[FIXED] Rockets going long

Noctrach

As per title, when in a stable dive with pipper on target, rockets will go long.

The first rocket will land roughly at pipper position, but the rest of the volley will miss by a good 50+ feet.

Aiming the pipper significantly below the target will result in multiple direct hits.

RocketsFallLong.trk

RocketsFallLong2.trk

RocketsAimShort2.trk

RocketsAimShort.trk

Aye, I tested pulling just before the wings appear but the end result is pretty much the same.

I've ran the same tests about 15 times each to make sure it wasn't an error on the part of my flying.

If there's anything I'm missing in terms of expected functionality then I'd happily get enlightened ^^

Thanks for the report! I was able to replicate the issue. Will have to ask ED if they changed something with the atmospheric model or ballistics.

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

Atmospheric model had changed in DCS (which you can tell by looking at the target marker ring), the sight was calculated from middle of burst both lengthwise and height wise, and sight used non-calibrated IAS to solve ballistic calculations.

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

[FIXED] Rockets going long

We believe it was a bug that was introduced to the atmospheric model in DCS and we adapted our model to the bugged one and then they fixed the bug so I had to revert to the old model :)

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN