Razbam monthly update videos

=DECOY=

Welcome to the First monthly update from Razbam, We will be providing monthly videos detailing the change-logs for the Harrier and Mirage. As well as information on the modules currently in development for DCS.

We will also conduct interviews with the team. So if you have any questions please leave them in the comments below and we will try to answer them in the next video.

Remember these videos will be driven by you the community, each month you get to choose what we talk about, So please let us know what you want us to talk about.

So what are we talking about in this video:

*Harrier and Mirage updates

*A quick look at the images and videos we have shown on our

website / Facebook and ED forum

* A first look at the changes we have created for the ALR-67(v) RWR , including epic new sounds.

* The first interview in this episode is with Ron the owner of Razbam.

Edited by =DECOY=

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

Great initiative Razbam :thumbup:

Very informative and interesting peak under the blanket. Thank you.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

awesome initiative, bet a lot of users don't have time to browse all news on different websites ... thanks !

Su34 & F111 a dream fullfilled in fsx...[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 5600, 1050ti, 16 GVram, win10 , TM W hotas&rudder, waiting for 1060/1070 price fall or a new gpu family..f*&9 miners :)

Just tuning in now...

Keeping your user base informed goes a long way. Great initiative. Really looking forward to them!

3570K w/ 16GB, 1070 w/ 8GB @ 1440p, VKB Gunfighter/MCG-Pro & T-Rudder Mk.IV, CH ProThrottle, TrackIR 5, HTC Vive, UniversRadio, VoiceAttack, TacView Pro, DCS Menu Nav

F/A-18C, F-5E, F-86F, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Ka-50, SA342, P-51D, Spitfire Mk.IX, Bf109, Fw190, FC3, CA, Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy, WW2 Assets

Nice. Please continue this series.

You asked for input on what to share next and I would like to vote for more information about the F-15.

I hope you dont only read the YT comments because there are people like me who can live without FB or YT account :)

I watched the whole video, and as a proud M2000 and AV8B customer of RAZBAM's I'm glad you guys are taking the initiative to reach out to the community more (something other 3rd party devs should start doing and take note of)

my vote, as I don't usually comment on youtube videos is the F-15E... More info on that because it was a big surprise to see how much work was done on it so far, and the Boeing license.

Very nice update I will be watching and waiting for INFO on F-15E strike eagle..

There are 2 categories of fighter pilots: those who have performed, and those who someday will perform, a magnificent defensive break turn toward a bug on the canopy. Robert Shaw

Very nice update I will be watching and waiting for INFO on F-15E strike eagle..

I really would like to know what year they are going for and thus what weapon systems we can expect to employ from it. We were told it would get the SNIPER targeting pod in the F-15E thread so that would put it around at least 2005. If they do 2006 we could get GBU-39 Small Diameter Bombs. We probably wont get AIM-9X or JHMCs though since those are just now going to the Strike Eagle.

Modules: FC3, A-10C, M2000C, MiG-21bis, F-86F, AV-8B NA, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, F-16C, F-15E, F-4E, A-29, Eurofighter Typhoon, A-6E, MiG-23MLA, Nevada, Persian Gulf, South Atlantic, Syria, Afghanistan

Specs: Intel i7 2600K, Nvidea GTX 980, 16GB RAM, NVMe SSD, Saitek X-55, TrackIR 5, Samsung Odyssey VR

So anyone have opinions on the IAI Dagger vs. Mirage IIIC?

I like the idea of a centrally mounted early model R-530 (they've been very satisfying to have one big stick in other sims! The limited capability of the missile really adds to satisfaction when it works).

Although to be honest - my priority is the JL-100 rocket pod. There is something hilarious about combining a fuel tank with a rocket launcher. Nothing like taking a half-empty fuel tank and lighting a rocket motor next to it!

Btw. Does anyone know if the CEM-1 pod was used operationally?

So anyone have opinions on the IAI Dagger vs. Mirage IIIC?

I like the idea of a centrally mounted early model R-530 (they've been very satisfying to have one big stick in other sims! The limited capability of the missile really adds to satisfaction when it works).

Although to be honest - my priority is the JL-100 rocket pod. There is something hilarious about combining a fuel tank with a rocket launcher. Nothing like taking a half-empty fuel tank and lighting a rocket motor next to it!

Btw. Does anyone know if the CEM-1 pod was used operationally?

About the JL-100 rocket pod, given its limited capacity and Mirage III fuel consumption, I think there is a high probability that the fuel part would be empty long before reaching target area :smilewink:

But it’s true it’s a weird idea...

Anyway, even though Mirage III CJ has been announced I’m crossing fingers for a change for Mirage III EA. (extensive Mirage III O documentation has been posted in other topic, it’s Australian Mirage III E)

I would prefer Mirage III C/ E other Dagger because of the radar (no radar on Dagger because it’s custom built Mirage 5).

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

+1 for more info of the F-15E! Especially; what block/year will the final version be based on, and could you guys imagine making your future campaigns be playable in signleplayer as well as in coop? The F-15 module would certainly be a prime example and testbed for coop campaigns!

My 0.02$

Not something I would have asked for as I think what we got on Information was sufficent already, but now that´s here you may as well keep it up!

- Nice, short Intro

- Representation is easy to listen to, easy to understand and had some great phrasing choices.

- The Interview I wish would have been trimmed somewhat with shorter, pre-recorded answers

- The Questions - I really don´t care who is asking them

- Overall lenght, too long in my opinion. 10 to max 15 Mins would be my sweet spot

As for next episode wishes - whatever you are willing to share about the F-15E.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

About the JL-100 rocket pod, given its limited capacity and Mirage III fuel consumption, I think there is a high probability that the fuel part would be empty long before reaching target area :smilewink:

But it’s true it’s a weird idea...

Ah... but a nearly empty tank has plenty of volume for aerosols to form and mixtures to reach optimal levels for explosion rather than fire! ;)

Question: AV-8B (and Mirage as I heard) is not finished while couple of new modules are creating by Razbam. Wasn't be better to finish fully those exisiting modules then making another one? I think it's frustrating for people to fly early access jets and to hear that another will be making in such way.

(I'm aware of new team members and the complexity of modules thus the time needed to make modules)

Question: AV-8B (and Mirage as I heard) is not finished while couple of new modules are creating by Razbam. Wasn't be better to finish fully those exisiting modules then making another one? I think it's frustrating for people to fly early access jets and to hear that another will be making in such way.

(I'm aware of new team members and the complexity of modules thus the time needed to make modules)

3D work is finished on Mirage and Harrier, Timghetta is working on F-15E 3D, Overstratos is working on MiG-19 3D and will do MiG-23 after that.

There is a team working on South Atlantic map (like mithandra)

Zeus is working on Harrier systems, CptSmiley has done the FM on Mirage and Harrier and some various systems stuff too.

Prowler111 is making the Tarawa (surely other things).

Forgive me for anyone I forgot...

So each one his task. 3D guys doesn’t need to wait for a project to be finished to start the next one. This is parallel working, it can be confusing but this is more productive than serial working flow where an issue stop everyone.

Mirage has been put on hold, but in the meantime they got an official agreement with French Air Force, so we can expect an upgrade after valuable input (openly available documentation is usually an issue for French fighters).

In the process, everyone is enjoying Tarawa or AI KC-130 (including Hornet pilots).

KC-135 BDA needs further code adaptation from ED to work (basket attached to moving boom).

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Great idea!

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

Mirage has been put on hold, but in the meantime they got an official agreement with French Air Force, so we can expect an upgrade after valuable input (openly available documentation is usually an issue for French fighters).

Did they actually officially secure an agreement with the AdA?

Modules: FC3, A-10C, M2000C, MiG-21bis, F-86F, AV-8B NA, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, F-16C, F-15E, F-4E, A-29, Eurofighter Typhoon, A-6E, MiG-23MLA, Nevada, Persian Gulf, South Atlantic, Syria, Afghanistan

Specs: Intel i7 2600K, Nvidea GTX 980, 16GB RAM, NVMe SSD, Saitek X-55, TrackIR 5, Samsung Odyssey VR

Did they actually officially secure an agreement with the AdA?

It has been announced on:

- Razbam Facebook

- EC 2/5 Île de France Facebook (last Mirage 2000C squadron)

- Timghetta paid a visit to the squadron, taking pictures/ videos and flying in the official simulator.

So yes, I think they got it :smilewink:

Mirage fanatic !

3D work is finished on Mirage and Harrier, Timghetta is working on F-15E 3D, Overstratos is working on MiG-19 3D and will do MiG-23 after that.

There is a team working on South Atlantic map (like mithandra)

Zeus is working on Harrier systems, CptSmiley has done the FM on Mirage and Harrier and some various systems stuff too.

[...]

He's also working on the new MIG19.

I can understand that some people are upset.

With the Harrier e.g. there are still many unsolved problems. Some have existed for over half a year.

But it is not our job to decide if RAZBAM is allowed to work on a new aircraft or not. As a developer, you probably have to continually expand your "product range", so you do not fail. And since this is not a multi-million dollar industry, few need to do a lot of work. That would be my theory.

The only question is how to communicate with customers in the meantime. In my opinion, the effort that has been made in such a video, should have been better invested in the forum.

There are quite a few bug reports which are simply not answered. Nobody knows if Razbam knows about it. This also leads to double or more postings on the same issue and the feeling that there is a standstill. The "known issues" thread was last edited in 2017.

Just answer briefly, then at some point add the bug to a list (known issues thread?) and (almost) all are happy.

And to get read text aloud in a video, well ...:music_whistling:

Just my 0.01 €

Great Idea, looking forward to future monthly updates.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.