su-25t HSI ILS needles NOT WORKING

kainhall

m doing the landing hard training mission.... the hsi just doesnt work...

the needles just set at full down and full left.... they do not track.

the 2 red flags... K and the upside down L go away.... im in landing mode... and right on glide slope.... yet i get nothing.

am i doing something wrong? do i need to activate the ils? i follow the training word for word... even watched a video that was made before patch 12.11... it worked their.

i think ED broke their own game again....

Edited by kainhall

From 1.2.11 I think, russian FC3 airplanes have real PRMG systems according to the real world. Only aerodromes with this system give you indications for an instumental nav cues in the HSI and the HUD.

Beslan doesn´t has a PRGM system, so you haven´t got any indications on the HSI.

Only military bases have PRMG systems: Krymsk, Krasnodar Center, Maykop and Mineralye (civil-military), I think.

Regards.

he game instructions say "some air fields dont have the full ILS system, but you can still use the HSI"

also.... this video shows it working... the first part is the "easy" landing... watch from about 5:00 on..... as he lands, the needles move from side to side as they should.

at around 7:00 he explanes that you wont have it on the HUD.... but you will have some sort of glide slope indication.

either that or the tut needs to be updated...

• 3 months later...

at around 7:00 he explanes that you wont have it on the HUD.... but you will have some sort of glide slope indication.

either that or the tut needs to be updated...

Yeah it's very confusing to have it not work like the instructor says it should. Wastes a lot of time trying to figure out what you're doing wrong only to find out it's borked. Probably not the best thing for retaining new people who just picked up the game.

иɪɢнтмдяᴇ

http://www.51st.org/

From 1.2.11 I think, russian FC3 airplanes have real PRMG systems according to the real world. Only aerodromes with this system give you indications for an instumental nav cues in the HSI and the HUD.

Beslan doesn´t has a PRGM system, so you haven´t got any indications on the HSI.

Only military bases have PRMG systems: Krymsk, Krasnodar Center, Maykop and Mineralye (civil-military), I think.

Regards.

+1 except swap Mineralnye Vody for Mozdok. So, in total only 4 support Russian ILS.

• 2 months later...

Still present in 1.2.16, which is a shame, as I wanted to use the Su-25T to teach ILS landings.

It's a strange bug. The ADI steering cues get the glide slope information but the HSI ILS bars - DO NOT.

Once the glide slope and localiser flags disappear from the HSI, the ADI steering cues will guide you to the glide slope. However the HSI ILS needles stay parked at the left and bottom throughout the landing.

I've only tested at Senaki so, am not sure what PRMG brings to the mix.

LandingPattern-BOX%20Bearings%20and%20Distance%20Su-25T_zpswxsj03mi.jpg

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080