Tomcat not useable with Supercarrier?

Donut

So the carrier crew is confirmed to interact with the F-14 on ship and the specific landing procedures for this jet will be available with the supercarrier? Unless there is not difference at all between the landing calls and procedures for tomcat and hornet.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 III ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - LOW EXPERIENCE - ABANDONED

Have to recompile every time the version is updated?

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

No, ED made a new branch to build the carrier in, HB needs to put the Tomcat in that branch so they can finish development and testing. This new branch will be integrated back into main before it hits the OB that we'll see. This is all normal game dev stuff.

Edited by r4y30n

No, ED made a new branch to build the carrier in, HB needs to put the Tomcat in that branch so they can finish development and testing. This new branch will be integrated back into main before it hits the OB that we'll see. This is all normal game dev stuff.

Along these lines, yes.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

But we have no guarantee that this will all be available upon the launch of the supercarrier module. What are the chances of F-14 to be supported from day one?

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 III ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

But we have no guarantee that this will all be available upon the launch of the supercarrier module. What are the chances of F-14 to be supported from day one?

99.67823 %

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

99.67823 %

This is really good news! Once ED showcases some actual gameplay footage and provide additional clarity regarding deck crew, I will definitely get the supercarrier module.

This is really good news! Once ED showcases some actual gameplay footage and provide additional clarity regarding deck crew, I will definitely get the supercarrier module.

Naturally we'll do anything from our side we can to make that happen, and what is required from us. We do intend and hope this will be the case on launch of the supercarrier.

Heatblur Simulations

• ED Team
Nothing, except the F14 and the supercarrier existing on the same version of DCS. We are working on compiling the F14 for EDs development branch.

Ah, good news, looking forward to being able to test it and make sure the Tomcat guys can play as well.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Does anyone else think the relationship between ED and Heatblur just seems strange?
I'd rather get the impression conflicting comments above between IronMike and Cobra but thats probably due to my bad English thou.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

It's 2 businesses that have been successful so far. I think that leadership in both realize that it's mutually beneficial for both to insure this happens. Not knowing details of the relationship I do know;

1. DCS has shown it does a good (great) job developing and supporting the sim community (almost inarguably the best sim available).

2. Heatblur has a good (great) product as evidenced by us and our desire for the product and IronMike's comments to support and develop the product for us.

3. Obviously technically possible.

So the business details will be worked out with both having the same goals, make money through serving customers. Whether it gets done at launch time of SC isn't really relevant, just know that it will be done in a time frame to accomplish the mutual goals as successfully as possible. Imo of course.

Now, how do i start this thing!

Edited by Ddaddy
grammar

R5 2600 @4.2 GHZ, 16GB ram @ 3133, 1060 6GB at 2100 and 4400 970 Evo, TM16000M FCS Flight Pack and old eyes. Just an old Hillbilly that does what he wants when he wants...if I can get out of bed!

99.67823 %

.4% chance?

tenor.gif?itemid=11098164

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Does anyone else think the relationship between ED and Heatblur just seems strange?

I mean, it seems to be the way ED does everything so it's consistent.

I get the impression that like a lot of non-big class A Development company projects, not a lot of inter-documentation is happening. With the stuff I've had to do with Coder/Computer Science types, getting any documentation was always like pulling teeth. So their code was always a big spaghetti bowl full of surprises. It Worked, but sometimes even they couldn't fully tell you why.

Everything is fine gents, and nothing was meant to contradict. As cobra said, we need to make it available for intergration in a certain branch, and that is what we will do, and as Nineline said, then we will test/ adjust what is necessary. We do hope that all this will lead to it being available to work with the supercarrier from day one, unforeseen possibilities excluded.

No need to concern yourselves with ED/Heatblur relationships, gents. I know the drama lama never sleeps, hehe, but all is good. :-)

Heatblur Simulations

I have been very critical of Heatblur in the past. I have to say, I was wrong. You guys are relentless. Everything you guys put out is above expectations.

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

99.67823 %

hahaha! Lawyers and Devs..... Lawyers and Devs... hehehehehehe

I've been confident all all along that it will be just fine.

F-14B, A-10C,F-18C Lot 20, F-16C, UH-1H, SA342, Spitfire LF Mk IX, F-15C, Mig-29, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf

i9 9900k 5.0GHz, 32GB RAM, 1080Ti, Rift S, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind pedals, Dual Monitors 4K & 1080

Every Day, Someone Uses Cute Krispy Snacks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Without having any way to know the details of their relationship, I hesitate to make any assumptions in that regard.

Man, I wish more people did this.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

I mean, it seems to be the way ED does everything so it's consistent.

I get the impression that like a lot of non-big class A Development company projects, not a lot of inter-documentation is happening. With the stuff I've had to do with Coder/Computer Science types, getting any documentation was always like pulling teeth. So their code was always a big spaghetti bowl full of surprises. It Worked, but sometimes even they couldn't fully tell you why.

I wish people with zero understanding of software would refrain from commenting on it.

We are not "coders" - we are software engineers who have spent years studying and becoming experts at what we do.

If you think the code is "spaghetti" maybe it's because people keep making silly demands of us to deliver a project last week.

I'm sick of non-software people thinking they know anything about it because "they work with Computer Science types".

Edited by Tiger-II

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."