Saitek X55 HOTAS Profile

F-16C Saitek X55 Profile

Here is my first shot at a F-16C Saitek X55 Profile. The package includes both the Saitek X55 profile files as well as the DCS Keyboard, Rudder, Stick, and Throttle mapping files. Make sure to upload the keyboard map as well as some of the functions used in the HOTAS programming required keyboard commands to work.

This is still work in progress and any collaboration on this is highly welcome :lol:.

Feel free to add and modify but please post your modifications up here for others to use.

Version 1: Original profile - 4-10/2019

Version 2: Bugfix and custom SPD BRK script included - 6-10-2019

Version 3: MAN Range Knob fixed, ANT Elev Knob fixed, HMD and ICP HUD intensity knobs added. Please use this as the saitek file had an issue in V1 and V2 :-(

F-16_June_2008.jpg

Saitek X55 F-16C Profile_V3.zip

Edited by IdefixRC
updated

I wish the X55 profiles were compatible with the X56 ones.

v6,

boNes

Yeah :-( but you can use the dcs profile files and the included excel file to recreate the mapping for your x56. My profile is far from perfect but it might be a start for you. I tried and named the buttons in the excel according to the dcs config names so they should be easy to find via the search function.

Here's a workaround for using the slider on the throttle for the speedbrakes. With notepad ++ edit the default.lua located in mod/aircraft/f-16/input/f-16/joystick. add this command to line 8:

{down = hotas_commands.THROTTLE_SPEED_BRAKE, up = hotas_commands.THROTTLE_SPEED_BRAKE, cockpit_device_id = devices.HOTAS, value_down = -1.0, value_up = 1.0, name = _('Speed Brake Switch - EXTEND/RETRACT'), category = {_('_Custom'), _('HOTAS')}},

You will see a line added in your controls called Speed Brake Switch EXTEND/RETRACT. Map the slider to it and there you go.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Here's a workaround for using the slider on the throttle for the speedbrakes. With notepad ++ edit the default.lua located in mod/aircraft/f-16/input/f-16/joystick. add this command to line 8:

{down = hotas_commands.THROTTLE_SPEED_BRAKE, up = hotas_commands.THROTTLE_SPEED_BRAKE, cockpit_device_id = devices.HOTAS, value_down = -1.0, value_up = 1.0, name = _('Speed Brake Switch - EXTEND/RETRACT'), category = {_('_Custom'), _('HOTAS')}},

You will see a line added in your controls called Speed Brake Switch EXTEND/RETRACT. Map the slider to it and there you go.

Thanks for the tip. I will include the custom lua with the next update !

Update: included in the latest version in post 1

Edited by IdefixRC

• 2 months later...
IdefixRC...

I want to graciously thank you for sharing your X-55 profile for the F-16. Thats exactly what I was looking for, as it matches very closely to what i use in BMS. Your generosity is greatly appreciated!

:-) your most welcome :-)

• 3 months later...

Great profile apart from I just cant get the speedbrakes part to work (probably me!). Copied the new lua file etc but they just wont open and close :(

Checked the lua file in notepad++ and had the line in there.

Any ideas?

THIS!!

I hope DCS integrates into F18 and F16 next update (I'm on Stable... maybe already on Beta).

• 4 weeks later...

My solution for the F16 speed brake is to use an "Advanced Command" in saiteks software.

You set the command to hold shift b for 1.05 seconds, that is just enough to open the speed brake fully.

See attached picture.

https://imgur.com/gR1Wr0l

Edited by Yngwie84
typo

Yngwie84: ingame & on Twitch

X55-Hotas - Logitech rudder pedals - DCS Bios box.

• 4 months later...

I have been using the Logitech/Saitek Software with the option to Quantize time when using the Slider Switch. I am happy that after this MOD to the default.lua, I don't need the Logitech Software for speed brake any longer... yepee!

I like how using this MOD controls the Speed Brake because I can extend and retract with no delay. Using Logitech/Saitek software requires me to wait 2.8 seconds before I can retract the speed brake again.

Edited by YSIAD_RIP
Added details.
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

• 1 month later...

Speed Brake programming

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark