VNAO Ready Room (VR, TrackIR, 2d)

Particleman

slides must be in .tga format?

Yes. We avoided using DDS for all content that most people would want to update. It's more of a 'standard' format for game engines and gives very good quality. Most image editing programs should be able to save or export to the TGA format easily. DDS would require an additional plug-in and some knowledge of how the DDS format works as there are alot of variations and flavors of it.

Hope that info helps.

-Particleman

Amazing!

The degrees I posted were so that I can see the runway from COs desk.

Some ideas I though up that would be cool.

-someway to load in or pull slides from outside the module (this can be done via a mod zip and ovgme right now)

-clickable objects. (fans, light switches ect)

by no means is this any kind of request just stuff I though up while playing around with it.

Edited by Neon

Amazing!

The degrees I posted were so that I can see the runway from COs desk.

Some ideas I though up that would be cool.

-someway to load in or pull slides from outside the module (this can be done via a mod zip and ovgme right now)

-clickable objects. (fans, light switches ect)

by no means is this any kind of request just stuff I though up while playing around with it.

This can be done in the DROP_SLIDES_HERE folder in the mod. Just add your custom slides ther and they show up in the game.

Map the lights to an axis and you can dim them.

Yep I know that. I am just trying to find a better way to get briefing slides into the module. Because everyone in the briefing needs the same slides.

Right now my plan is to make a sub mod for the slides that way people can update the slides to the current mission brief via ovgme.

Amazing work!!! We tested with a few pilots and nice job!!!

Some questions:

1 - Should everyone install the briefing pictures? Or just the host?

2 - The first pilot in the RR is locked in the front or there is someway to let others move to front?

3 - The TVs work for platcam? We tried and it is off.

Very nice work!!! I'll start paint now the Rampagers room! Thanks a lot for this great job!

Amazing work!!! We tested with a few pilots and nice job!!!

Some questions:

1 - Should everyone install the briefing pictures? Or just the host?

2 - The first pilot in the RR is locked in the front or there is someway to let others move to front?

3 - The TVs work for platcam? We tried and it is off.

Very nice work!!! I'll start paint now the Rampagers room! Thanks a lot for this great job!

Everyone needs to install the slides but the host/first pilot is the only one that can control the slide playback and the lighting.

Others can hit the 1 key to move to the podium, they should start there by default then can hit 1-0, LShift 1-0, RShift1-5 to swap around the room.

Yeah TVs are really underwhelming. They are just mirrors and based on the seat position they will change considerably. We want to add a fixed camera but since we don't have the full SDK we can't do something like a live plat, yet... We're trying to work around it and get something.

Would love to see the Rampagers livery and when you get it done if you want to share I'll add it to the next patch!

Cheers!

-Particleman

Hello,

First, thank you for the work and this really nice idea :thumbup:

I'm facing a problem with the slides, I respected the size of the existing files (1280*720), I saved them as .tga (from photoshop) and I placed them here:

unknown.png

But when I start DCS and test it, I've a missing texture on the custom slides:

unknown.png

Do you have any idea of what I did wrong please?

Edited by astazou

My DCS contributions:
- My mods/skins: here
- My server/missions scripts: there
- My Discord bot:
this place
If you want to thank me buying a coffee☕/beer🍺, feel free:
https://www.buymeacoffee.com/Astazou

Hello,

First, thank you for the work and this really nice idea :thumbup:

I'm facing a problem with the slides, I respected the size of the existing files (1280*720), I saved them as .tga (from photoshop) and I placed them here:

unknown.png

But when I start DCS and test it, I've a missing texture on the custom slides:

unknown.png

Do you have any idea of what I did wrong please?

The images must also have the same name as the existing slides. So all of your images need to be VNAORR_Slide_#.tga

Well, seems that the sailors from VFA-83 are finishing the Ready Room to our deploy soon!

Still working in some minor adjustments but looks so far the best mod we ever add to our squadron!! Thank you very much!

Screen_200608_032025.png

Screen_200608_032040.png

Screen_200608_032045.png

Screen_200608_032046.png

Screen_200608_032048.png

Screen_200608_032052.png

Screen_200608_031950.png

Screen_200608_031909.png

Screen_200608_031807.png

Screen_200608_031759.png

Screen_200608_031735.png

Some points maybe to add to next updates that I found when trying to paint:

- Do a better skin map from the floor to help painters to add maybe a logo from squadron or something.

- Same for the door. I didn't found one and even the paint for it, there is?

- Better map for the helmet...could be awesome do a real helmet like what we use in the Hornets.

- When putting the RR in the ground in PG map, I can see some times the waves passing through the deck. Maybe get it a little up, about 5 to 7ft.

Well, I nice addon to our squadrons!!! Look forward to finish this soon and send to you guys!

Hello Everybody,

I try to install it as indicated in the readme file and here but when I launch the RR in a server, On one computer I cannot access to the 25 spots and on the other computer I can select the one I want but when I click on Briefing I'm in the middle on the map (PG) near an aiport but no RR around me.

Forgot something????

Thank you.

Chris

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ChrisFlying

Chris "Tiger" Modave

EASA ATPL(A) 737 NG TR

Hello Everybody,

I try to install it as indicated in the readme file and here but when I launch the RR in a server, On one computer I cannot access to the 25 spots and on the other computer I can select the one I want but when I click on Briefing I'm in the middle on the map (PG) near an aiport but no RR around me.

Forgot something????

Thank you.

Chris

So I've not seen that before unless on one of the computers it's not installed correctly. If you select any other slot then Pilot 1 and hit briefing fly you would get the result you are talking about because technically there is no 'pilot' in command of the aircraft. If you are just solo make sure to select Pilot 1 and you should load in then you can use the view number keys to move around. Always make sure there is a Pilot one before adding additional pilots. Also, quick sidenote, if you have say 15 pilots in the room and someone else wants to take control of the briefing it 'should' allow you to request control and have the non pilot one now control the room. If that doesn't work, it's spotty sometimes, you can also have Pilot 1 leave the room, all other pilots will be temporarily, visually pushed back to the loading screen but if you have another player join Pilot 1 when they hit briefing/fly then all Pilots that were attached to the room should be rejoined auto magically back where they were. Hope that info helps.

Cheers!

-Particleman

Hi, the mod looks really amazing, but I'm having some issues with obstructing objects, as per the attached screenshots. Takeoff from runway 4 on the CVN-73.

Any ideas what might cause this?

Is this a screenshot in Singleplayer? It should only show that if you are in SP. Try running in MP and it should go away. We have seen one edge case where that still shows up in MP and in that case we don't know what causes it and you'll need to probably place it at an airfield.

Hope that helps.

-Particleman

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, the mod looks really amazing, but I'm having some issues with obstructing objects, as per the attached screenshots. Takeoff from runway 4 on the CVN-73.

Any ideas what might cause this?

It 's only happend when an IA aircraft is trying to take off or taxi on the carrier deck. If it is empty, there is no problem.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I can't seem to get this to work. I've installed the version from here

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3310351/?fbclid=IwAR1KECQgSXwbkySLyPLvb8NJz0mSd-lFkA-0CQFco6r4AhUImtrLYiLpGko

into saved games>me>DCS.openbeta>Mods>Aircraft

it shows up in the modules list at the bottom of the main menu, and I can load the wallpaper

When I place a helo on the ground, I don't see any that have been added, and all of the normal ones are just helicopters wether I try from the ME or if I host a server.

installed it in mods/aircraft under my savedgames folder, next to the other aircraft modules, as per info.

dcs version 2.5.6.55743, 1 oktober 2020 update.

when starting dcs i get an authorisation error. It says it sees the module but it has been disabled.

am i doing something wrong here?

Edited by nighteyes2017

• 2 months later...

Any news/update?

Thank you.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

36 minutes ago, fagulha said:

Any news/update?

Thank you.

None so far. This mod is still working as intended and can be downloaded in user files at digitalcombatsimulator.com. 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Proud founder of VNAO and current deck jockey with VFA-103:pilotfly::pilotfly:

Fantastic. Thank you for sharing this to the community. 
I have a question. When Changing the briefing slides, do they have to be changed in the actual server host or the person sitting in seat 1?  
again this awesome. 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 5 months later...

Anyone else having crashing issues trying to load missions with this?  I've had it load once (my second attempt to load it), but every other time DCS crashes.  Just checking.  

http://www.youtube.com/user/311Gryphon

i7-8700, 32 GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1080 TI 11GB, 240 GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Dual (sometimes Triple) monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]