When I use zero I get the same failed recognition as you (e.g. 126.00). If I repeat the command using oh I get 126 decimal 0 0

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

You probably would, but I don't think it would necessarily solve your problem. I have just experimented with changing my number formats around and could not see any difference in the results for radio tune (although I have changed mine to radio freak). Like Oldfox, my recognition on these commands really changed when I switched from zero to 'oh'.

When I use zero I get the same failed recognition as you (e.g. 126.00). If I repeat the command using oh I get 126 decimal 0 0

Ok, i will definitely need to try this then...

but did you change the 0 to 'o' in the VAICOMM profile...or it is just recognized this way if you pronounce as 'oh'?

Ok, If you say "124 decimal o" works..

BUT, then try saying "124 decimal o25", what do you get? there's a problem for me..

This workaround works halfway, but is not the ideal solution.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hotas TM Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder | Oculus Rift | MSI Z97 Gaming 3| i5-4690K oc 4.5Ghz | 16Gb ddr3 | GTX 1080 Ti | W10 64Bits

BUT, then try saying "124 decimal o25", what do you get? there's a problem for me..

I ask to you also then...

In order to work did you change from 0 to 'o' letter in VAICOMM profile or without changing anything just pronouncing the 0 as 'oh' works out of the box?

I get 124 decimal 025 recognised when saying oh (also 050 and 075 work as expected). It might be to do with the speed of talking

I ask to you also then...

In order to work did you change from 0 to 'o' letter in VAICOMM profile or without changing anything just pronouncing the 0 as 'oh' works out of the box?

I have not changed the command 0 to o - the option just worked for me.

I haven't tried with a US setting, only with UK English

The problem is not with plugin functioning.

As recommended earlier, do a hard reset by removing Database and Config subfolfders to exclude any snags.

Get a fresh profile via Config/Export, Import in VA, restart and follow the FINISH steps.

Invest time in improving your recognition rates following the manual syntax, practice speech pacing, use voice training.

Also suggest to check out VSPX: some people get best results with that.

Grtz

Hi, thanks for your support

I have done all the recommended steps, but without results, the same problem remains..

"Radio Tune 1-9 decimal 1-9" It works very well

From the moment I use "Decimal Zero" the problem persists..

It is important to emphasize that "Decimal" is recognized by the Speech independently, and "Zero" the same. So there's not a problem about Speech pronunciation or training..

I'm not saying it's a VAICOM Plugins problem. But some other conflict with the Speech reconigtion in Windows.

At the beginning of having installed VAICOM, I wanted to use Speech Recongnition USA, but in this case "Radio Tune did not work at all, even doing the training. The I had the idea to uninstall USA and install Speech UK, and it was here when everything started working immediately, but with this "zero" problem...there is clearly a conflict somewhere, and it is not about pronunciation or training.

For my part I have no more ideas... the only thing I have left is to continue using it in this way, and cross my fingers so that I am not forced to enter a frequency "decimal zero two five"

Greetings

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hotas TM Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder | Oculus Rift | MSI Z97 Gaming 3| i5-4690K oc 4.5Ghz | 16Gb ddr3 | GTX 1080 Ti | W10 64Bits

What do you get when you try this - i will then see if I can get the same and hopefully work out the difference

What do you get when you try this - i will then see if I can get the same and hopefully work out the difference

Is ok for me now, was the "o" pronunciation. Sorry.

If i say "Radio Tune 124 decimal "o"25 works fine!

@VirusAM, youo dont need to change nothing in profile, juste say "o" instead of "zero"

Greetings

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is ok for me now, was the "o" pronunciation. Sorry.

If i say "Radio Tune 124 decimal "o"25 works fine!

@VirusAM, youo dont need to change nothing in profile, juste say "o" instead of "zero"

Greetings

Great to know - this works really well for me now

Great to know - this works really well for me now

Thanks hornblower...but i am very sad...this didn’t solve my issue....

I really don’t know what you do.

In the screenshot here you can see that i have not any issue with the recognition...

Is this damn decimal that will always be recognized as a .

You will see the difference when I pronounce ‘decimal zero’, and ‘decimal oh’.

You can also see that the word decimal alone is recognized without issues.

Also since Hollywood told me to reset everything i am not able to make it work also tacan tune (change for me) yankee ‘xxx’ that before and link tune that before were working

As you can see the airio commands are inserted in the profile, but it seems as if these 3 AIRIO special commands will never work (radio tune, tacan tune, link tune).

The map marker and scan altitude range are only ones working.

Strangely enough tacan tune texaco or link tune stennis (examples) both works well...mysteries....

I hope Hollywood will be able to figure out what is happening.

7acdc81aae0061341e3715782ee8ff20.jpg

Edited by VirusAM

Your image is unreadable ..

Have you tried changing the Speech Recognition?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Your image is unreadable ..

Have you tried changing the Speech Recognition?

I tried almost everything...

I tried to use VSPX...and it is worse.

I tried to use UK speech engine instead of US and it is worse (probably because i need to redo all the training).

in my image you can see (note that for easier recognition i changed 'radio tune' to 'radio change' and 'tacan tune' to 'tacan change'):

if i say "radio change 225 decimal zero" then "radio change 225.0" is recognized but VAICOM report it as 'unrecognized'

if i say "radio change 225 decimal oh" then "radio change 225. 'O' " is recognized but VAICOM report it as 'unrecognized'

if i say "tacan change yankee 074" then "tacan change yankee 074" is recognized but nothing happens in the SIM and VAICOM report it as 'unrecognized'.

With link tune happens the same.

There is no way i am able to make x-ray being recognized (and i also recorded my pronouncation of it).

If i say "decimal" alone...the speech engine correctly recognizes the 'decimal' and not the point.

So i don't see this as my fault, or my pronunciation fault.

Also in the image you can see that if i use the standard VAICOMM commands "select Washington" "Link host Stennis" and "Tacan Tune Texaco" they work flawless.

The last resort for me is to try to record every radio frequency combination in the windows speech dictionary...

So I do insist that VAICOMM, and particularly AIRIO special commands, have an issue on my particular computer.

Maybe some language settings, maybe some errors of mine in the configuration (but i did RTFM) but definitely not my speech recognition. I demonstrated that with all the screenshots i uploaded.

Also i did as Hollywood asked (reset everything and deleted the folders he indicated) but nothing was solved.

So please could Hollywood try to understand what is wrong?

This is not a free mod....I paid for it...in 3 years (since i bought VAICOMM) i never asked anything, but now that i am using AIRIO (bought last year but really started using just couple of weeks ago) and the supercarrier extension, I pretend the support from the developer in helping me solving these issues.

I sent also an email describing this issue to the official support email but didn't receive any answer.

This lacking of support, and the "bored" answers by Hollywood really make me upset, more then the fact that I am not able to use a paid product.

Edit: i did another picture hoping you all can see it better

55ded7bbc75c3e3c20926e3f096e8ea9.plist

Edited by VirusAM

55ded7bbc75c3e3c20926e3f096e8ea9.plist

All your "Unrecognized" commands are perfectly valid, because they do not belong to the profile. If you say something there's not in the profile you get Yellow "Unrecognized"

You must understand that the correct function of the VAICOM Plugins also depends on two extremely complex platforms, 1: Windows 10, Speech recognition (Windows version, installation, drivers, etc..) and 2: VoiceAttack.

In my opinion you are having problems with these last two, this is where you should find a solution.

You can also try to change your Speech Profile..., go to Windows Control Panel\Ease of Access\Speech Recognition , then click in Advanced speech options, there you can change your profile, or make a new or delete.

Greetings

Edited by E61-v1T1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

All your "Unrecognized" commands are perfectly valid, because they do not belong to the profile. If you say something there's not in the profile you get Yellow "Unrecognized"

You must understand that the correct function of the VAICOM Plugins also depends on two extremely complex platforms, 1: Windows 10, Speech recognition (Windows version, installation, drivers, etc..) and 2: VoiceAttack.

In my opinion you are having problems with these last two, this is where you should find a solution.

You can also try to change your Speech Profile..., go to Windows Control Panel\Ease of Access\Speech Recognition , then click in Advanced speech options, there you can change your profile, or make a new or delete.

Greetings

Yes i know all that..

But vaicomm needs to identify in a very specific way what i am saying for it to work...

For example 225.0 need to be recognized as 250 decimal 0 (instead of 225.0)

Or ‘tacan tune yankee 074’ needs to be recognized as ‘tacan tune yankee 0 7 4’ (0 7 4 instead of 074).

If not it won’t recognize as a command included in the profile.

So for me the culprit resides there...

The thing that makes my computer recognize decimal as the . Is the first issue.

I don’t want to retrain again every thing so I don’t want to switch profiles (i did already once without results).

can you block recognition of "." in the MS speech recognition dictionary, hopefully forcing it to recognise "decimal"?

Unfortunately not...I already tought of that, but it doesn’t accept special characters or phrases..only single words

and you have added "decimal" to the dictionary and recorded your pronunciation of it?

If it still recognises that as ".", maybe record yourself saying "point". If that returns "point" then just block that, so that "decimal" is returned.

Another thing I have just tried and works for me is to replace the decimal in the command with a . and I then said 'dot' for this (so command is written as [0..9] . [0..9] and then said as 1 2 6 dot oh 5 oh)

We will get you there in the end

Edited by hornblower793

and you have added "decimal" to the dictionary and recorded your pronunciation of it?

If it still recognises that as ".", maybe record yourself saying "point". If that returns "point" then just block that, so that "decimal" is returned.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I already wrote in some of the post above that I recorded it. Don’t worry i Know you guys are trying to help and can’t read a wall of text any time :)

Today vaicomm support wrote me...and gave the blame on me that I corrupted the profile....i told them that i have done the reset twice...but they did ask it again...i did again (so 3rd time now) and no solution yet to this....so unless i

corrupted a new profile it is not my fault...

Anyway i discovered other quirks...

For example “link decimal xx” command works well with every digit except with 0..

If i say “link decimal seventy” it is ok and works...

If i say “link decimal zero” or “link decimal oh” then the result is an unrecognized “link 0.0”

Another thing I have just tried and works for me is to replace the decimal in the command with a . and I then said 'dot' for this (so command is written as [0..9] . [0..9] and then said as 1 2 6 dot oh 5 oh)

We will get you there in the end

I thought of something like that (replacing decimal with point or other words) or record every combination of frequency and tacan channel.

Of course starting by one example to see if it will work.

Thanks for all your help hornblower, really appreciated

• 2 weeks later...