DCS: Me 262 Discussion (Development on hold currently)

NineLine

14 hours ago, IIIJG52_Otto_ said:

The Meteor's had serious problem of cannons jamming and others engine and controls problems , when first 6 were released for service, it was main reason because Meteor were not operational for combat until end of the war in 1945.  Would you like a Meteor modelled with these problems here?

Your 109 or 190s aren't modelled either with fuel problems, supplies problems, low trained pilots problems, or slave labour building quality problems. Would you like those to be modelled into your almighty 109? 😜

• Like 2

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Your 109 or 190s aren't modelled either with fuel problems, supplies problems, low trained pilots problems, or slave labour building quality problems. Would you like those to be modelled into your almighty 109?
Bring it on!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Bring it on!

I'd be into it either, as well as some sort of persistent tear and wear also. But I'm also quite sure the usual luftwhiner since quite old simulation times isn't willing to go there, they only see problems on the other side 🤣🤣🤣 .

• Like 3

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

I'd be into it either, as well as some sort of persistent tear and wear also. But I'm also quite sure the usual luftwhiner since quite old simulation times isn't willing to go there, they only see problems on the other side .
I see your point! Chuckle...

• Like 1

On 6/12/2023 at 12:06 PM, Ala13_ManOWar said:

Your 109 or 190s aren't modelled either with fuel problems, supplies problems, low trained pilots problems, or slave labour building quality problems. Would you like those to be modelled into your almighty 109? 😜

Spitfire’s had Hispano cannons jamming problem too in tight turns. Merlin’s cylinders heads had several overheat and leaks problems in several types what affected to P-51 too. TheSpitfire’s high pressure cooling system cause radiators explosions when they take a bullet hit, leaking all liquid in seconds, … could we have this in game too…?

Even overboosted Merlín’s with 130 and 150 oc. Fuels burned the sparking plugs in less than 8 hours of flight causing pistons boring destroying the engine. Do you like these failures in game too.?. … please, read the book “the secret house power race” by Calum Douglas prior to write these silly things. 😛

Edited by IIIJG52_Otto_
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, IIIJG52_Otto_ said:

Spitfire’s had Hispano cannons jamming problem too in tight turns.

Source?

Merlin’s cylinders heads had several overheat and leaks problems in several types what affected to P-51 too.

Source?

The Spitfire’s high pressure cooling system cause radiators explosions when they take a bullet hit, leaking all liquid in seconds, … could we have this in game too…?

Suggest you file a bug report with supporting .trk file + evidence of how long it should take a bullet hit to the Spitfire's coolant system to evacuate it's contents in the appropriate forum, then, since you apparently are an expert on such things.

Even overboosted Merlín’s with 130 and 150 oc. Fuels burned the sparking plugs in les than 8 hours of flight causing pistons boring destroying the engine. Do you like these failures in game too.?.

Spark plug fouling is in game. And the one thing we poor, silly, tactically and technically deficient (sic) Allies had in advantage of the mighty, superior, master race Reich, was a robust supply chain which meant we could change out all the spark plugs before this became an issue, because, you know, logistics and materiel....

… please, read the book “the secret house power race” by Calum Douglas prior to write these silly things. 😛

You and I make very different take aways from that book.

I see that creating a reliable (note, not faultless) high performance aero-engine during the 1940's - whatever your allegiance - was fraught with obstacles, hurdles and even traps and that the level of reliability and performance achieved by either side in their best engines was astounding; however, the Nazi ethos and politick applied to aero-nautical engineering was the primary reason for the German failures, along with critical exotic material shortages.

All of which have little or nothing to do with a computer game where you climb into a factory fresh, perfectly constructed and maintained airframe every time you spawn.

Which brings us back to the original point of contention; why shouldn't those who favour flying Allied wish to have a prototypically, and chronologically relevant Allied jet fighter in DCS should the Axis get a prototypically, and chronologically relevant jet fighter? 

In the interests of multiplayer gameplay, in servers which lean towards a more dogfight oriented, this is almost required.

Otherwise you'd end up with a cadre of rather sorry individuals who delight in zooming around in near uncatchable aircraft, blasting unsuspecting or unwary players and then landing, rearming, refuelling. Rinse wash repeat.

But then I guess that's what some people actually want. Not to be tested. Not to confront an opponent on near equal terms, where the decision is based on tactical guile and their appreciation of the small advantages/disadvantages they may have over their opponent, where the victor is the one who can out fly and out think his opponent because he is actually the better pilot.

No they'd rather win by having such a vast advantage in some factor that no other stands a chance, that only downright stupidity or some outrageous bad luck could put them at risk.

That's not sport. That's not entertainment. That's stroking your own ego.

Edited by DD_Fenrir
  • Like 3

Schwalbe is a module I've been waiting for a very long time. All in all, ED announced that there will be something more from WWII from them. I wonder what they meant. When Kickstarter actually started years ago, it was about the Me-262 too. Now it's been quiet for a long time, but I keep my fingers crossed for Schwalbe and the new map, Germany and Berlin 44/45.

• Like 3

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

9 hours ago, DD_Fenrir said:

why shouldn't those who favour flying Allied wish to have a prototypically, and chronologically relevant Allied jet fighter in DCS should the Axis get a prototypically, and chronologically relevant jet fighter? 

In the interests of multiplayer gameplay, in servers which lean towards a more dogfight oriented, this is almost required.

Oh yes please. As an axis-allied flyer, I'd love the Meteor(I/III), the Shooting Star(A/C) and Schwalbe in DCS. The Shooting Star, like the Mustang, could even be used for Korean War scenarios.

Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

• ED Team
On 6/16/2023 at 1:01 AM, DD_Fenrir said:

Source?

Source?

Suggest you file a bug report with supporting .trk file + evidence of how long it should take a bullet hit to the Spitfire's coolant system to evacuate it's contents in the appropriate forum, then, since you apparently are an expert on such things.

Spark plug fouling is in game. And the one thing we poor, silly, tactically and technically deficient (sic) Allies had in advantage of the mighty, superior, master race Reich, was a robust supply chain which meant we could change out all the spark plugs before this became an issue, because, you know, logistics and materiel....

You and I make very different take aways from that book.

I see that creating a reliable (note, not faultless) high performance aero-engine during the 1940's - whatever your allegiance - was fraught with obstacles, hurdles and even traps and that the level of reliability and performance achieved by either side in their best engines was astounding; however, the Nazi ethos and politick applied to aero-nautical engineering was the primary reason for the German failures, along with critical exotic material shortages.

All of which have little or nothing to do with a computer game where you climb into a factory fresh, perfectly constructed and maintained airframe every time you spawn.

Which brings us back to the original point of contention; why shouldn't those who favour flying Allied wish to have a prototypically, and chronologically relevant Allied jet fighter in DCS should the Axis get a prototypically, and chronologically relevant jet fighter? 

Otherwise you'd end up with a cadre of rather sorry individuals who delight in zooming around in near uncatchable aircraft, blasting unsuspecting or unwary players and then landing, rearming, refuelling. Rinse wash repeat.

But then I guess that's what some people actually want. Not to be tested. Not to confront an opponent on near equal terms, where the decision is based on tactical guile and their appreciation of the small advantages/disadvantages they may have over their opponent, where the victor is the one who can out fly and out think his opponent because he is actually the better pilot.

No they'd rather win by having such a vast advantage in some factor that no other stands a chance, that only downright stupidity or some outrageous bad luck could put them at risk.

That's not sport. That's not entertainment. That's stroking your own ego.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e475fxkfwseoz3l8rmwjj

As interesting as this might be, this topic is for the DCS: Me 262. 

This module is currently not in development, it has not been dropped either, but chances are we would see a different Luftwaffe fighter before it.

Thanks.

PS I understand the Kickstarter made promises (by that team), but we have done our best to support those the best we could, but also they were not made by us. The 262 would be the coolest thing to fly at DCS levels, but also probably would not be as fun as some might think in real combat environments like MP, engine failures, fuel limits, etc... 

PSS also, please be kind to each other and do not resort to low brow name calling and such. Save it for the playground. Thanks.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• NineLine changed the title to DCS: Me 262 Discussion (Development on hold currently)
On 6/18/2023 at 6:14 AM, NineLine said:

The 262 would be the coolest thing to fly at DCS levels, but also probably would not be as fun as some might think in real combat environments like MP, engine failures, fuel limits, etc... 

This is the exact reason why it should be done for DCS World. I for one love DCS modules because each of them not only shows its values and advantages in historical development over other aircraft but teaches us its shortcomings, too, and help understand and experience the need for further development that led to advanced aircraft. I'm not too concerned about multiplayer balancing. This is done by mission creators. Real aircraft developers never cared for balance but for superiority.

DCS is much more than PvP for me.

Edited by Tom Kazansky
  • Like 4

I understand the Kickstarter made promises (by that team), but we have done our best to support those the best we could, but also they were not made by us.

Capture.JPG

How would you describe this? Is this not some kind of promise?

You can choose the Me262 with " ...not available yet."

probably would not be as fun as some might think in real combat environments like MP, engine failures, fuel limits, etc... 

I think people play DCS not because it is easy, but because it is not easy to handle the modules. So a difficult aircraft is even more interesting for DCS.

• Like 2
Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, CowanSim said:

Any update on this product? money taken on kickstarter but no product delivered or even confirmed to be in development?

Are we waiting for a contract from some MOD for ED to then make this viable?

Latest news was posted by NineLine 10 days ago. scroll a bit up.

• Like 1

Any update on this product? money taken on kickstarter but no product delivered or even confirmed to be in development?
Go back five posts.

7 minutes ago, CowanSim said:

Yeah, money taken by a kickstarter not existing since ~10 years ago. Now ED is giving away their work for those who took the money and were never sawn again 🤣 . They have explained why they don't rush about this bird (previous posts, actually), and despite I also want to see it to a DCS level some day I perfectly understand why they aren't in a hurry with this one in particular, to be honest.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CowanSim said:

money taken on kickstarter but no product delivered

who did you give money to? Was it ED? …  🙄

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

3 minutes ago, CowanSim said:

Oleg Maddox, Ilya Shevchenko, and Igor Tishin ? 🤐

So, not ED … why then bring up the issue here? Why not at il2 maker?

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• ED Team
4 minutes ago, CowanSim said:

Please try to remember Eagle Dynamics saved the failed Kickstarter, dont go making silly comments. 

thanks

• Like 3

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

12 minutes ago, CowanSim said:

The kickstarter was Ilya all alone mate.

Edited by Ala13_ManOWar
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ala13_ManOWar said:

The kickstarter was Ilya all alone mate.

I went to the kickstarter and found all the names attached. So was the kickstarter just a lie that has been carried on?

Aw well, Don't feel we have the ww2 environment deserving of a 262....yet

Two weeks TM - Coming soon TM - Correct as is TM

1 minute ago, CowanSim said:

I went to the kickstarter and found all the names attached. So was the kickstarter just a lie that has been carried on?

Yep, marketing purposes. But it was Ilya Shevchenko (AKA Luthier) the only actual responsible. Oleg wasn't even close, and Igor Tishin was included as ED director at the moment, I guess, but he did nothing with the kickstarter at all. Luthier also was selling Fw190D-9 and P-51 in the kickstarter as a part of his failed (or never meant) product but those were ED's, actually. Looking at it now it's all so surreal and unlikely, but it happened, sadly.

• Like 2