Slew AGM-65F

Slewing the maverick TV (by button, axis) too imprecise?

Trying the new TV Mavericks, great fun, now we’re talking.

But, slewing the maverick TV (by button, axis) seems too imprecise?

The slewing by a designated button hold/repeat is too fast, perhaps needs an accelerator, and be slow at the start for small movements.

Binding to a joystick HAT axis (Logitek G940) produces rather haphazard movements.

Or am I missing something? Anyone tried these and can lock 65 missiles somewhat with ease (as in quickly and with some precision)?

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also the bug section as there was plenty of disgust posted in there,, including myself.

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

TDC slewing of the Maverick seeker will be addressed in the next patch... look for it to improve on the 19th of December.

You might want to check the Mini Updates sticky thread.

great news, thx

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

Maverick controls are awful?

Hi everyone,

I've noticed now that I can't slew the Maverick seeker unless I'm holding down the TDC cursor switch on the throttle (target lock).

Also, the Maverick slew control moves in large jumps, making it impossible to designate a specific ground target. The Maverick seeker jumps all over the place, and I just have to settle for whatever target it happens to grab (if any at all).

Is it supposed to be like this? It's gotten worse in a recent update, now I can't slew Maverick seekers at all unless I hold down target lock.

It seems that the A-10C has good Maverick slew control, but the F/A-18 is terrible.

Any insight?

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

I believe ED already said they are aware and looking into it.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

ED has answered our prayers! Thanks guys! Appreciate the flexibility!

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3720837&postcount=101

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

The slew rate for AGMs will prob change in a future patch.

I really hope so. It's very impractical at the moment. Did my first tries today, absolutely no problem with that depress thing (using a modifier + FFB2 hat and trigger as depress for TDC control). But the slew itself... the rate is insane, talk about PGM again while it literally jumps like 100m back and forth on the controls in no time. Then, trying to get it more precise by just tapping the hat shortly - either it still jumps or absolutely nothing happens at all if the tap was too quick. Actually I ended up trying to stabilize the cross on a target by raw flying and uncaging while holding it as steady as possible, then just using TDC depress to establish a lock, with a higher rate of success than trying to slew the thing.

Nevertheless, things like these are expected in early access and I'm glad I can do the testing here, still had fun trying to deploy those. And Wags announced fixes already for the next update, but he also clearly mentions the TMWH axis/depress thing whereas I didn't even uses axis control. I have no doubt that this eventually will work fine, probably after one or two OB updates.

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I have a TM warthog throttle with Deltaalphalima1's analogue stick mod (here) , I can not get the Maverick slew to go up/down or left/right, it only works in diagonals.

Which is odd because the slew on my MCG pro does seem to at least go in the right direction, but I'm in full agreement that the control is awful at the minute, I can't get it on any target without it being luck.

Not bothered that having to hold TDC down is realistic, I'd like to see it removed, or an option to remove it at least, pleeeeeaaaaasssseeeee!!!.

My joystick is not 100% equal to the real f18c joystick so i moved my weapons select switch somewhere els.

But i use the weapon select switch from the image / (also known as recce button )to act as the button that need to be pressed, while i slew the maveric "tgp" with a pov on my power joystick.

My pov do have a build in keyboard press, but i dont know how to make it work that way and also it just feel more natural to do it the way i do. ;-)

The keyboard button you need to hold in are by the way ( enter )

( i have the virpil vpc-warbrd wit ha t-50 handle i think its called and the t-50 mongoost power joystick )

1477440672_picture2(2).jpg.af38b160ad14c1a1e2d642064e033a6a.jpg

i don't understand that why mav slew is so corrupted whereas AA radar can be slewed perfectly

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I have a Warthog throttle and have been playing with TDC slew a great deal. I find that the major issue with AGM-65F slew is NOT the hold-down feature, but the invariable and fast slew rate. The TDC slew control functions like a button, not like an axis, which should vary the rate as the mini-stick moves from center. I tried setting the axis curve to 50 and observed no difference. By all accounts DCS is working hard on a fix.

Just to add that AA radar slew axes function properly, just as one would expect.

Edited by Habu_69

I have a Warthog throttle and have been playing with TDC slew a great deal. I find that the major issue with AGM-65F slew is NOT the hold-down feature, but the invariable and fast slew rate. The TDC slew control functions like a button, not like an axis, which should vary the rate as the mini-stick moves from center. I tried setting the axis curve to 50 and observed no difference. By all accounts DCS is working hard on a fix.

Indeed, hence I'm going to hold off mucking around. I'll just await the patch to see what it brings. :joystick:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Did you see Wag's latest post on this. They are going to provide an option that you can slew without the depress. Not accurate to our gen Hornet but only way they can solve it. Apparently quite a bit of code so might not be in this weeks patch.

i am ok with slewing by pressing depress. but they need to get the slew rate very slow

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I have the DeltaAlphaLima 1. It makes slewing much easier to control than the original Warthog nipple, but it does not change the basic behavior issues with AGM-65F slewing.

Oh, and installation was relatively simple. Good instructions.

Edited by Habu_69

I believe ED already said they are aware and looking into it.

Gotcha, sounds good! I was really hoping that this wasn't 'realistic' Maverick behavior :)

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

Does Wag’s post mean that the Maverick slew isn’t changing for other controllers? I use a TWCS and while I can skew with the TDC depressed, it’s still very difficult to be precise. When he says that it’s a hardware issue for the Warthog throttle, does that mean there will be no changes other than an option to slew without holdings TDC depress? I’m just unclear on how to read his post

Jonsky7 - How do you like the Deltaalphalima1 mod? Is it much better than the original slew control? How difficult to swap out?

tim

Some of the best money I've spent matey, quite simple to fit too, you don't have to drill or cut anything, just need a crosshead screwdriver and an allen key(supplied)

To put it simply, it's like a Playstation or Xbox analogue stick in place of the nub.

Then you just have to run thrustmasters calibration software and it works like a charm.

Does Wag’s post mean that the Maverick slew isn’t changing for other controllers? I use a TWCS and while I can skew with the TDC depressed, it’s still very difficult to be precise. When he says that it’s a hardware issue for the Warthog throttle, does that mean there will be no changes other than an option to slew without holdings TDC depress? I’m just unclear on how to read his post

I'm pretty sure the option will be there for everybody, don't know how they'd manage to code it for just the Warthog. The hardware issue is that the original slew controller on the Warthog throttle is sh*t. I imagine they're also going to do something with the control too, at the moment tuning the axis control doesn't do anything for the Mav slew rate.

Edited by jonsky7