Mission 7 in 2.5.1

San Patricio

• 3 weeks later...
Hey! Can’t reproduce on my end he does taxi for me in the updated version. Could you open the mission in ME and move him to a different spot and check if it makes him move?

Last night I tried 2 times again, first it does not taxi as reported, second it does.

The difference is, on the second time, I disable INS alignment and gyro drift special option to OFF to quick take off. Something timing problem I guess.

Edited by Nansaram

Again again, I tried yesterday 2times.

Wingman follow taxi only when special option INS alignment disable & no gyro drift selected.

But, The wingman does not attack ground target(with RED radio order, it refuse with unable), but it said RTB(I did not order RTB) and head to base and hit the mountain.

2 times, same result

Because of mountain crash my wingman, mission failed. And some times it fly like UFO movement. I can see with Tackview.

Thanks for reporting.. that looks like something in ED's department, I didn't touch the mission and it was working fine before.. also, can't really check anything for another two weeks as I am not home at my gaming rig.

As for Wingman refusing to attack, again it is on AI side and there is not much I can do (if anything) to fix that. It happens for all the modules and happens quite often, unfortunately. One advice I might have is to try and make a low pass over the target with the wingman flying close to you until he reports seeing the target. Also, send him back home at some point before he calls "bingo fuel" - the AI is horrible with fuel management.

And finally, I don't think that mission success is in any way tied with the wingman surviving or not, you must have missed some other triggers in the mission.

Hope this helps!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• 4 weeks later...

Just played mission 7 on open beta, wingman did not leave the hanger. There is a C-130 that gets stuck by a stationary awacs at the intersection of taxiways echo and foxtrot near the beginning of the mission, I wonder if that is related? Possibly if people take off without doing the full alignment and start up they are rolling before it gets stuck and then the wingman follows them?

It is related but I swear I have fixed it at least three times already, it is as if DCS reverted to old version of the campaign with each update, I wil test it. A quick fix - open the mission from the campaign dolder in ME and just remove the fat jet. It is another issue that AI taxi logic is somewhat borked but I have completely no control over it. Thanks for letting me know & pls report back if you manage to apply the hotfix!

• 2 weeks later...

I also had the intial problem with M7, and put in the version you offer for download. Wingman taxied and took off, heavies did not get in a tangle. Nice!

Version control must be a female dog on a project as complex and multisourced as DCS. Cheers for your good natured patience @baltic dragon. :salute:

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 3080ti, G2, PointCTRL

• 3 months later...

Hi!

I would like to report that the mission07 will not start properly because the C-130 unit "New Static Object #001" is blocking the unit "UK C-130 C" from taxiing to the runway.

Removing the static C-130 in Mission Editor solved the issue for me.

Running OB 2.5.4.25729.

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone,

I'm currently playing this mission on 2.5.4, and everything seems fine (all the planes manage to take-off)... Except for one detail: this mission is very hard!!! The HMG is killing me every time I'm hot to destroy it. Whatever my altitude, speed or angle, I got cut in two. Same for my wingman when he attemps to drop the snakeyes.

I watched some videos of this, but they all were made with 1.5, and in the previous versions, this HMG keeps firing on its ground target (EUMM Hotel 5) without taking care of the aircraft (not realistic, I agree)

Seems like I need to rise up my bombing skills, but before that, any advice?

"An optimist is a guy who plants two seeds and runs to buy a hammock"

Ryzen 7 7800X3D | Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming WiFi | MSI RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio | 32Go Corsair Vengeance 32Go DDR5 6000Mt/s CL30 | MasterLiquid ML360R | Corsair NVMe M.2 1To x2 | Seagate 2To SATA III | TM Warthog stick base w/ F/A-18C grip + WW Orion 2 throttle w/ F/A-18C grips | FSSB R3 L w/ TM F-16C grip + TM Viper TQS | MFG Crosswind V3 w/ damper kit | Meta Quest 3 128Go | Dell S2722DGM

Mirage 2000C | F/A-18C | F-16C | Su-33 | Mig 29 | Supercarrier | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandie 2.0 | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai

I have been shot at by it many times during tests. You need to go in really fast and jink on the approach, whenever you see the tracers change direction a little. I always found it more difficult to destroy the BMP :) also I think you can just wait for the Georgian Hind to arrive if you are really struggling with this one.

Thanks a lot!! I'll give it a try as soon as I can...

"An optimist is a guy who plants two seeds and runs to buy a hammock"

Ryzen 7 7800X3D | Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming WiFi | MSI RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio | 32Go Corsair Vengeance 32Go DDR5 6000Mt/s CL30 | MasterLiquid ML360R | Corsair NVMe M.2 1To x2 | Seagate 2To SATA III | TM Warthog stick base w/ F/A-18C grip + WW Orion 2 throttle w/ F/A-18C grips | FSSB R3 L w/ TM F-16C grip + TM Viper TQS | MFG Crosswind V3 w/ damper kit | Meta Quest 3 128Go | Dell S2722DGM

Mirage 2000C | F/A-18C | F-16C | Su-33 | Mig 29 | Supercarrier | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandie 2.0 | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai

• 4 months later...

Hello guys, I´m flying this campaign before start the red flag (lot of people says it´s the best one in DCS, kudos to you Baltic Dragon!!), and get stuck in this mission because every time I engage, my wingman get hit and I get the message "mission failed - your wingman was killed" (I dont remember the exact message) Any sugestions?

M2000 | Mig-21 | Mig-15 | F-14 | UH-1H HUEY | A-10C II | MB-339A | A-4E-C | F-18 | F-86 | KA-50 | F-16 |AH-64D| NTTR | PG |

AMD RYZEN 5 2400G 3.9GHz + RX 580 8GB OC + 32Gb + 1TB SSD

After I receive the distress call, I fly to the coordinates and make a low level fly to recon. Then I proceed to engage, sometimes I order the wingman to engage ground targets, other to cover me and other I command nothing. I get some SAM warning and then I guess the wingman get shot down cause I get the message I wrote above. I´m asking cause you said before that the mission succes is not tied to the wingman survival.

M2000 | Mig-21 | Mig-15 | F-14 | UH-1H HUEY | A-10C II | MB-339A | A-4E-C | F-18 | F-86 | KA-50 | F-16 |AH-64D| NTTR | PG |

Yeah, indeed it is linked in this mission, but the fact that he gets shot down is weird.. he is pretty lousy in using his bombs anyway, I usually just told him to anchor and attacked targets alone and then waited for the Georgian Hind to arrive. Do you have a track from your mission by any chance?

Last night I check the last flight I did with Tackview. It happens that the wingman was not shoot down... He crash against a mountain!! :noexpression:

I flew the mission again and send him RTB before engange, and I was able to finish the mission.

I´m sending you the .tkr file just in case (minute 38:11)

Tacview-20190828-001403-DCS-Mission 07 FINAL.zip.rar

• 3 years later...
On 8/14/2018 at 11:41 PM, baltic_dragon said:

Thanks for reporting.. that looks like something in ED's department, I didn't touch the mission and it was working fine before.. also, can't really check anything for another two weeks as I am not home at my gaming rig.

As for Wingman refusing to attack, again it is on AI side and there is not much I can do (if anything) to fix that. It happens for all the modules and happens quite often, unfortunately. One advice I might have is to try and make a low pass over the target with the wingman flying close to you until he reports seeing the target. Also, send him back home at some point before he calls "bingo fuel" - the AI is horrible with fuel management.

And finally, I don't think that mission success is in any way tied with the wingman surviving or not, you must have missed some other triggers in the mission.

Hope this helps!

FYI I just flew this mission now and got mission fail when my wingman got shot down. I had given him the attack air defences command

Edited by DayGlow

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11