Top Gun 2019 - Page 6 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-14-2018, 11:16 PM   #51
M0ltar

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappingbrillopad1 View Post
what's all this pissing and moaning about the F-18 UFO advantage?

Honestly who cares. With the way the Hornet radar fails to acquire bandits that are head to head at coaltitude I may never find you. There's strengths and weaknesses to every sim in the game whether they are realistic?
I’m not changing anything currently with the Hornet. It’s going to stay as it is. I have not seen any proof yet that shows that the flight model is out of place as of yet. There is an issue with the G override, but I don’t think there is anything that can be done about that.

Quote:
I think it's bs that the AIM-9X is banned in 2v2. What are the Flankers and Fulcrums not going to use R-73s? I doubt it. Com'mon. Let's level the playing field here. That's a strength the Hornet has that makes it competitive with Russian jets and the aim-9x is banned for the arbitrary reason that russian jet guys think it's too good. If I had a huge advantage for years and something came along to challenge that I guess it's reasonable that I'd try to prevent its acceptance too.

you can't say that the AIM-9X ruins dogfights. With the R-73 off a cold merge without the element of surprise dogfights were already nonexistent. Just the Flankers and Fulcrums would win every time.

Did anyone see Ralfidude's video where a Hornet and Mig-29 tested both jet's HOBS capabilities? It was a 50-50 chance who would win each time. It's not like it's an unfair advantage that wasn't already in the game.
We have done some testing with some of the best pilots in DCS and found that the aim9x makes a merge unwinable. On top of that the 73, though it is good, is not a 9x. The max off bore for the 73 is much lower than the 90 provided by the 9x. Couple that with the increased ccm resistance and it’s a landslide in the 9x favor which is the reason we deemed it not fit for combative play. The 73 is very easy to flare and has a smoked motor. These are both faults the 9x does not suffer from.

Quote:
What exactly is the layout of the competition? Does everyone that's entered face everyone in the tournament i.e. round robin? Is it brackets where you're eliminated if you lose once? Is it best of 3, best of 5 each round or what? The layout of the competition wasn't covered in the original post.
Layout will be a traditional tournament bracket with random seeding. The bracket will be posted admirer signups close on the 31st. Matches will more than likely be best of 3 for the first rounds and best of 5 for later matches as the tournament progresses

Last edited by M0ltar; 12-14-2018 at 11:18 PM.
M0ltar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 11:18 PM   #52
Coxy_99

Rules are rules, In the past its always been aim-9 and R-73, Seriously whats the problem? Theres a simple answer dont join the event
www: https://100kiap.hopto.org

[100☭] Coxy_99 #99

Follow me on twitch and youtube also: https://www.twitch.tv/coxy_99/profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLi...qEF8-UGWhwXD5A
Coxy_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 11:48 PM   #53
chappingbrillopad1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxy_99 View Post
Rules are rules, In the past its always been aim-9 and R-73, Seriously whats the problem? Theres a simple answer dont join the event
That's why I'm doing guns only 1v1 and not entering the 2v2 or 4v4 my dude
chappingbrillopad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 11:55 PM   #54
chappingbrillopad1

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0ltar View Post
We have done some testing with some of the best pilots in DCS and found that the aim9x makes a merge unwinable. On top of that the 73, though it is good, is not a 9x. The max off bore for the 73 is much lower than the 90 provided by the 9x. Couple that with the increased ccm resistance and it’s a landslide in the 9x favor which is the reason we deemed it not fit for combative play. The 73 is very easy to flare and has a smoked motor. These are both faults the 9x does not suffer from.
Rules are rules. I didn't enter the 2v2 or 4v4 because of that. Either way a non HOBS jet against an R-73 equipped one off the merge is gonna be defensive off the merge every time. Even if the R-73 is smokey and easy to flare simply being defensive right off the merge can lose you the fight more often than not. In that situation if you aren't dead off the merge it's because you got lucky and nothing else. So I guess it's going to be Flankers and Fulcrums winning missiles fights for the foreseeable future.

Last edited by chappingbrillopad1; 12-15-2018 at 12:01 AM.
Old 12-15-2018, 12:36 AM   #55
chappingbrillopad1

I think it's awesome though how the 9x is too good to be used in servers and competitions, but the R-73 is perfectly fine against jets that don't have HOBS missiles. Double standards are fun. The hypocrisy is unreal. Biased too

Last edited by chappingbrillopad1; 12-15-2018 at 12:42 AM.