Hornet mini-update?

AvroLanc

Is it too impolite to suggest a Hornet mini update might be overdue?

It’s fair to say the last update was on the 26th March, and as communication over the last 6 months has been so good, a lack of updates is noticeable.

I appreciate that hornet features may now come every 4 weeks instead of every 2. However, a quick recap of where we are now and what to expect over next couple updates would be amazing.

hornet mini updates are now once a month

I'm not sure about this.

New features are now once a month, this doesn't mean Wag's mini updates will or should be. Back when the features were planned every 2 weeks, the mini-updates were frequently more often than that. Which is why it's a little surprising there hasn't been one for a while.

However, I agree that Wag's deserves a holiday and hopefully we'll see an update soonish.

Edited by AvroLanc

I was about to ask the same thing. Plus, I'm ok with the new feature of Hornet comes once a month but a patch? Is it released once a month too? HARM is quite unusable right now, the Cat stability also needs to be improved etc. I'm not complaining really, just asking. Things getting pretty slow right now.

Thanks

Edited by Oceandar

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

It's Easter for goodness sake. I am sure a Hornet mini-update will be on the cards soon. :) The Hornet has had quite a bit of new and improved stuff added recently.

Intel i7-8700K | Asus Maximus X Formula | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gainward Phoenix GTX1070 GLH | Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 1 x 250GB OS & 1 x 500GB Games | Corsair RM750x 750W | Corsair Carbide Air 540| Win10 | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz | Custom water loop: CPU EK-Supremacy EVO, GPU EK-GTX JetStream - Acetal+Nickel & Backplate, Radiator EK-Coolstream PE 360, Pump & Res EK-XRES 140 Revo D5, Fans 3 x EK-Vardar 120mm & 2 x Corsair ML140 140mm

We get updates, be it build updates or mini-updates, when they have something to show or release. As simple as that. And then it can be every 2 weeks, 4 weeks, 6 weeks, 8 weeks. Who knows. Its there when its there.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Im a little bit confused about those updates now...So we will get standart 2 weeks DCS updates now + separate monthly update especially for Hornet?

Or am I wrong?

What i understand is that hornet changes will come once a month, that does not mean that every 2 weeks we get the regularly DCS patches with bug fixes and new features. In those, the changes concerning the F18 will be included every 2.

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

I'm not sure about this.

New features are now once a month, this doesn't mean Wag's mini updates will or should be. Back when the features were planned every 2 weeks, the mini-updates were frequently more often than that. Which is why it's a little surprising there hasn't been one for a while.

However, I agree that Wag's deserves a holiday and hopefully we'll see an update soonish.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3859226&postcount=149

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.

Seen it thank you.

I think we need to make a distinction between the actual OB updates and Wag’s progress updates. I only ask because the mini written progress updates have been so frequent and useful over the last 6 - 7 months that their absence over the last few weeks has been noticeable. (Not unduly concerning....just noticeable).

Wasn't he at a trade show? Doubt he had time to do an update then prepare for and attend a trade show.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

why is it so hard to accept things as they are

Weren't you the guy who literally wanted a refund just a week before the final F-14B release date has been announced? rainbowdashwink.png

No offense, just had that swirling around in my mind... ajmug.png

I guess there are just things coming together that add up. Mainly they're going to take more time for new Hornet features, so we'll also see mini updates less frequently. Might add that with the two weeks schedule, we got 2-3 mini updates per week, so it's not surprising to see someone asking almost a months after Wags said something like "Sorry, we planned something, but we need more time now to get it right, so you guys don't get it yet" (eventually we got those JDAMs already). And probably there's just nothing new to show as of yet and we still know what to expect in the near future, which apparently didn't change.

But then again, it's Easter, then there's that trade fair rumor (I just picked it up right here and actually I don't know, so bear with me on my wording). And at least I've got enough to do with the Tomcat at the moment... I'd just wish the HARMs get fixed soonish. And, not related to any specific module, I'd just like to get my fps back without downgrading to pre-28461 (which actually works, I tested it, so the issue is clearly on ED's end).

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

no, i'm not at odds with myself. i suppose it escaped you that i could at once be both be dismissive of announcements yet confident of the actual product at the same time.

what i did say was that cobra had ruined any semblance of credibility in naming dates. you made a leap of logic beyond that, by yourself, in your zealousness.

topics like this one rankle me because i think the eagerness for updates ultimately point towards development into an unhealthy addiction. it's good to be passionate about the hobby but for both your (not aimed at anyone personally here) own sake and for the devs i think if you find yourself looking for the content dripfeed fix you should check yourself out for a while. addictions will only end up hurting both parties, there is a limit to how often devs can meet your desires.

life goes on without the "dev gods" answering your prayers.

Edited by probad
i fully expect you guys to disagree with my feelings though so carry on

With the extra time, they get more opportunity to iron out problems and present a more complete component. Hopefully this will be the case with TWS if we get it in the next Hornet OB update.

F/A-18C; A-10C; F-14B; Mirage 2000C; A-4E; F-16C; Flaming Cliffs 3

no, i'm not at odds with myself. i suppose it escaped you that i could at once be both be dismissive of announcements yet confident of the actual product at the same time.

what i did say was that cobra had ruined any semblance of credibility in naming dates. you made a leap of logic beyond that, by yourself, in your zealousness.

Looks like the usual scraping of language barriers to me and it's good that you wrapped it up. That's why I put that "no offense" thing in the first place. And regads to naming dates, I've yet to see a serious company or anyone actually being honest with that right away as it usually takes more than one approach to get there. And not only in Sim/Gaming/Software - it's an issue literally everywhere, because mankind absolutely tends to overestimate itself by light years (which is a motor that drives creativity and strife for effort), and simply because life happens. Basically, what I want to say is, I get your point there ajmug.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I don't have any problems with HARMs ..they works just fine. We only need PB mode and everything will be great.
Do you fly stable or OB version. If OB please make a track, I'd love to see it.

Thanks

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze