Harrier timeline

Raptorx7

Can the devs tell us where the Harrier is in the priority list for next year?

RAZBAM is working on overhauling the Mirage after some tips from the French Airforce, and they are also actively working on the F-15 and MiG-19. It was my understanding that the AV-8B was supposed to be finished by the end of this year?

I'd just like to set my expectations, thanks.

Yes, the Mirage was supposed to be overhauled and the Harrier finished by the end of the year, but the MiG-19 was also supposed to release this year. I suppose that last one cost them more resources then they thought in the first place, thus pushing back pretty much everything since they only have two systems coders AFAIK. Expect the M2K and Harrier to be up for a nice upgrade right after the Mig-19 drops, Im pretty sure they are already doing stuff for it on the sidelines and maybe already full time as the Mig enters its finishing up state as far as features and systems go.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Hi guys

The Harrier is having it's bugs fixed by a new member of the team so will continue to get fixed no matter what is happening to the other airframe.

The mirage is scheduled to have an overhaul starting next month and then all resources will be on the Harrier.

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

Yes, the Mirage was supposed to be overhauled and the Harrier finished by the end of the year, but the MiG-19 was also supposed to release this year.

DCS projects, just as any other project, (building a house is a good example) are seldom if ever completed in the original timeframe. Best to think of them as aspirations. :thumbup:

Hi guys

The Harrier is having it's bugs fixed by a new member of the team so will continue to get fixed no matter what is happening to the other airframe.

The mirage is scheduled to have an overhaul starting next month and then all resources will be on the Harrier.

Good info. Tnx Decoy.

IIRC someone asked for an official list of currently outstanding items planned for the Harrier.

I don't recall seeing an answer but would find that very helpful even if no target dates are given.

Cheers.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

3570K w/ 16GB, 1070 w/ 8GB @ 1440p, VKB Gunfighter/MCG-Pro & T-Rudder Mk.IV, CH ProThrottle, TrackIR 5, HTC Vive, UniversRadio, VoiceAttack, TacView Pro, DCS Menu Nav

F/A-18C, F-5E, F-86F, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Ka-50, SA342, P-51D, Spitfire Mk.IX, Bf109, Fw190, FC3, CA, Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy, WW2 Assets

Hi guys

Thanks for the communication and information! Keep it coming, it's appreciated! :-)

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline

Hi guys

Thank you!

DCS projects, just as any other project, (building a house is a good example) are seldom if ever completed in the original timeframe. Best to think of them as aspirations. :thumbup:

I am well aware of this :)

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Hi guys

Oh, so now we have to wait for another module before the AV8B gets it's development upgrades....good one! 1:st it was mig-19 now it's M2K & God knows how long it's going to take for the AV8B to be finished now!:doh:

The roadmap set 6 month's ago was to have a Finished Harrier by 2018. https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3536909&postcount=1 .

Before the release the time-frame given by Razbam was to have AV8B finished within a year. That was 1 of the selling points & for 1:st 7 months the development was steady...but then it went downhill. :thumbdown:

My trust in Razbam is totally gone!

The way I see it, all this talk was just fake marketing to sell the Harrier. :mad:

Razbam did it again, just as with the M2K. Fact: Promised a fast development, took our money, ignored AV8B development & didn't even come close to a "Finished Harrier" by 2018!

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

Razbam did it again, just as with the M2K. Fact: Promised a fast development, took our money, ignored AV8B development & didn't even come close to a "Finished Harrier" by 2018!

Along with every other module ever.

I think the running champion is 5 years of "multicrew feature in the future" for the Huey.

And yeah the M2K was released first, so....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

Hi guys

Well, that's a clear statement ... that you can rely on, hopefully. :thumbup:

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

I'd rather that they just finish the M-2000 first because to be fair it was released before the harrier. Get it 100% and then forget about it and move on to having more resources dedicated to the harrier.

I appreciate they have a guy full time on the harrier but RAZBAM could do with ticking modules off their to do list

Guys really. The Harrier is working fine most of the time. Sure some systems are still missing but you can complete most of the missions no problem.

And with the improvements and fixes they have introduced the last months, I don't see a reason to lose faith yet.

As Blizzard used to said before it was fagocited by Activision "it is done when it is done" or "Soon" whatever you prefer.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh, so now we have to wait for another module before the AV8B gets it's development upgrades....good one! 1:st it was mig-19 now it's M2K & God knows how long it's going to take for the AV8B to be finished now!:doh:

The roadmap set 6 month's ago was to have a Finished Harrier by 2018. https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3536909&postcount=1 .

Before the release the time-frame given by Razbam was to have AV8B finished within a year. That was 1 of the selling points & for 1:st 7 months the development was steady...but then it went downhill. :thumbdown:

My trust in Razbam is totally gone!

The way I see it, all this talk was just fake marketing to sell the Harrier. :mad:

Firstly thank you for your comment, i can understand the frustrations of Early Access. but remember its EARLY ACCESS like most other modules in DCS.

The Team are always trying to fix aspects that are broken and incorporate the missing features, but with the game getting better and better some features become harder and take longer to model.

In Relation to the Mirage, this aircraft will updated first, being released prior to the Harrier this is the logical step to completing the Aircraft.

What is DCS World Early Access?

Early Access is an option for you to play this module in an early state, but it will be incomplete with bugs. The time a product remains in Early Access can vary widely based on the scope of the project, technical hurdles, and how complete the module is when it enters Early Access. Eagle Dynamics and all of our third parties strive to make this period as short as possible. An Early Access module can be played on both the Open Beta and Release versions of DCS World. Once the module exits Early Access, you will automatically have the Release version.

Firstly thank you for your comment, i can understand the frustrations of Early Access. but remember its EARLY ACCESS like most other modules in DCS.

The Team are always trying to fix aspects that are broken and incorporate the missing features, but with the game getting better and better some features become harder and take longer to model.

In Relation to the Mirage, this aircraft will updated first, being released prior to the Harrier this is the logical step to completing the Aircraft.

Early Access is an option for you to play this module in an early state, but it will be incomplete with bugs. The time a product remains in Early Access can vary widely based on the scope of the project, technical hurdles, and how complete the module is when it enters Early Access. Eagle Dynamics and all of our third parties strive to make this period as short as possible. An Early Access module can be played on both the Open Beta and Release versions of DCS World. Once the module exits Early Access, you will automatically have the Release version.

DECOY, I'm sure most of the people here know what EA means. We already had big EA fails over time and those were enough to open up their eyes for future. I'm sure frusturation comes from the fact that RAZBAM left Harrier/M2K to develop Mig-19. I'm not judging business choices of RAZBAM but 2018 Roadmap was there. There are bugs that haven't got touched even a bit after last INS/GPS Map implementation and It was released around late August?. "Early Access" shouldn't mean okay guys we are done with this for a while see you guys next year.

DECOY, I'm sure most of the people here know what EA means. We already had big EA fails over time and those were enough to open up their eyes for future. I'm sure frusturation comes from the fact that RAZBAM left Harrier/M2K to develop Mig-19. I'm not judging business choices of RAZBAM but 2018 Roadmap was there. There are bugs that haven't got touched even a bit after last INS/GPS Map implementation and It was released around late August?. "Early Access" shouldn't mean okay guys we are done with this for a while see you guys next year.

+1

If they aren´t able to shedule enough resourcs to to finish what they started, then they bette should stick to one module at a time.

It´s not fair for paying customers do leave ne project (and here actually two) inordr to start a new one.

Progress on both the M2000C and AV-8B has been very slow.

The rebate for EA modules are not so high, that it can be used as an excuse.

Better leave the MIG-19 on hold until the two other modules are properly finished. At least I won´t buy more Razbam modules before the M2000C and Harrier shows much faster progress, cause I´m not going to make the same mistake three times.

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

DECOY, I'm sure most of the people here know what EA means

Thats the problem they dont, Next patch could quite easily introduce a new bug, Same as all the other modules, Its just easier to bash the dev, I think theres a few modules getting over hauled since entering 2.5.

Thats the problem they dont, Next patch could quite easily introduce a new bug, Same as all the other modules, Its just easier to bash the dev, I think theres a few modules getting over hauled since entering 2.5.

I'm not talking about bugs if I did that that entry would be 2 pages long. I'm talking about lack of FEATURE updates and RAZBAM leaving Harrier for months.

I'm not talking about bugs if I did that that entry would be 2 pages long. I'm talking about lack of FEATURE updates and RAZBAM leaving Harrier for months.

Ok sure but are we not still waiting for radar IFF on the F-18 is that not EA? How long as that been out now? Its a feature still missing tho.

Ok sure but are we not still waiting for radar IFF on the F-18 is that not EA? How long as that been out now? Its a feature still missing tho.

Coxy_99 I'd agree to you if ED left F/A-18C development in favour of F-16C Bl. 50 but those guys are clearly stating that "don't expect any news on other modules until we finish F/A-18C". Same thing can't be said for RAZBAM.

Early Access is an...

DECOY, EA wont save you from the pure fact that:

As others has said, it's not the EA that is the problem, it's the lack of FEATURE updates for +6 months.

When I bought the EA Harrier there was allot of promises that the development will be fast & the Harrier would be finished by 2018. That was 1 of the main selling points. Now, I could settle for some month's overdue.

But abandon the Harrier for +6 months is unacceptable & a breach of trust & contract. It's not even close to being finished.

And I don't feel frustrated, I feel deceived & fooled.

Is Razbam willing to get me a refund???

Be honest & stop dancing around the question, stop hiding behind EA & take responsibility. Otherwise we have nothing further to discuss.

So, please answer, or better yet let the decision maker answer:

Why did all the resources, eg. Zeus the lead programmer, just got shifted for another module & Razbam abandoned the Harrier FEATURE updates for +6 months?

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

abandon the Harrier for +6 months is unacceptable

Please see below 6 months worth of Updates, some updates take longer than others, hence why we now have the Bug Tracker to ensure we get the the issues and missing features.

Remember its only been out just over a year and still Early Access, Ifyou need help seeing the change logs please click here :

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=204693

Or

https://razbamsimulations.com/index.php/changelogs/harrier-changelog

Update June 1, 2018

Improved CCIP and CCRP logic

Corrected Laser Code issue

Enabled UFC Laser Code function updated

Corrected Altitude Sensor Selector preventing use of IRMAVs

Enabled Time Data function (work-in-progress)

Enabled UFC WPN function (work-in-progress)

Enabled UFC ALT function enabled (work-in-progress)

Corrected Drogue connector naming in KC-135 model

Update June 6, 2018

Updated KC-135B model

Updated UFC font

Update June 13, 2018

Added Single Mission - Fire Brigade

Added IRMAV Timeout for gimbal lock

Added HSED FP navigation

Updated KC-135 LODs

Quicksteer function enabled

Updated July 4, 2018:

Fixed external lights flashing inside of cockpit (disco strobe issue)

Fixed rain drops on HUD glass

UFC Waypoint edit and data entry logic

Waypoint edit via moving map and TDC

MPCD Compass radio logic

Updated LHA Tarawa model and collision model

Corrected braking force that was causing movement during 60% RPM engine check

Add keybindings for anti-ski and electrical from community (Peagle)

Added further keybindings and switch abstractions from community (LeCurvier and Nero.ger)

Removed duplicate and unused Engine Start and Engine Stop keybind, to initiate auto-start or auto-stop sequence use the commands in the "Cheat" section (default Win+Home and Win+End)

Update July 18, 2018:

TACAN Steering and Offset functionality

Fix AI aircraft slightly above ground for AV-8B

Fix AI aircraft slightly above ground for LHA spots

Corrected transducer behavior of altimeter setting

Corrected DECS switch positioning (was reversed from actual aircraft)

VREST pages implemented for BASIC, VL, and VTO pages (WIP)

Corrected SKID WCA should come on in NWS switch mode (indicating Anti-skid is off)

Correction to slip-ball behavior

Correction to turn indicator behavior

Improved brake effectiveness when rolling

Corrected unable to aerial refuel empty external tanks

EHSD Steering and Course Line

Updated Magnetic Heading Navigation

Corrected HUD crack texture

Update August 1, 2018:

Added ability to use smoke pods

Improved gains on clickable knobs and corrected direction of flood lamp control

Added HUD brightness control

Added LHA Tarawa guns enabled

Updated LHA Tarawa collision model

Update August 29, 2018:

NAV/INS updates including alignment and updates to the pocket guide with process (Complete but in testing)

VRST page updates (80% WIP some elements not populated or able to be controlled yet)

Corrected issue with max-G on HUD recorded with very high numbers from initialization on ground

Update September 26, 2018:

RWR volume control enabled

RWR contact status sounds updated and fixed.

RWR SAM lock sound bug fixed

Corrected color video showing on monochrome green display

Update October 7th, 2018:

Sidearm keeps lock when the aircraft is not pointing at the target. Fixed (testing)

Sidearm keeps lock after firing when another missile remains in the aircraft. Fixed (testing)

Sidearm does not have volume control (Sidearm and Sidewinder volume control also fixed)

Fixed Magnetic compass not moving when aircraft INS is not aligned is also fixed

Update November 21st, 2018:

Corrected RWR code not showing correctly for J-11A, F/A-18C Lot 20, SA-2, SA-3, Flat Face Search Radar, KJ-2000

Corrected Left wing Polygon defects

Corrected Right wing Polygon defects

Bomb Interval now working

KC-130 Fuel amount increased by 50%

Update December 20th, 2018:

Sidearm lock now breaks immediately after a target is destroyed.

Sidearm selected/Still fires a gun pod fixed.

Step logic and button is fixed.

Erroneous MAV information on MCPD.

MAVs reticles do not change color when changing polarity.

INRNG seems to be visible for MAV at this point.

Pushing step and then changing weapons carried over to next weapon.

Having an ITER pylon does not block step logic for other weapons.

Changed texture names from .bmp.dds and .tga.dds to .dds.

Updated Cockpit to have Shadow Casting.

Fixed Button 5 on UFC, wrong argument.

Fix Light Texture bugs.