Didn’t buy anything during Summer Sale - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-06-2020, 12:43 PM   #21
Ramsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimmerdylan View Post
My understanding of the Yak52 is that it was developed for another private client and made available to ED's user base upon permission from them. My question then has to be: Is this other client getting a better, more finished version, or are they too having issues. If they purchased it for training, it stands to reason that they know this aircraft inside out and therefore must be fully aware of these issues. It kind of baffles my mind a little.
Speculation

IIRC the original client (with a limited budget) required a clickable cockpit for training purposes, not a flyable DCS module - the flying portion of their program would likely be done in the real aircraft with the RL flight hours eventually counting towards a PPL, etc.

AFAIK, having created the cockpit, avionics and 3D model, ED then got permission to add the flight model, etc. necessary to sell it to the public.

Comment
In some respects we are lucky to get the Yak-52 in DCS as, without the private client, ED would not otherwise have developed it for DCS. It's just a shame ED haven't been able to find/justify the resources necessary to bring it to the same level as the L-39/TF-52D in a timely manner.

Last edited by Ramsay; 08-06-2020 at 12:46 PM.
Ramsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 08:43 PM   #22
Zimmerdylan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsay View Post
Speculation

IIRC the original client (with a limited budget) required a clickable cockpit for training purposes, not a flyable DCS module - the flying portion of their program would likely be done in the real aircraft with the RL flight hours eventually counting towards a PPL, etc.

AFAIK, having created the cockpit, avionics and 3D model, ED then got permission to add the flight model, etc. necessary to sell it to the public.

Comment
In some respects we are lucky to get the Yak-52 in DCS as, without the private client, ED would not otherwise have developed it for DCS. It's just a shame ED haven't been able to find/justify the resources necessary to bring it to the same level as the L-39/TF-52D in a timely manner.
To be honest, I really haven't flown it all that much. Maybe a few times when it was first released. I have always seen thread after thread complaining about it's incompleteness though.
Zimmerdylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 05:04 PM   #23
BIGNEWY
ED Community Manager

YAK-52 work is still planned, but I don't have a time frame currently, the teams are still working from home and it has had a knock on effect for some plans.

As soon as I know for sure I will post news in this forum section.

thanks
Windows 10 Pro x64, NVIDIA MSI RTX 2080Ti VENTUS GP, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 32GB DDR @3000, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, TM Warthog, Jet provost rudder pedals, VIVE Cosmos

BIGNEWY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 12:43 PM   #24
xvii-Dietrich

In the interview a couple of days ago, the ED CEO mentioned a few projects, but the Yak-52 was not one of them (REF).
xvii-Dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 07:24 AM   #25
bkthunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsay View Post

It's just a shame ED haven't been able to find/justify the resources necessary to bring it to the same level as the L-39/TF-52D in a timely manner.
I thought we all paid for it no? At least I did, I double-checked and that money is definitely not on my account since a couple of years...
Old 09-17-2020, 01:22 PM   #26
ST0RM

At this point, I'd say its a loss.
"Still planned" after several years on a relatively easy aircraft, doesnt instill confidence of completion.
Be honest and just say its not a priority, nor will it be. Remove it from E/A and sell as is.
ST0RM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 03:40 AM   #27
msalama
Veteran

Just do as I do: no more purchases from ED until the Yak is finished.
Old 09-18-2020, 09:12 AM   #28
bkthunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by msalama View Post
Just do as I do: no more purchases from ED until the Yak is finished.
Yeah, for me it works exactly like this, no more purchases until the following are finished:

- F-5
- F-18
- F-16
- Yak
- Harrier
- Viggen
- F-14

it'll be a while, lol.