476TTP 3-3.A10 Combat Aircraft Fundamentals - Public Release

Eddie

All,

I am pleased to announce on behalf of the 476th that our A-10C combat employment tactics, techniques, and procedures manual is now available to the whole DCS community.

The 3-3 contains both procedures and combat employment techniques, as well as basic tactical employment for the A-10C. It is based on real world techniques, however it is entirely written with DCS in mind, so if it's in the 3-3 then in works in the sim.

The 3-3 contains over 260 pages of material and covers many subjects including basic mission preparation, formation flight, air to air employment, and of course air to surface employment.

While some of the contents are specific TTPs employed by the 476th, and much of it can only be used in the multiplayer environment we hope that the availability of this manual will provide some of the how and why not covered in the DCS A-10C manual. The 3-3 is not directive in nature, and is purely intended as a guide on how to accomplish certain tasks.

It is still a live, in work, document so there are a few figures still to be drawn, and some sections are to be added/enhanced as time goes on but we feel that it is now is a state where it can be of benefit to the DCS community.

3-3.A10%20Cover.png

Download Link

And for info, Dojo intends to do a few Q&A sessions regarding the 3-3.A10, the material within and its intended use in his podcast sometime in the near future.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Thanks so much Eddie and the rest of the 476th vFG for making this. Now I know what the next few weeks will be occupied with :thumbup:

Bloody hell. I can't rep any of you guys :-( 'mush spread some around'

Cheers

Hans

Edited by Hansolo

Thanks very much, Eddie and 476th! This will certaily be a very interesting read.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

\\\S.D. Plissken... American, Lieutenant: Special Forces Unit "Black Light". Two Purple Hearts, Leningrad and Siberia. Youngest man to be decorated by the President. Then you robbed the Federal Reserve Depository... life sentence, New York maximum security penitentary.

\\\My Specs

ASUS Maximus IX Code / i7 7700K / 32GB DDR4@3600MHz / MSI GeForce 1080Ti / Samsung M.2 960 EVO / ACER PREDATOR X34A / TM Warthog / MFG Crosswind Pedals / TIR 5

Great gift!!! Thanks a lot!!!

TU NE CEDE MALIS SED CONTRA AUDENTIOR ITO

Asrock Fatal1ty Gaming K6+, i5-6600K, 32 GB DDR4, Asus GTX 1070 Strix, SSD 500GB, HDD 1TB, Win 10 x64, Monitor LG Ultrawide 29UM67, Soundblaster Z+Sennheiser Game One, HOTAS Warthog, TFRP Thrustmaster, TrackIr

This religious Tome cost many a sleepless nite

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SysSpecs:

Display= 4K 55" UHD JU6700 Series Curved Samsung

Processor= Intel64 i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz

RAM= 16 GB Ripjaws 4 series DDR4 2400 MHz

GPU= NVIDIA GeForce MSI GTX 980 OCV1 1152MHz Core 4GB GDDR5 Memory

Storage= 128GB Apotop S3C SSD

Storage= 2TB Toshiba DT01ACA200 HDD

OS= Win 10

Peripheral= TrackIR5 w/ TrackClip PRO

Controller= Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG™ USAF Replica :joystick:

Thank you very much! This is great, really remarkable!

Eddie, I don't have words to admire you enough. To you and to 476th. Well done guys!

[B]*NOB* Lucky[/B] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Tko vrijedi leti, tko leti vrijedi, tko ne leti ne vrijedi

Thanks for this awesome work!

I hope it's ok to post feedback to improve the document even more, so I begin with the following observations:

Page ix: Reference to Figure 9-3 is missing the dotted line between text and page number.

Also, unless there's some magic going on when printing, isn't there a blank page missing just after the front cover?

I assume the page numbers are meant to face outwards, and working back from the TOC, I arrive at getting the front cover on the "inside" of the cover.

Edited by SnorreSelmer

ASUS Z170-P w/ Intel i7-7700, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSDs out the wazoo and a GTX 1080Ti,

Oculus Rift CV1, TM Warthog stick and throttle, TM Cougar MFDs, MFG Crosswind pedals and WheelStandPro Warthog (w/ the custom small Warthog plate)

Former F-16 Ground Crew @ RNoAF

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Awesome document, many thanks to the 476th!

F-15E | AH-64 | F/A-18C | F-14B | A-10C | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | Ka-50 | SA342 | Super Carrier | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria |

Intel Core i7 11700K - 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 - MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming X 12GB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD 1TB

GREAT SHARE!!!:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

Also, unless there's some magic going on when printing, isn't there a blank page missing just after the front cover?

I assume the page numbers are meant to face outwards, and working back from the TOC, I arrive at getting the front cover on the "inside" of the cover.

Also interested in this, since I plan to print it out.

Thanks for the feedback Snoopy. I plan on assisting as best I can with proofreading. :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

ASUS Z170-P w/ Intel i7-7700, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSDs out the wazoo and a GTX 1080Ti,

Oculus Rift CV1, TM Warthog stick and throttle, TM Cougar MFDs, MFG Crosswind pedals and WheelStandPro Warthog (w/ the custom small Warthog plate)

Former F-16 Ground Crew @ RNoAF

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Much appreciated. The 476th really does set the standard.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]