I've never seen in my life such detail in a flight simulator map

Simon1279

The Channel map is outstanding, i know it is designed for WW2 battles setting, but this map it's more than a total pleasure to fly with helicopters, the detail is amazing, this map could be even played with first person infantry combat in ArmA style due to its beautiful level of detail.

Playing with tanks (combined arms module) it's basically wonderful.

I wrote this post to personally say thank you for this map and its level and quality of detail to ED and the team behind this outstanding and amazing masterpiece they made.

Thank you very very much guys. :thumbup:

Edited by Simon1279
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I7 8700K @ 4.9 ghz, SSD 850 evo, MSI Z370 Gaming Pro, GTX 1080Ti, F/A-18C in the garage, F-16C in the backyard, F-14B in the garden

+1. The team that did it deserve a pat on the back for a job very well done.

• Like 1

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

2nd these comments , please don't change the map around and remove things or give us the option on which version of the map we can fly if you decide to change it. This is the best map so far, very happy with it.

• Like 1

The Channel map is outstanding, i know it is designed for WW2 battles setting, but this map it's more than a total pleasure to fly with helicopters, the detail is amazing, this map could be even played with first person infantry combat in ArmA style due to its beautiful level of detail.

Playing with tanks (combined arms module) it's basically wonderful.

I wrote this post to personally say thank you for this map and its level and quality of detail to ED and the team behind this outstanding and amazing masterpiece they made.

Thank you very very much guys. :thumbup:

Well said! +1

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

+1 It's a stunning map, well done ED.

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

I was impressed with Microprose F-19 barely runnable on my mighty Tandy 25 mhz monster computer!!!

Lines for runways, triangles for mountains. AND.. If you had a mega 30 mhz fire breathing machine you could enable the HIGH graphics settings which enable even more dots and random triangles.

Man you younger guys are living in what we old simmers thought was a hundred years off. I mean RAM being used for a hard drive!!

Wing Commander's panel having "wires" hang down and spark when getting damage had my jaw hitting the floor.

Just take ALL money. To recreate Vegas, Area 51 I would have laughed at you 20 years ago.

Edited by JIMJAM

I can only 2nd this. Last night I just drove a truck through Dover and up into the castle through the gate and was blown away by the visuals. ED should really consider full fidelity car and tank modules to fully utilize the potential of such beautiful maps. I can easily imagine some fun 1930/40s cross country race.

I do not know best if you look OrbX TE maps (I have GB South for X-Plane) or FS2020 maps but it is very good and I will recommend it. It run pretty well with Reverb VR.

can fly normal jets with it?

Yes, I did mission for F/A 18 with mission editor today. Only my WW2 airplane has no weapons (Free mustang).

Now when I have the channel map, I am tempted to buy some WW2 plane. I try wait to next sale :) Which one you recommended? Bf109 (G-2) has been in Finland airforce so it could be good choice to me. But if I want to be allied side, which one I should take?

Edited by Lucidus

Specs: Ryzen 5800X3D, 32 GB RAM, Geforce RTX 3080, Quest 2, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, MFG Crosswind rudder pedals

I too am blown away by this map. Been checking it out in the HUEY. Amazing detail which surpasses modern RTS and many FPS levels. It's a sheer joy to fly over low and slow. I've been into flight sims since the mid 80's and sub logic wire graphics on 8086's but this takes the cake. Well done everyone, and yes, its early release but please don't dumb it down. For me it finally has the detail required for helicopters and ground based activity. It certainly gives my poor old 4770k haswell a run with all 4 cores at 100% but it's still smooth @ 4.4ghz, 32gb of ancient 2013 ram and a 2080. Reminds me of how we used to use Flight Sim to "test" PC's :)

Took a Huey to see some things close up and was blown away as well. Sitting next to the Chain Home towers or hovering next to those is an experience. Didn't dare to land on those yet though... The landscape is just beautiful and it's pure fun to just fly around there.

Only thing that was weird was my chopper being on the hangar roof... wanted to spawn in one of those at Hawkinge, had to select take off from ground cold and move the thing to the hangar spot just to discover I'll be on that thing then. Well, at least I was able to hover taxi in there after landing. Not that this is being an issue with the map in particular. Had found myself on top of the hangars in PG as well after doing a repair in there.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I do not know best if you look OrbX TE maps (I have GB South for X-Plane) or FS2020 maps but it is very good and I will recommend it. It run pretty well with Reverb VR.

Yes, I did mission for F/A 18 with mission editor today. Only my WW2 airplane has no weapons (Free mustang).

Now when I have the channel map, I am tempted to buy some WW2 plane. I try wait to next sale :) Which one you recommended? Bf109 (G-2) has been in Finland airforce so it could be good choice to me. But if I want to be allied side, which one I should take?

P-47D. Stable, allround, fairly easy to fly for a warbird.

It seems like everyone's flying around in the Huey at the moment to soak in the details. I did the same myself last night. :D Yes, it's a bit slow and stuttering at times with my PC spec but I still found it massively enjoyable to just fly around and admire the scenery.

i5-11600K CPU, 64GB DDR4 RAM, XFX Speedster MERC319 AMD Radeon 6900 XT, Oculus Quest 2, HP Reverb G2

For £30 its a great, no fanstastic, helicopter playground but currently little more. There are just a few too many things missing to make it a great WW2 map (like any evidence of the war other than a few airfields and radar stations for instance). Same goes for it being a great map of England or France. Too many landmarks are currently missing and, with the expection of the one at dover castle, there is also seemingly a total absence of churches (someting certainly our English countryside and towns are full of) or even landmark Cathedrals. What it does have in abundance are those odd platforms with cylinders on them. Too many to be honest to too often repeated.

I really like the direction ED have gone with it and sometimes I do find myself going "wow" but, at present, I also find myself going "WTF" too often. I hope there is some maturing it can do.

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

Glad to see that you guys lilke it so much. I had intended to pick it up along with the Jug, But I'm gonna have to wait to get the map. Just too many things going on, money-wise. Grabbed the P-47 alone. But it looks great, and I will be grabbing this. I'm happy that ED did it, cause their Caucasas map is still one one the best in the sim.

• 2 weeks later...

It is a beautiful map, very immersive.

Thank you

W10 64

I7 4790k o/c to 4.6Ghz

Asus Maximus Ranger VII

24gb DDR3 RAM @ 2133

Asus Strix 1080ti OC

ASUS ROG G-sync 27" monitor

DCS on M2 drive Samsung 960 Pro

MS FFB2 with F-16 grip

CH pro throttle

MFG Crosswind pedals

TrackIR 5

3 x Bodnar button & axis boxes

The detail is outstanding. The date of the tunnel (1883 )was a nice touch.:thumbup:

That incline though... :fear:

Would not want to be on a train going down there!

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

I was impressed with Microprose F-19 barely runnable on my mighty Tandy 25 mhz monster computer!!!

Lines for runways, triangles for mountains. AND.. If you had a mega 30 mhz fire breathing machine you could enable the HIGH graphics settings which enable even more dots and random triangles.

Man you younger guys are living in what we old simmers thought was a hundred years off. I mean RAM being used for a hard drive!!

Wing Commander's panel having "wires" hang down and spark when getting damage had my jaw hitting the floor.

Just take ALL money. To recreate Vegas, Area 51 I would have laughed at you 20 years ago.

So true! The progress in simulation games in the last two decades is breathtaking.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)