New Fuel Tanks!

Shahriar0

Is there an option to skin them buried in the ME??

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

I don't see one.

Basically all my previously saved missions load the new skin for the tanks, as well as when I try to create a new mission, or even when I try to re-arm and select fuel tanks on the ground. Only these two new skins load! Gone are the old solid grey ones, it seems.

Does anyone else see this? I certainly haven't done anything to DCS but to upgrade to the latest open beta version whenever I'm prompted.

Hope this can be fixed soon.

Many thanks Sauerkraut for trying out.

It's bizarre that I am the only person who is affected! Still, I prefer that to a wide spread change in DCS. Problem now is that I have no idea what caused it, as I have not done anything to my install base. If/when I figure it out, I'll pass the info for sure.

Thanks.

• ED Team
Hi,

I just noticed that F-5E had gotten new fuel tanks, replacing the old standard ones. When did this happen, and more importantly why?? In my opinion, they look horrible, and we should go back to the what we used to have before.

Thanks.

Is this standard Iranian skin? Although the skin on your screenshot reminds 43rd TFS, it seems to differ from what I have in DCS. Do you use mod for skin?

Problem Solved!

After Sauerkraut and yourself hinted at a possible interaction with skin, I realized that recently I downloaded a new skin ( https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3302151/) to correct the color inaccuracy that was evident in the standard IRIAF skin. I ventured into its Description file and noticed two lines that I now realize were responsible for the fuel tank changes. I wish I had looked at the configuration files before posting this thread.

All is good again and thanks.

2060917389_StandardFuelTanks.jpg.18af42ff16da630e4a79ad886c07d27e.jpg