Will stand alone fix the offline authorization requirement ?.

KillEmAll88

Will stand alone fix the offline authorization requirement ?.

I am convinced I want to defect from Steam for this sim. I am a offline semi off grid indivdual who doesnt have the dedicated online oppurtunity that most have.

These regular online connection rights to the product checks are a real turn off. When I have to log in I hopefully don't get forced into a major download it also messes up my controls and I have to reboot to get them working correctly again.

I love DCS but this is a huge issue for me.

Hi. DCS has an OFFLINE mode which doesn't have a time limit. You can stay offline as long as you want. Look for an antenna icon on the top left of the main menu.

Of course, whenever you want to update DCS, the game will ask you to temporarily leave OFFLINE mode:

You can update in Offline Mode, but it will boot you out of offline mode and tell you to login again.

"Cant't Enter Offline Mode, Auth Data is for a Different version"

Press OK, Login Dialog Comes Up, Login, Launch DCS, Download new Auth Data, Offline Mode Re-Engage.

If you downloaded the Update, it's Obvious you have Internet Connection to Generate new Auth Data, so Login after you update and re-engage Offline Mode again.

icon.png.2b4963e199c27fddbeccd5192d44fc4b.png

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

That antenna option seems un available to me.

The icon appears momentarily (cannot be clicked) until I log in or X out of the sign in window.

After sign in or exiting the window with the X the Icon dissapears.

Doesnt matter if im online or offline.

Edited by KillEmAll88

You cannot activate the OFFLINE mode if you're not logged in through internet first. I know it sounds weird but it is not: when logging in, you show DCS servers you are a leggit user. Only then you're allowed to activate the OFFLINE mode.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• ED Team
I will try it again tonight but again I notice that the antenna icon dissapears *regardless of being online or not* and cannot be manipulated Prior to logging in or exiting the DCS user window. Ive tried it both ways - maybe it's a steam version disabled option ?.

No offline mode in Steam at the moment.

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

No offline mode in Steam at the moment.

Ok.

Haha I literally just snapped pictures to post it.

So do you Mean it's planned to return and 'down for maintenance' or are they removing it all together or did steam never support it at all ?.

Edited by KillEmAll88

Hi Killemall.

I don't work directly for ED, but from what I understand Steam uses its own DRM. It is likely ED is unable to offer the same offline support as they can for their own self-contained system. The good news is, your modules -ARE- transferable to the standalone, and it's very easy to import your controller settings. Most likely, they won't be affected at all as the Steam version of DCS still uses the c:/users/USERNAME/Saved Games directory for your controller files.

You can also manually point each controller to its file in that directory within DCS itself, should it fail to locate them, by entering the controls menu, clicking on the column of the controller you'd like to edit, then clicking the "load profile" button.

HERE is a guide from ED on how to transfer your files to the standalone ED version. Happy flying!

• ED Team
Ok.

Haha I literally just snapped pictures to post it.

So do you Mean it's planned to return and 'down for maintenance' or are they removing it all together or did steam never support it at all ?.

It was never implemented and with recent changes to Steam authorization it became possible to do, but requires some work. Can't make any promises at this point.

So, at the moment you better go standalone if you need offline mode.

Note: The standalone installer can pick up files from Steam if DCS is installed into the standard Steam library. If it is in a different one, then you'll need either a dcs_local_source.txt trick or just move the files to the future _downloads folder of your standalone DCS.

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.