Slightly different RDR Cursor issue

Tmac

Hello all,

I’ve experienced a similar issue, to a few of the other threads here, but have followed the instructions from Rudel and had some luck. The issue I have now is that I need “Emulation ON” in CCP for the RDR Cursor to work. When I do this, I lose a number of HOTAS commands in-game, namely the DOG FIGHT switch and the DMS ability to change MFD SOI. I can’t get the RDR Cursor To show its axis in DCS settings at all. I can see all buttons/switches working as normal in CCP. I’ve changed out the throttle with another Cougar throttle thinking it might have been a Pot issue, but have the same results.

I’m hoping this is a simple oversight on my part. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Todd

In the CCP select both "Button & Axis emulation" and "Apply/disable Windows axes states". Make sure axes 9 + 10 are not being used. This should take care of the axes.

In Foxy create a new joystick file and paste this line:

USE ALL_DIRECTX_BUTTONS

Save and send to joystick (F12).

This will set the joystick buttons to the default mapping, which SHOULD correspond to the default DCS bindings. If not, you'll have to remap your buttons in DCS. It's a bit annoying but you'll never have to do it again as the Cougar will remember the last joystick file.

The DGFT / MRM switch has two "special for joystick" bindings which should work as intended with the physical switch. The "normal" bindings would require you to map the center position as well, which would require a few lines of code in Foxy.

313080702_CCPsettings.png.9c75d38180908704673d2bfb6987fe4f.png

Edited by fudabidu
added CCP screenshot

• 2 weeks later...