I wish, I wish to catch a fish

philstyle

This has to go on to the wish list, as it seems we'll never actually see it in DCS otherwise...

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/upload/iblock/7d4/C-47-02.jpg

This looks like a pretty advanced AI model but as many things, they are announced just to be forgotten and never to be seen again. We could make a long list of items like this.

Have you heard about Freya radar?

190 F-8 and G-8?

Damage model? We only know about it because we ask many times.

What about those clouds? They are my favourite mythological animal.

Yeah I know that we hear about these things from time to time by buried forum posts, interviews in Russian and whatnot but clear updates to these announced items would be great. Especially because these items weren't a small drop of info in Discord or whatever, where I understand information of features in early development may slip and they are still a long way to go.

These things were announced in Weekend Newsletter where I understand that they are already promises and should be updated periodically.

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

I did some hunting about to see what I could find. ED have announced their roadmap (REF1) (REF2).

In the latest version (15-Apr-2020), the ED CEO states:

ED has 4 items in Early Access:

F-16C Viper

F/A-18C Hornet

Yak-52

WWII Asset Pack

We plan to deliver all products out of Early Access this year however, the F-16C Viper is likely to be in Q1 2021, but we’ll keep you updated.

That means a completed assets pack this year.

Originally the Reddit announcement included the A8 (which implied the F8/G8 variants), but the FW190's was then dropped from the forum announcement, so that project is obviously cancelled/postponed. However, the WWII assets pack is scheduled for completion this year as they haven't said otherwise. That should include the C-47. It has been mentioned consistently in numerous Weekend News (EXAMPLE) as part of the ongoing development of the assets pack. Freya is another one that has been mentioned (EXAMPLE). Both have been with screenshots at various stages.