BlueFlag: Persian Gulf - Official Round

Ciribob

Please go check the stats on Discord. We are very open and publish a lot. There are stats on airframes, numbers on each side and capture times.

Co-ordinatation was the factor, little else. The fatal mistake was ignoring the enemy presence on home turf. They built out SAMs and Stingers, stopping any recapture.

As I said, we ran the setup for months with wins and roughly equal numbers on each side. In the official round, the change was people, not equipment. You dismissed this outright but those are the facts and I won't be debating any further. The round has also been stalled since the official round, with some swings either way, again with no changes in equipment or setup. NATO captured the northern coast but failed to press the advantage

Very few harriers were flying, which is the key to Victory for NATO - this may be in part due to CAP.

Remember that you can also negate the DL factor entirely if you destroy the enemy EWR sites. They have to be built before they'll get DL.

We'll make a new scenario soon and run another round - hopefully with the Tomcat.

I'm not around for the next month or so but the rest of the team will be

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Those stats aren't stickied in the Discord btw (or in the announcements channel) so it was actually quite tricky to find them! Took me a bit of fishing to find, but it's here for anyone interested: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17swX39OA1w7-TJWcB4y9MvdU7P8hW-FXYor2L9rKysM/edit#gid=1091442815

A human K : D for the Hornet of 0.48 (vs 1.93 for the Eagle) does say a lot. Looks like every blue CAP plane had positive KD (except for the Mig-29 which wasn't flown much) - and the J-11 was way ahead with 3.26.

I did 14hrs of it (on Red) and it wasn't module imbalance per se, but how each side used them and how they conducted their strategy. Blue outperformed in every area, but mostly in the general principle of "Application of extreme force at single times and places to accomplish goals". It's exactly what got them base captures. Red were a conveyor belt of Hornet single CAP which were not able to amass in any strength, never mind Hornet issues and the attraction of that module where an F-15 would have been better, that's another story. The challenge was in organising the internet herd into being coordinated. What we lacked was a side "commander". The original one disappeared after being unable to get in and only flew a few hours, leaving GCI folks to just give situational awareness in the most part. What I saw on Saturday was constant defending, constant. We were unable to coordinate any attacking, very little bases were captured. I only recall less than 5 retakes being successful. Blue had eyes and EWR, out, blinded us constantly, were ahead of the curve on the helicopter harrassment and small SAM placement and could summon "Gorillas from the mist". Those EIGHT fighters against three separate Hornet flights was murder. They mastered the high low game, used ground vehicles more effectively, understood weakness'. I could go on and on about it, it was truly horrible to face it.

What happened was an example of how strategy and knowledge wins over individual skill. It was a schooling, but unfortunately most of Red were absent or didn't understand the lesson.

Why didn't I personally stand up and fix it if I'm so far-sighted? Do I take responsibility for this or opt for the crowd response of, "It's not my job". Well I thought we'd have a side commander, I didn't fully engage with BS Discord or even get into the side channel, I didn't know until after that we didn't even have any coordination bar in game quick fixes until the Side channels opened up afterwards. I was very rusty on BF tactics and mechanics as I hadn't played BF for over 18 months and I wasn't fully invested in the round I wasn't a good fit, but I managed to coax an attack whilst we were being panned from the East with 5 people and eventually they all got pulled off to defend in the Um Al Qwain area and we couldn't sustain any attacks. By Sunday night Red gave up, I was literally on my own at 10pm GMT in a helicopter getting strafed.

This was a great Blue Flag round because of that, because this is what the game is about, teamwork. Taking nothing from the individual supreme efforts of people on Red, or how much effort they put in, or indeed nothing about individual modules, if the sides were inverted the same result would have occurred with no other changes.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

• 3 weeks later...
I did 14hrs of it (on Red) and it wasn't module imbalance per se, but how each side used them and how they conducted their strategy. Blue outperformed in every area, but mostly in the general principle of "Application of extreme force at single times and places to accomplish goals". It's exactly what got them base captures. Red were a conveyor belt of Hornet single CAP which were not able to amass in any strength, never mind Hornet issues and the attraction of that module where an F-15 would have been better, that's another story. The challenge was in organising the internet herd into being coordinated. What we lacked was a side "commander". The original one disappeared after being unable to get in and only flew a few hours, leaving GCI folks to just give situational awareness in the most part. What I saw on Saturday was constant defending, constant. We were unable to coordinate any attacking, very little bases were captured. I only recall less than 5 retakes being successful. Blue had eyes and EWR, out, blinded us constantly, were ahead of the curve on the helicopter harrassment and small SAM placement and could summon "Gorillas from the mist". Those EIGHT fighters against three separate Hornet flights was murder. They mastered the high low game, used ground vehicles more effectively, understood weakness'. I could go on and on about it, it was truly horrible to face it.

What happened was an example of how strategy and knowledge wins over individual skill. It was a schooling, but unfortunately most of Red were absent or didn't understand the lesson.

Why didn't I personally stand up and fix it if I'm so far-sighted? Do I take responsibility for this or opt for the crowd response of, "It's not my job". Well I thought we'd have a side commander, I didn't fully engage with BS Discord or even get into the side channel, I didn't know until after that we didn't even have any coordination bar in game quick fixes until the Side channels opened up afterwards. I was very rusty on BF tactics and mechanics as I hadn't played BF for over 18 months and I wasn't fully invested in the round I wasn't a good fit, but I managed to coax an attack whilst we were being panned from the East with 5 people and eventually they all got pulled off to defend in the Um Al Qwain area and we couldn't sustain any attacks. By Sunday night Red gave up, I was literally on my own at 10pm GMT in a helicopter getting strafed.

This was a great Blue Flag round because of that, because this is what the game is about, teamwork. Taking nothing from the individual supreme efforts of people on Red, or how much effort they put in, or indeed nothing about individual modules, if the sides were inverted the same result would have occurred with no other changes.

Another problem is that even when there is GCI and tons of people are in SRS, there is no communication. I try to attack an enemy FARP for example, but get shot down because I don't get any information about threats incoming. The other sides GCI seems to be superior as they don't have to use their radar to find me, so I don't get any information on my RWR.

There has to be more coordination. But you can't have coordination when the people simply don't communicate.

Having no possiblity to use TacView is also detrimental to learning from mistakes. Why even have the 10 minute rule when TacView files get corrupted?

BTW is there a table with all the FARPs and Airfields with elevation and gps coords? Pushing that into the kneeboard would make things easier for VR pilots.

------=:: I FLY BLEIFREI ::=------

Having no possiblity to use TacView is also detrimental to learning from mistakes. Why even have the 10 minute rule when TacView files get corrupted?

We're considering disabling the TacView compression in the future, so they won't get corrupted as often - that said, a 10 minute delay is not very much if you're planning a coordinated strike or trying to sneak past enemies in a helicopter or likewise.

We'll have to see how it goes, however having TacView available is definitely something we want, since it'll help quite a few people figure out what went wrong or how to improve :thumbup:

BTW is there a table with all the FARPs and Airfields with elevation and gps coords? Pushing that into the kneeboard would make things easier for VR pilots.

You can find a coordinate list for both, Caucasus and Persian Gulf, in our SOP at https://tinyurl.com/bf-sop-v2.

The objective coordinates sheet holds all information you've requested for both maps, there's also pre-made kneeboard tables available, however I've only generated them for the Caucasus scenario and they'll most likely need to be improved to be readable in VR.

• 8 months later...

Operation: Blue Flag - Official Tour (Sep 2019)

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4018133#post4018133

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence