I suck at AAR

shaHeen-1

If you suck at AAR, you're doing it right. Just suck it all in and you're good to go! :smilewink:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

so do i.....<and thats NOT funny > what should the curves be on the thrustmaster warthog throttle be for the BEST/Optimal results?

please pm me ..thanks in advance cheers!

AMD FX-8350

PALLIT GeForce GTX 1080 [ NVIDIA]

CRUCIAL MX500 1TB SDD

DELL P4317Q 43"

TRACK IR

Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Viacom VoiceAttack

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I do not use any curves, I hooked up first try - (after using the quick fix for comms, etc) bounced around a bit, came unhooked several times. I may have benefited from practicing the last few weeks with all the other jets that are capable of AAR. The F-16 gets me frustrated, can not stay on the boom long enough sometimes to take fuel. I think after "mucho practico" it becomes easier. I take what seems like forever to creep up on the tanker, and have gotten better with my control inputs. Good luck, it is good fun for sure

The F-16 gets me frustrated, can not stay on the boom long enough sometimes to take fuel.

Is the additional grip modeled in the boom refueling? As once boom operator makes the contact with you, you can almost take hands off as you are now part of the tanker and you fly as one with it. It is often said that it is easiest way of refueling as your stick movements doesn't affect so much.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Which tanker does the JF-17 use for AAR, Russian tanker or NATO?

Im not entirely certain but since China had Jeff so I just put down a tanker and changed its faction to China. So pretty much any tanker you can put down with China.

Lol might be my shitty logitech stick but I had to put curves of 40 to finally hit the basket intentionally XD.

Key tip: height of probe is same as top of hud. Align it with basket when close.

You only need more times and practices. Just get the feeling of it. Trust me you'll get there eventually. I once was like you, AAR felt so frustating but not anymore.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Set some curve and set the tanker at M0.7 should be better.

Thanks for the tip, will try it :thumbup:

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I dont use any of those tricks. I dont even use curve whatsoever, its all pure stock setting. As I said, it can be done with more practices. Using autopilot or whatever probably only making a bad habit. Practice makes perfect.

And an expensive hotas with 0 jitters. That helps too.
104th Maverick uses the same Logitech joystick as you do. Look at his all refueling video tutorials on Youtube.

Ok, so I tried to refuel with IL-78 and no problem. I tried with US counterparts and no joy, even tough there is a film on youtube where guy shows how to do AAR in JF-17 using KC-130. Is there something I need to configure in editor to be able to do that?

Hello,

Air-Air Refueling was always a task that I had avoided on DCS, but now that I'm trying to edit a Training mission for AAR on the Jeff, I find that I suck at it too :cry:

sMjGFUN.jpg

XzdvBBC.jpg

E07E3hq.jpg

I increased my Stick curves (previously I had it with no curves), and have tried half a dozen times without managing to plug the probe not even once :doh: .. I wonder how other people (like 104 Maverick) make it seem easy ... it is not.

Well, will keep practicing, but I'm taking a break now because my arm hurts (my TM Cougar has fairly stiff springs, it is a real workout flying in formation).

I'd love to hear from you guys, some more tips for learning this skill :thumbup:

Thanks,

Eduardo

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Jeff is harder to refuel than any plane maverick flies. Hitting the basket is actually a lot more about fine throttle control than the joystick. And Jeff has a slow spooling engine so it requires even smoother throttle control otherwise it will easily over speed or lag.