Flying the Hind before Xmas

Mainstay

this is total conjecture and nonsense

but in my 6 years playing around with DCS

I noticed they dont start with official updates ( they do vids ya etc but notes IN GAME?) no, they dont start that stuff up until release or EA is close

F14, F16, F18 all stand out in my mind for this especially

If I was wealthier Id bet 1000 barring unforseen disaster with the coding Oct 31st on the outside.

XMAS almost for sure IMO

BTW just saying theoretically if ED needed money to push this out the door sooner, I know I for one, and some others will sell kidneys ;)

Yeah i bet its year or worst case early 2021. The only syatem i can see being a problem is the AI gunner.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• ED Team

I can not say for sure, but the team are working hard, as soon as we do know for sure we will pass it on, and of course as suggested we will start sharing video.

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I can not say for sure, but the team are working hard, as soon as we do know for sure we will pass it on, and of course as suggested we will start sharing video.

thank you

Thx for th news and we know that the team is working hard !

They have all our support :thumbup:

A lot of improvements and developments were observed during the release of info shared in one of the last WE Newsletter...

While it would be great to get the Hind sooner rather than later, I don't think it's productive to get everyone's hopes up with speculation about release dates. Better to wait for some official news.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

While it would be great to get the Hind sooner rather than later, I don't think it's productive to get everyone's hopes up with speculation about release dates. Better to wait for some official news.

I agree.

Having said that.... flying the Hind in my santa boots would be good!

:)

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

• 2 weeks later...

thank you

I'll give you a shiny new nickel if you give me a release date :music_whistling:

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Yeah i bet its year or worst case early 2021. The only syatem i can see being a problem is the AI gunner.

thats why I hope to god HB and ED just secretly take jester, and work on him as Jesterski. if you took all the f14 specific stuff out youd still have a skeleton to work with.. LMAO

thank you

so ur saying early access in october with the F14A, and release after a painful 16 months of community bitching?

F em. Im in. =D

Easily going to be a Christmas release... easily.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

I selfishly suggest a bundle deal, Hind + Syria, with a small discount. ;)

What bundle?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Sometimes ED will do a bundle sale. I think at one point there was a Hornet / Gulf map bundle, save some cash.

OP is just saying that Hind / Syria would be a great combo for a possible future sale.

I see, I was just thinking I'd missed out on some deal.

I see, I was just thinking I'd missed out on some deal.

They did several bundles in the spring, some were fantastic deals (i.e. the helicopter bundle for $69.99). It's a great idea to bundle Syria with the Hind or the F16.

"I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I don't want to answer." - Michael Bluth

• 1 month later...

I'm wondering when we'll get some news again on actual Helicopter Stuff...all news lately were mostley filled with Hornet and Viper Stuff.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

I'm wondering when we'll get some news again on actual Helicopter Stuff...all news lately were mostley filled with Hornet and Viper Stuff.

I do believe they had mentioned somewhere that they were going focus on getting all their aircraft on becoming feature complete rather than pumping out new modules. I don't have a source for this but I had seen it mentioned in the comments of one of their YouTube videos.

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)