Is it possible to change NS-430 2D pop-up window position?

Bobby

Hello,

Did anyone manage to change position of the NS-430 2D pop-up window anywhere else than lower right corner ? :helpsmilie:

I use 3 monitors 2 are in vertical setup 2560x2160 and one is on right side for MFD-s. So I need to set ingame resolutinon to 4540x2160

Most of the time the NS-430 2D window is hidden in the right lower corner and I cant move it.

I would like to have NS-430 2D window in upper left or lower left corner of my display...

:pilotfly:

• Like 1

Yes. In the upper left corner of the Pop out, the is an icon the looks like a full page icon. If you hold your mouse cursor over that icon and hold your left mouse button, you can move the Pop up window anywhere you like on the screen. It worked for me today. Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I have the same problems.. that GPS won't pop up anywhere in the Mi-8 even pressing the Lalt + Lshift + B

And then I just realized that the "NS430 allow" options for the Mi-8 in the Editor has been disabled.

I get it fixed by click on "NS430 allow" and then it just working fine.

• 3 months later...

Hi there, I had the same problem. However, when you are in game hit Alt+Enter. This changes the mode into single screen (I have a 4screen T-setup) and there you will find the pop up window. Drag and drop it in the middle of the cockpit and hit Alt+Enter again. After that you can position it where you want it. Unfortunately DCS will not remember the position after a restart. You have to do it again.

Cheers LG

• Like 1

LG_Barons Thanks, was using spacedesk with an android phone but your solution is much better.

Thanks

Asus G11CD I7-6700 3.4GHz, DDR4 32GB, GTX1660TI,1TB SSD, 55 inch Vizio 4K TV, Logitech X56 controllers, Logitech Rudder Pedals, TrackHat, DSD Series – FL2 Switch controller, Monect PC Remote, and AInstruments on Android tablets

• 1 year later...
On 10/31/2019 at 8:01 AM, LG_Barons said:

Hi there, I had the same problem. However, when you are in game hit Alt+Enter. This changes the mode into single screen (I have a 4screen T-setup) and there you will find the pop up window. Drag and drop it in the middle of the cockpit and hit Alt+Enter again. After that you can position it where you want it. Unfortunately DCS will not remember the position after a restart. You have to do it again.

Cheers LG

MATE!! Love Your Work!!

This has been eluding me for ages, I'm a multi-monitor guy as well, never thought to try Alt Enter!

Thanks a million LG!

Cheers, Nick

• 1 year later...
On 3/29/2019 at 11:15 PM, SmilingBandit said:

Unfortunately my setup doesn’t even have the bottom right corner visible. The module is unusable for me until they can figure this out. Not that they seem in a hurry to do anything with it.

And here we are in 2022. Nothing has changed. Still no way of editing the position of the thing.

• 2 weeks later...

I am able to specify the location I want the NS430 display to appear - no alt-enter, no dragging and resizing.

In the NS430\cockpit\scripts folder (note - not the aircraft specific folder) find the NS430_init.lua file. 

Add the usual dofile viewport handling and try_find_assigned_viewport lines you'd use for any other export (Lines 2 and 7 in my file). And, of course, add a viewport with matching name to your monitor config file with the co-ords you want, again just like any other export.

For aircraft with cockpit integration the NS430 display will appear at your specified location automatically. For aircraft without, it'll appear at that location when you trigger the close look command instead of the default bottom right which is often off-screen on multi-monitor setups. (I'm running 5 monitors and have the usual un-utilized strip where the display appears normally)

ETA - this only exports the display itself, not the display and bezel so it's not useful if you want to control the unit via mouse. Very useful however if you have some sort of button box to control the unit.

NS430_init.lua

Edited by Scott-S6
Additional detail
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 7 months later...
On 4/24/2022 at 1:59 PM, Scott-S6 said:

I am able to specify the location I want the NS430 display to appear - no alt-enter, no dragging and resizing.

In the NS430\cockpit\scripts folder (note - not the aircraft specific folder) find the NS430_init.lua file. 

Add the usual dofile viewport handling and try_find_assigned_viewport lines you'd use for any other export (Lines 2 and 7 in my file). And, of course, add a viewport with matching name to your monitor config file with the co-ords you want, again just like any other export.

For aircraft with cockpit integration the NS430 display will appear at your specified location automatically. For aircraft without, it'll appear at that location when you trigger the close look command instead of the default bottom right which is often off-screen on multi-monitor setups. (I'm running 5 monitors and have the usual un-utilized strip where the display appears normally)

ETA - this only exports the display itself, not the display and bezel so it's not useful if you want to control the unit via mouse. Very useful however if you have some sort of button box to control the unit.

NS430_init.lua 511 B · 32 downloads

Do you know if there is a way to only show the viewport? When I push the key to show the viewport alto shows the window so I have two ns430.