Aircraft can't be belly landed?

Rolds

I'm attaching a track which is just one of a few tests I ran. With the bomb rack dismounted, the pilot seems to always die while the aircraft is sliding. With the bomb rack mounted, the plane catches fire, noses over and bounces around in a weird, glitchy looking way.

After several tests I wasn't able to belly land at all without the pilot dying, is this consistent with the experience of others?

Belly land problem.trk

I've just belly-landed with the bomb rack (the emergency jettison doesn't work). I lost one aileron and the rudder, and the propeller blades are bent backwards, but I'm alive.

I tried without the bomb pylon and I died both times. That surprises me. Without the bomb pylon the landing should be smoother.

All landings were on grass.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 3 weeks later...

I just had another instance where I belly landed the P51D, something I've done many times over the years, but the pilot dies a few seconds after the plane starts sliding just like what is happening when I try this in the Anton. I feel like some damage model change or something else has messed up how belly landing works. I really wish someone from ED would look at this.