Severe performance issues after the last update

After the latest update DCS got unplayable for me. The loading times have increased dramatically and when i am in the aircraft it stutters so much that it becomes impossible to do anything. This always happens on mulitplayer and almost always in singleplayer missions. Before the update everything ran smooth at ~50-60 fps. At first I thought the game might have a problem so I installed DCS completely new, but that didn‘t help. Then I checked if my software had any problems, however no better results after that. Now I am thinking about an SSD storage upgrade, because I run it on a HDD. Does anyone know anything what i can do?

My system specs: i7 8750H @2.20 gHz, GTX 1060, 16 GB ram, running on HDD

Ka 50 - MIG 21 - FW 190 D9 - SU 27 - F15 - F 16

Definitely get an SSD. I have the 1060 with an AMD CPU OCd at 4.3 ghz and I struggle with frames. I would try and get a CPU that runs at least 4ghz.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Amd Fx 8350 4.3 GHz - MSi Gtx 1060 6gb - 16gb DDR3

A-10C - AV8B - F-5E - Mig-21 - FC3 - CA - UH-1H - Black Shark - AJ3-37 - M-2000C - F-16C Viper - F-86F - Spitfire - Fw-190 - F/A-18C - F-14 - Normandy - NTTR - Persian Gulf

Definitely get an SSD. I have the 1060 with an AMD CPU OCd at 4.3 ghz and I struggle with frames. I would try and get a CPU that runs at least 4ghz.

The strange thing is everything worked beautiful before the update.

Ka 50 - MIG 21 - FW 190 D9 - SU 27 - F15 - F 16

After the latest update DCS got unplayable for me. The loading times have increased dramatically and when i am in the aircraft it stutters so much that it becomes impossible to do anything. This always happens on mulitplayer and almost always in singleplayer missions. Before the update everything ran smooth at ~50-60 fps. At first I thought the game might have a problem so I installed DCS completely new, but that didn‘t help. Then I checked if my software had any problems, however no better results after that. Now I am thinking about an SSD storage upgrade, because I run it on a HDD. Does anyone know anything what i can do?

My system specs: i7 8750H @2.20 gHz, GTX 1060, 16 GB ram, running on HDD

Did you delete fxo and metashaders2 folders? What in general helped me, as the update to 2.5.6 caused a big performance drop on my pc, was to start with a new DCS.openbeta user folder. To test if that has any effect, you could rename the folder, so you can easily revert back, if it didn't help.

His CPU has a Max. Turbo-freq of 4.10 GHz.

Hello julimonkey,

I own a gtx 1060 too

And i am quite happy with open beta

I noticed better performances with 3xx d

Nvidia drivers

My point of view is 3xx are good for gtx series and 4xx good for rtx series

For a first step

You should try to revrrt to 3xx

Reset all nvidia settings

Chose maximum performances on quality and energie

And see if it's playable or not in a simple mission

Next step will be about disabling tracking replay and hot plug devices

Next step to be continued...

Edited by fab.13

Hello,

I noticed this problem with the Nvidia driver 445.75. It's necessary to install a previous version driver.

My nvidia driver is 441.87 and still big fps drop on 2.5.6. Nice try but no can do.

Maybe I will try 3xx version and see

edit: never mind nvidia not having any 3xx drivers available for download anymore, except one beta version (no thanks)

Anyway my nvidia driver works very well in beta 2.5.5 and other games, so that is not the solution.

How do we disable track replay in dcs?

Edited by vracan

Hello

For information, I noticed a drop of around 25 FPS on the same sequence (F18 awaiting takeoff from aircraft carrier) between version 2.5.6 (open) and 2.5.5.

By disabling the shadows in version 2.5.6 we recover all of the FPS !?

yes but disabling shadows always gives great fps boost.In other words, now to have back the same performance we need to disable shadows?

no thanks I love shadows, especially in VR. ,at least flat shadows!

Hello

For information, I noticed a drop of around 25 FPS on the same sequence (F18 awaiting takeoff from aircraft carrier) between version 2.5.6 (open) and 2.5.5.

By disabling the shadows in version 2.5.6 we recover all of the FPS !?

[sARCASM] Also, having a CPU that runs at 6.5-7 GHz would make you have performance comparable to 2.5.5... [/sARCASM]