[REPORTED]Kh-25ML Laser Missile guidance broken again

flanker0ne

Still persistent after yesterday's hotfix. No matter which laser mode the missile heads straight for the ground.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looking forward to it, Belsimtek!:thumbup:

+1 here also

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

+1

No chance to hit anything.:(

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, RX 6900 XT, 64GB RAM // Tobsen CM Kollektiv, VPC CM3 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Rudder Pedals, VPC T-50 CM2 + WarBRD Base  VR: HP Reverb G2

Helis: UH-1H / KA-50 3 / Mi-8 / Mi-24P / SA-342 / AH-64D  Jets: F-5E / F-14A/B / F/A-18C / MC-2000 / A-10C II / AV-8B / AJS 37 / MIG-21bis  / F-16C / F-15E / F-4E (soon)  WWII: Spitfire / WWII Assets Pack

Tech.: Combined Arms / NS430 / Supercarrier   Maps:  Nevada / Persian Gulf / Normandie / Syria / South Atlantic  Waiting for:  BO-105 / OH 58D / CH-47 Chinook / G.91R / Tornado IDS / A-7E Corsair II

gotta wonder if this also is the problem with shcval not snapping to target point using ingress point?

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.

• 3 weeks later...
  • ED Team

Please attach a track replay showing the issue.

In my tests I can not reproduce.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Please attach a track replay showing the issue.

In my tests I can not reproduce.

Х-25МЛ теперь летят тока в землю. (Крайняя бета)

[ATTACH]239428[/ATTACH]

:rolleyes:

Sorry, I don't speak English, so I use Google Translate.

• ED Team
:rolleyes:

thank you

I have reported to the team for checking

Edited by BIGNEWY

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 3 weeks later...

I came here to report the issue, as I'm getting inconsistent results in 2.5.6.52196 (in which this bug is meant to be fixed).

It's possible the issue is that I don't have the designate/range finder switch in the right position but I've never touched that switch before and the Kh-25L always worked.

However, I see that flankerOne said: 'autonomous and remote engagement modes'. Can I ask what this means? I didn't know there was more than one way to employ the weapon.

• ED Team

Hi

Laser track was fixed, however, we do have a problem with the second missile. The team are investigating.

thanks

• 2 months later...

MarcT-NL,

Your bug report is compounded by your incorrect use of the laser for the Kh-25ML. I needed some practice, but I was eventually able to take control of "25 1.trk" and strike both bunkers with the missiles. It does a weird lofting maneuver that is obviously not correct... but they both followed the guidance to the target. They're very finicky to use. :music_whistling:

EDIT: Another user reports that the loft is actually correct? I don't know...

I also don't understand the russian text that appears after the first missile hit.
Well, it's in the manual. I won't spoil it for you with the laser error, but I will tell you that "Пауза" is "Pause," and you need to let the laser (incorrectly used) cool down before the next use.
Edited by randomTOTEN

Con confirm that the missile is actually working ok.

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.